Sponsored

Would you still buy a Wrangler if Jeep did not build custom orders?

Would you still buy a Wrangler if Jeep did not offer custom orders?

• Total voters

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I think the Wrangler could lose a few options, or more specifically distribute them among the packages and leave them there. Especially if it helped them improve quality control. Split the difference on the profits, make some models a few hundred dollars cheaper, others a few hundred more expensive.

They finally did something right by offering a single set of gears. Why not a single set of axles for everything but the Rubi? Why not include LED taillights on everything except a base sport? Why not make power windows standard for every model? Does anyone really not want tinted rear softtop windows? The list goes on and on. If you try to take one off the lot it is a complete crapshoot about what dealers order, and in my experience they usually order 5 of the same poorly configured package.

Custom ordering, it is clear Jeep is trying to nickle and dime me. Trying to find what I wanted at a dealership was almost impossible. Add to that the fact that most dealers don't know anything about the product they are shipping...
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Wrangler could lose a few options, or more specifically distribute them among the packages and leave them there. Especially if it helped them improve quality control. Split the difference on the profits, make some models a few hundred dollars cheaper, others a few hundred more expensive.

They finally did something right by offering a single set of gears. Why not a single set of axles for everything but the Rubi? Why not include LED taillights on everything except a base sport? Why not make power windows standard for every model? Does anyone really not want tinted rear softtop windows? The list goes on and on. If you try to take one off the lot it is a complete crapshoot about what dealers order, and in my experience they usually order 5 of the same poorly configured package.

Custom ordering, it is clear Jeep is trying to nickle and dime me. Trying to find what I wanted at a dealership was almost impossible. Add to that the fact that most dealers don't know anything about the product they are shipping...
Or go back to the old days when you could choose what individual options you want instead of packages that have one thing you want and four you don't but they make more money with packages.