2018 JL Rubicon. Paint bubbling at door hinges

Tamilvh

First Name
Tami
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Has anyone had issues getting this covered on warranty? It just happened on my 2018 JL Rubicon. It appears to be spreading fast . I talked to dealer he said it's probably not covered by warranty. He was going to look into it next week. I bought it 4/2018. I even bought the extended warranty. Ugh.
I'd prefer to get done at a good body shop I know rather than dealer...is that an option if it is covered by warranty? This sucks....I hate having to paint a vehicle...it's never same as factory. But also can't have this ugly bubbling. Looks bad.

Pra3torian

First Name
Sal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SportS
I'm sorry, but don't let your dealer push you around. I have the same issue. Paint bubbling on both doors (bottom) and the corner of the hood. On top of the insane issue that is appropriately named deathwobble, I now have to deal with rust or fn corrosion, whatever they want to call it. I've had it. My JL is 2 yrs old and have spent too much time at my dealer. My dealer is painting half of my truck and have replaced the steering gear box, 2 steering stabilizers, a track bar and 2 tie rod ends. If I have one more issue I will invoke Connecticut's lemon law and suggest that you threaten your dealer w/the same. If your Jeep is still under warranty, they know a phone call from the State and your dealer would be forced to replace your vehicle. I have a friend that did just that.

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement