Would You Order a JL Again?

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
I custom ordered and took possession within 5 weeks for my 80th AE during the summer of 2021. Even with the 3.6 instead of standard 2.0. I don't know if it helps now, but at the time, ordering as a customer build rather than under the dealer supply pushed my order to the front of the line. Super happy with the time frame.
Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Mine (prior to shutdown down/supply chain issues) was approximately 5 weeks, order to delivery. Overall experience was great; chatting with others on the forum actually made the wait kinda fun! :like:

So…yes, I would do it again; even with the current delays, I think the wait is worth it to get “your” Jeep built “your way”.

BBB

First Name
Kyung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 bmw M3 2022 jeep Sahara
Ordered 3/9/22 Sahara v6 loaded checked status today still in scheduling phase. Started looking for one at dealerships within a 300 mile radius but wasn’t paying over msrp like all of them wanted that had the build color i wanted and have a vehicle so not in a huge rush. Would order again as you get it built out exactly with what you want.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

First of all, the 'wait' times are not just a Jeep thing. My case... I ordered a '22JLR pretty much fully loaded on Dec 18th and it arrived at the dealer Mar 18th. That was pretty much what the dealer said. Yes, I would absolutely do it again if I was back in that situation.

This was only my second time ordering a car. The first was a limited edition 1999 Mustang Cobra when they reintroduced them. My sister was in charge of all Ford vehicle allocations for the the PNW so I had an in.

These are interesting times with Covid, supply chain issues, etc. Look at the bigger picture and be thankful you are living in the USA.

Last edited:

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Yes.

Took 9 weeks but I got exactly what I want. If this one were totaled or stolen Id call the next day and order another one just like it.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I personally can't deal with the wait / mild uncertainty so I buy off the lot every time. I looked nationwide for a 2 door Rubicon back in 2019 and just emailed a handful of dealers that had a Jeep with close to or exactly my options preferences. Dealt with the one that accepted my offer of 5% under invoice and flew to my Jeep the next day to start a return road trip.

I'd do it this way again - not only do you get a cool road trip adventure out of it from mile zero, you get a Jeep you want fast provided you don't absolutely have to have a super rare specific build.

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
Yep— went by the local auto center area yesterday and all dealerships were bare ( IE 1 Wrangler 0 Gladiator). Lots were almost empty. Wondered how long they can survive it’s been a long time since any of them had more than a very minimum inventory.

My Jeep dealer has a ton of Wrangler/Gladiators on the lot. I also see they have 26 in transit (hopefully with mine on the same shipment which is due to arrive before the 22nd). That being said, there's not a single one that has the color and list of options I want. Ordering was my only choice.

Last edited:

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL

Thoughts?
Your question is misleading. You have asked you question:
- 2 years after covid started
- in the middle of a covid related chip shortage
- six weeks after a war has started

For those of us who ordered and received before all that it is a resounding "yes"!

You need now to go to a Toyota forum and ask the same question about the Rav4. Without comparing to other brands your question has no meaning.

OP
OP
RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Your question is misleading. You have asked you question:
- 2 years after covid started
- in the middle of a covid related chip shortage
- six weeks after a war has started

For those of us who ordered and received before all that it is a resounding "yes"!

You need now to go to a Toyota forum and ask the same question about the Rav4. Without comparing to other brands your question has no meaning.
I understand your point, but no one here is interested in ordering a RAV4. I never meant this to try to be a comparison of how Jeep is handling orders compared to others but how they are handling orders in relation to their customer base. Each manufacturer is dealing with the outside forces in different ways, and i have seen first hand how Jeep is handling the issue and wanted to find out how others feel about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh, context. The "issues" you're wondering about, and the decision-making of others, is based on your experience ordering a vehicle. That could have been included in the original post.
But I’m not asking what one would do based on my experience but what they would do based on their experience.

There are some that say the problem orders are few and exceptions. Are they or is the problem more widespread.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

I would do it over again, ordered my 22 JLUR 6mt 4.88's on 11-29 and got 3-8, 100 days/14 weeks/3 months and 9 days

Regards,
Jim

OP
OP
RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i also noticed that many that didnt want to wait still bought a JL, just buying one off the lot.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Would You Order a JL Again?

I will wait for the JM.

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Would absolutely order another JL. Ordered Nov 26, 2021 and delivered Jan 28, 2022.
Sponsored