Sponsored

Would You Order a JL Again?

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

I didn't have any issues with the ordering process - ordered in May or early June of 2019 and received it in late August (a 2020 Model Yr JL), so by that metric I would order another Jeep (just from a different dealer)

eluketric

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I ordered 11/27/21 and received 4/12/22. JLUR Sting Gray, color match fenders and roof, led package, no front trail cam, cloth seats, tow package, premium sound system, hardtop headliner and gorilla glass windshield. I’m in Central Florida. I won’t order one again because this is my baby and now I’m poor but if I could, I WOULD order again if I truly believed the 6-8 week estimated time frame initially given. If it seemed like it would be how it was, then no I would have bought straight off a lot. This was a bad time to pick to buy my first Jeep, but now that I have it, I’m totally in love. It’s crazy I’ve never felt this way about a vehicle before. I still can’t believe it’s real and I feel terrible for those still waiting. Don’t worry it’s coming, and it WILL be worth it.

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Right now, maybe not but if we were not in unprecedented times with raw material and chip shortages I definitely would. I absolutely love my JL and it will be quite a while before I even think about trading her up.

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
Ordered January 18 2022 driving it home March 22 2022. JLU Sport S
Loaded with just about everything. I would order again without hesitation. Ordering through Kent at Petersen Jeep in Nampa ID was painless and saved me thousands. Bought 6K below Msrp. If u buy a in stock u pay lots more in my experiences.
Let’s see that spec sheet. Sounds like a great build.

Sponsored

narcotik33

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon XtremeRecon
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
I order mine in Oct 2021. Got it March 2022. Blue Rubi, 3.6L, XRecon, all the bells and gadgets. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Was worth the wait!

OP
OP
RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I have had plenty of time to think about the whole ordering process while I wait, just like many of you. Now I will be first to admit that I have no data to back any of this up, just my thoughts and observations of the ‘21 and ‘22 orders.
The manufacturer model for building the Jeeps is based upon most going to a dealer and buying something off the lot, with a small minority doing special orders. The dealers would make use of their allocations and order a variety of different vehicles. When the ordered vehicles showed up, they were put on the lot and sold. Because of this, Jeep didn’t have to have a strong customer interface base since the dealers didn’t focus so much on when a particular order arrived as long as they always had a stream of vehicles delivered for them to sell.
With the supply chain issues, that dynamic changed drastically. Suddenly , the majority of orders were customer orders, each trying to track a particular vehicle. This on top of issues with getting needed parts in “just in time” fashion, it became a perfect storm of sorts. Now the October order people wanted to know why the January orders were being built first….then being told “it will be delivered when it gets delivered”. Never a big deal for the dealers, it becomes a big deal when your focus is one Jeep order. Same for shipping…it appeared for a time that they were building vehicles more based on where the orders were going rather than the dates the orders were received. Then the delivery chain broke down and they had to start to store vehicles. The ones in the back of the lot sat while those in the front were moved out time and again.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Jeep doesn't want all this to happen, they are not delaying vehicles on purpose. Every day Jeep has a vehicle(s) sitting in a lot somewhere is another day the vehicle(s) could get damaged. One big thunderstorm dropping golf ball sized hail, and Jeep could lose hundreds of vehicles that cannot be sold as new. Jeep does not want to build vehicles that they cannot ship. As it becomes, and it has become easier to ship vehicles, deliveries will pick up. I want my Sahara now, but I will wait as long as it takes. My dealer told me it would take 120 days to get a new Jeep, but I ordered anyway. It will get here when it gets here...

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Ordered 1/22 landed at dealer 4/11 picked up 4/12…… 11 weeks. Yes, I would order again.

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
12 week wait for order. You'll forget all about the wait once it's here. Just keep shopping for parts to kill time. My first jeep and I'm kicking myself for going my entire life without one. Its pretty great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RAO

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Jeep doesn't want all this to happen, they are not delaying vehicles on purpose. Every day Jeep has a vehicle(s) sitting in a lot somewhere is another day the vehicle(s) could get damaged. One big thunderstorm dropping golf ball sized hail, and Jeep could lose hundreds of vehicles that cannot be sold as new. Jeep does not want to build vehicles that they cannot ship. As it becomes, and it has become easier to ship vehicles, deliveries will pick up. I want my Sahara now, but I will wait as long as it takes. My dealer told me it would take 120 days to get a new Jeep, but I ordered anyway. It will get here when it gets here...
I cant tell you how many times I have thought about the potential for weather damage over the past three months that mine has been sitting in the lot in Toledo. Can't say how many times I checked the weather in Toledo.

One would also think that the financial impact of them sitting there is not small either.

Jgebhart

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jl willys
Ordered mine Dec 14 2021. Still waiting. Was just told it moved to production and could be another 7-10 weeks. Would not do this again. Excited to get my JL WILLYS. However, Jeep has lost my future business because of customer service and I don’t wven have my Jeep yet!

3924me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 XR
waiting for them to bring back the xr 392 so i can order another one. Best car iv owned

OfftheJeepN

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner, 2022 JLUR XR
Ordered mine Dec 14 2021. Still waiting. Was just told it moved to production and could be another 7-10 weeks. Would not do this again. Excited to get my JL WILLYS. However, Jeep has lost my future business because of customer service and I don’t wven have my Jeep yet!

Same order date for my JLUR, December 14 (one of 10 similar JLUR 3.6's not budging on Crypto). Kinda had tax day in my head as the possible wait. My taxes are done and still waiting on my Jeep. Hope yours gets to you soon!

MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2022
I placed an order for a Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package on Jan 4 2022 and have not received it and there is no ETA yet... I cannot tell yet if I would do it again, I guess I need to see how the process continues....
Sponsored