Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hey there!

I just though I would hop on here and let you guys know that we do offer a discount to forum members on all applicable items! I use our Quadratec Stealth 10,000 winch with synthetic rope on my personal Jeep and I love it! I use it pretty often and have had it installed for about a 2 years now and it still works flawlessly! Let us know if you have any questions and we would be more than happy to help! Have a great day!

-Justin
Sponsored

maddmaxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
I know we have had a poll on here about peoples perspective of wheeling alone, with or without a winch and so on. I am generally interested how many people are running a winch on their front bumper, how many haven't used it, and how many aren't planning to run one.

This is a no judgement poll, I am just purely interested. I know this poll has a bit of bias based on where you live/wheel, so we will just over look that part for now!
[/QUOT
Better to not need and have it, than need it and not have it. 100% winch.

scuba264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Altitude
I’ve owned several different brands over the years, the best was Warn. This time I decided to try the Quad stealth when they first came out, It did not disappoint. This thing is a great bang for your buck. We’ve got over a dozen recoveries on it, and it hasn’t missed a beat.

69B5AD74-D70D-4CB5-BE55-0BA73B917ADF.jpeg

Mostly kids in the woods in moms minivan or dads 2wd truck buried to the axle in the sugar sand. Also a couple Jeeps stuck in the mud holes. Newbies to the area that don’t know which mud holes to go around and which ones you can drive through.

1734EDAA-09CF-44B4-828F-7066BDAB5B6C.jpeg

I put it to the test with this guy, he was stuck in the mud so bad , it was like a suction cup. He thought he could push the mud out of this obstacle.....:facepalm:..... we got him out, but I had to have another Rubi pulling me with tow strap to keep me from sliding in there with him, lol. The winch slowed down a little but never stopped or overheated, just kept pulling. I was amazed how well it performed. I would definitely recommend this winch, especially if your on a budget.

3CB66BCB-3059-42B0-AF36-53EC8FF14246.jpeg

9ADEB3AA-E171-47E8-81E2-9CCAF12910B9.jpeg
11480469-6DD4-4767-B8C9-4C8DEBB89472.jpeg
Awesome haha. I've had a tab open on my laptop with the 10k synthetic for like a week now. They are out of stock and supposed to ship around Dec 1. I keep going back and forth between this and the Smitty X20. This is a good review haha. Like so many things, I see good and bad posted, but people are a lot more prone to post the complaints about things

toecheese

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR MT
Occupation
Construction
A question I thought of while reading these replies is... Can you go through a car wash with a winch?

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
A question I thought of while reading these replies is... Can you go through a car wash with a winch?
I go through Tidal Wave Car Wash all the time

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Only used mine once so far, and that was to pull a very large root out of the ground. :)

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I go through ultimate shine all the time

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
as a caveat....voted yes but never used. not for recovery work yet. it has been used to play, but, not as a serious "aww, crap...." moment...yet.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
After reading about how much it gets used, and how often I wheel, I’m just going to go with a highlift jack.
Yeah good luck with that... lol. The times we have had to winch we would have been there hours using a Hi-Lift to do it. I used to think this way, bought a winch, used it multiple times and realized it paid for itself the first time I used it.
To each his own, but if you are really wheeling this ain't gonna cut it.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I put "Yes, but never used it" only because I Just put it on a week and a half ago. It Might get used, it might not. Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
After reading about how much it gets used, and how often I wheel, I’m just going to go with a highlift jack.
The music sounds straight out of Walker, Texas Ranger.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, until the thing smacks you in the jaw and you end up with a $10,000 medical bill for reconstructive surgery. ;-)
I love how the video shows a hill that wouldn't even need to be winched up or in the case of a broken Jeep, it's a hill that is stupid easy. All the winching we have done would have been futile at best dangerous at worst with a Hi Lift.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
So, snarky remarks about a hi lift aside, if you don't wheel much, buy a cheaper Winch especially if you already have a factory steel bumper. A 10k lbs SmittyBilt, or even the Harbor Freight badlands will get the occasional user out of most anything. I have a 10k smittybilt that I paid about $320 for. I've only used it to pull a few big trucks and JLUs out of the snow.
Sponsored