RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
If you don't look at the question in the context of ordering a new vehicle, any new vehicle, then the answer changes for a lot of people. Would I order a new JL if the wait was 1.5 years, like it was for the Ford Bronco, no way. If the Jeep takes several months, then the answer is absolutely. Why would anyone order a new vehicle if there are "issues" when there are other vehicles without issues...but that's not the case is it?

Many people can't find a "new" vehicle on the lot because of low supply, that's why used car prices are insane. So, in the context of trying to buy a new vehicle, any new vehicle, the JL is one of the easiest to order and have delivered in a relatively short time.

Your original post has no context, related to other vehicles or not, so it's easy to answer yes I'd order a new JL. In fact, I've ordered two new JLs in the last ten months, it's been that satisfying. I've ordered five new vehicles in the last 18 months and have only received three out of five, two of which were JLs that each took 2 - 3 months and an F150 that took eleven months.
I understand your point, but think you don't understand mine. There are some that are just looking for a vehicle, and then what you say may apply. But if you really want a Bronco, and that is the only vehicle you will accept, what the other automakers are doing doesn't really fit into the equation. Many of those are waiting, despite all the current and past issues associated with it. For others, it was their first choice, but not only choice; some of those have come over and ordered a JL.
Some of those that ordered JLs have given up on their orders. Not because they no longer wanted them, but decided to settle rather than wait any longer. Most of these people have sought out JLs on dealer lots, despite little availability. It sounds like you have been one of the lucky ones and have received your orders rather quickly. By some estimates, there are about 20% of October and 20% of November orders that haven't been built yet. It's not just the wait that bothers these people but that Jeep seems to build very similar if not the same orders placed in January and February before theirs, with no apparent reason. Then when these people call Jeep Chat, they get 'cut and paste' responses to their questions with very little if any explanation.
My opinion is that for many, an explanation for some of these actions would go a long way in helping in the wait.
Then there are others, like me, that are in shipping purgatory. Again I think some delay is to be expected given the world events. But how does one accept that some get built and shipped out to their dealer, while others are in long term parking in Toledo. I know from my dealer that he has received many JLs ordered and built after mine that have been delivered. Every time I have talked to Jeep Customer Service, all they say is that it should have been shipped long ago and they are expediting it. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that.
A few orders are being delivered quickly, say in the range of 6 weeks. Many are in the 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 month range. Still others are longer than that. How much longer, we don't know because of the outstanding October orders.
One other thing - I recognize that Jeep's customer interface is lacking. Some of that is a result of the overwhelming number of customer orders over dealer orders. They weren't prepared for this and it shows. But saying little or nothing is not helping matters...
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I don't think your point was clear in the original post. Based on your additional posts, I don't think mine are relevant to this thread.

BayAreaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
Ordered Nov 2...Still no jeep. If I had to do it all over again I would skip it and go buy a gt3rs and reorder a rubi when they drop the new 3l turbo engine!!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Nov 2...Still no jeep. If I had to do it all over again I would skip it and go buy a gt3rs and reorder a rubi when they drop the new 3l turbo engine!!
that dang 3l turbo is already giving me anxiety. I LOVE my eco-diesel, but an I6 is hard to beat. I am really looking forward to what is next.

Sponsored

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
I'd order another one if something were to happen to my current one.

ordered first week of July 2021, delivered first week of November 2021.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If I can get a better deal ordering and order exactly what I want then Yes I'd do it again.

The longer it takes to get my factory ordered jeep the more I can save, either for parts or a bigger down payment lol.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Only if they came back with Ocean Blue Metallic or Snazzberry. Then I'd get a 2 door with half doors. Keeping my 4 door

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
I love "Scooby" and wouldn't trade him for anything (unless something happens to him) then yes, I'd order again in a heartbeat. I must be an anomaly, I got him in 17 days.

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I liked hers so much I ordered one for me.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Ordered custom 2018 JLUR in Jan 2018 received May 2018. Ordered common 2021 JL in Nov 2020 received Dec 2020. Ordered custom 2022 JLR March 24, 2022 received VIN # 8 days later.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
I am certainly one of the lucky ones during all of the chaos. I ordered my Sport Altitude, 3.6 manual, LSD, 8.4 Uconnect and premium sound (not a ton of options) on Jan 20th and I drove away on Mar 18th. A week before my birthday I might add. The dealer had told me 20 to 24 weeks so 2 weeks in when I got the email from Customer Care saying it was built I thought it was a mistake. I guess I just by chance ordered the set of options they happened to have available.

After a month and over 2K miles I absolutely love it, so yes I would definitely order one again. If I was getting jerked around like so many of you are maybe not but obviously it's not just a Jeep thing. Jump on the Bronco forums if you want to see some real ugliness.

Skykingtcb

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ordered January 18 2022 driving it home March 22 2022. JLU Sport S
Loaded with just about everything. I would order again without hesitation. Ordering through Kent at Petersen Jeep in Nampa ID was painless and saved me thousands. Bought 6K below Msrp. If u buy a in stock u pay lots more in my experiences.

Jshea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
Sponsored