Would You Order a JL Again?

Benedict chu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 328 wagon
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
Globally we are in a strange time right now for any kind of manufacturing . COVID and now the Russia/ Ukraine conflict. I had to remind myself with all the things that are happening … I need to put my frustration in waiting for my Jeep into some perspective .

I ordered my Jeep Rubicon XR with the works in 10/16. It was in transit on the train in March but it never made it to the dealership. The train had derailed in Arizona and my Jeep was totaled . At the end of March , I asked where was my Jeep and the dealership told me what had happened a week after the incident.
They said Jeep put in a new order in for me on the fast track. I was not sure what is fast track cause it has wavered between C and D status for a couple of weeks .

In the mean time, I had looked at getting a Bronco but the issues /build/ and look has deterred me. I did reserve a Grenadier but I am not sure if I would be happy with it once it is available in 2023 .

just today - I heard my new Jeep version 2.0 will be shipping tomorrow . I am not going to hold my breath because my first Jeep was in status of shipping for almost three weeks .
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
What? There's been a global supply chain disruption that's impacting the entire industry. It's not a question of if that disruption will impact production but how much.

What are you going to do, buy another make/model? Get used to disappointment. Yeah it sucks but Jeep is handling it better than most.
Yep— went by the local auto center area yesterday and all dealerships were bare ( IE 1 Wrangler 0 Gladiator). Lots were almost empty. Wondered how long they can survive it’s been a long time since any of them had more than a very minimum inventory.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I’m an outlier because of the speed of my build, but I would 100% order again and have thought about turning this one in for a new one in a year or two. I’m racking up miles EXTREMELY fast because I am loving driving it! Nearly 7,000 so far!

Only took me 48 days from order on December 6, 2021 to delivery in January 23, 2022.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yep— went by the local auto center area yesterday and all dealerships were bare ( IE 1 Wrangler 0 Gladiator). Lots were almost empty. Wondered how long they can survive it’s been a long time since any of them had more than a very minimum inventory.
They're selling anything that arrives almost instantly so nothing sits on the lot long. Buyers have become much less picky and are circling like hawks. So you can't tell how they're doing by the lot, it's how many shipments they can get in.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, ordered January 11th, 2021, and came in February 26th, 2021

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Trust me, the car companies all would love to produce and deliver every ordered vehicle out there as soon as possible. They all need cash flow.

These are very unique times. Covid really threw a wrench into everything. There are supplier, parts delays and labor shortages. The delays are beyond their control.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Without question...but I went into mine with even less information on when it would be built then you'all have now.
Placed my order on May 9th, 2020 -while all the auto manufacturing was compleatly shut down, with no idea when it would start again. Mine was built during the first few weeks of start up - when Toledo was still only at half production - and picked it up August 25th, 2020.
It has been a joy to own, with zero issues after 30k miles. I've long believed it recieved a little more attention and TLC during its build because everyone was just getting back to work and had a lower production schedule. Great fit & finish, no loose nuts and bolts and nary a rattle after almost two years of heavy use....

On 2nd thought, I wouldn't order another....I want this baby to last forever.
Jeep Wrangler JL Would You Order a JL Again? 20220324_142546
Jeep Wrangler JL Would You Order a JL Again? 20220402_151321_20220402_152816 (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL Would You Order a JL Again? DSC_1283
Jeep Wrangler JL Would You Order a JL Again? IMG_20200906_161052_987
Jeep Wrangler JL Would You Order a JL Again? 20210118_122629

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
I would absolutely do it again. Main reason is I really prioritized having a manual and finding one on a lot wasn't happening. I searched the online inventory of every dealer in my state before deciding to order from Kent on Nampa. I sent my order to Kent August 6th, 2021, had a VIN within a day or two and it was on the lot September 7th.

Honestly, I thought, and had hoped, it was going to take longer because I needed to close on my house beforehand and that wasn't happening until mid September. Fortunately, Kent held onto it for me until the end of the month and I picked up it up on September 24th.

Malachi

First Name
Malachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Harley FXDB, 2021 JL Willys Manual
Not today, as markups and lead times are out of hand. Would wait until the world becomes a bit more normal. If I could get below invoice, I would order one - anticipating full well a ~6 month possible lead time.

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Yup. I previously owned a modified TJ and I was shocked how capable a stock Rubicon is right out the door. I ordered my JLURD Gecko on 2 Sep 2021 and picked it up 15 Oct 2021 (~6 weeks). I believe the price I got from Kent-Peterson was very fair.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I ordered mine December 16th, 2021 and it showed up at Guptons on December 15th, 2021

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
The waiting was excruciating. Some of these wait times are just ridiculous. After having my Jeep for almost a year, yeah I would do it again. I love this thing.

I ordered 04/30/21 picked up 06/03/21.

I just wish the XR package were available when I ordered.

Last edited:

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Absolutely would order one again. Mine took 52 days from the day I went in to order to the day I picked it up. Sept. 9 to November 16, 2020. I love my Jeeps.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I bought a ‘20 in ‘19… so before all this insanity.

The only things the brand spankin’ new ones have that I’d want are paddle shifters (soon to be rectified), hydraulic mounts, and a front camera.

You could’t pay me to have any of the drivetrain options available now… I’d rather have a JK.
Sponsored