Would You Order a JL Again?

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’d order another JL in a heartbeat. I placed the build order on 6/23/21 and delivery to my driveway by my salesman was on 8/29. Great experience through and through.

OP
OP
RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Most likely not, would find something as similar to my build as possible.

Ordered 10/13/2021 - Still no Jeep and no ETA.
Seems there are two forms of purgatory when ordering - those that get stuck in build purgatory waiting for their build to start, and those in shipping purgatory, waiting forever for it to leave Toledo. I’m in the latter group.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hell no!. I'd buy something that cant be modified and I could bring to the stealership when any minor thing goes wrong. You'll have to pry my 2019 JLUR from my dead hands though. LOL

Sponsored

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I was 16.5 weeks from order to it making it to the dealer. It was tough, but I haven't seen anything like what I wanted so I'm okay with it.

As far as doing it again, if the Rubi 20 anniversary concept vehicle is actually a pre-production unit I will be doing it again next year lol.

bohnster

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude GCM
Occupation
Bourbon Taster
Sorry for your pain; hope you get it soon. I didn't order but I would if I couldn't find what I wanted, even after reading all the threads. There's something about ordering your own special combo that you want. I just happened to luck out and find the exact combo I wanted and was willing to pay MSRP with a good trade-in.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Short answer, yes we would. 14 weeks from order to delivery, and there was nothing available built the way we wanted it. We're very happy so far, as long as it holds up!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
What issues with the build process? I don't understand what issues you're having with Jeep that isn't worse with other manufacturers?

I ordered a 2021 JLR in May 2021. It was delivered in 8.5 weeks.
I ordered a 2022 JLR in Dec 2022. It was delivered in 11 weeks.

I ordered a 2021 Ram truck on 2/26/2021 and am hoping they build it this year.
I ordered a 2021 Ford F150 on 5/4/21. It was delivered late last week (a few days ago).
I ordered a 2021 Ford Bronco on 1/23/21. I cancelled my order in May 2021 when I was told it wouldn't be built in 2021, possibly well into 2022.

To answer your question more directly, if I wanted a 2023 JLR, I'd order one.

Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I will say this has been a pretty frustrating experience, but it was also my first order. It has pretty much turned me off of any pre order in the future. With that said, if I was in a position that it was just a toy and not intended to replace a moderately failing F**king Old Rebuilt Dodge, I might do it with absolutely no expectations, for example, if I were to win the lottery in the next year or two, I might order a Magneto after I buy a diesel truck to tow it when it runs out of battery.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I’d order again. I love the Jeep. It was hard to wait, but TBH it was mainly just my impatience. It was roughly 9 weeks from order to delivery in my case.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Without question I would order another JL. In fact, I'm already beginning to think about when I will order my next, probably in a year or two.

Ordered my current JL Sahara Altitude on February 26th 2021 and took delivery on March 29th 2021. Owned for just over a year and have yet to have a single issue with it.

Was actually hoping it would take at least 12 weeks to arrive once I ordered but nope, it came in much, much quicker. But I guess I shouldn't complain. My wife wasn't happy though as she thought we'd have more time to save up for a bigger down payment.

Next time maybe my wife will get the chance to be happier if it takes almost forever to arrive? But, I doubt I'd be so lucky. It'll still probably arrive in less than 6 weeks. Shoot, my current JL was in Status F, paint, one week after ordering!

spiG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram 1500/19 HD SGS
8 week this friday from order date, no movement, first time factory ordering as it is just a toy so I don't need it but if these were normal times and I could buy one off the lot close to what I wanted and get a good deal i'd do that but since MSRP at best is what you can do on a lot vehicle Id order again right now.