Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I was set on going with Synergy front/rear but is there another serviceable option with better articulation?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I was set on going with Synergy front/rear but is there another serviceable option with better articulation?
What are your concerns with the synergy? They have a great solution out.

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I run a RK because imho, when it comes to articulations, nothing beats a heim joint. That said, the track bar really doesn’t move that much within the bracket. This is at full droop.....

4DD66083-3BE0-4D39-A581-F76C43867F87.jpeg

Any aftermarket adjustable track bar that does not emulate the factory bushing will work just fine.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I run a RK because imho, when it comes to articulations, nothing beats a heim joint. That said, the track bar really doesn’t move that much within the bracket. This is at full droop.....

Any aftermarket adjustable track bar that does not emulate the factory bushing will work just fine.
This^^!!

The factory Clevite bushings do not like to have any rotational forces. Once they get rotated too far, the metal sleeve tears from the rubber bushing which will then cause handling problems, including death wobble.

The Synergy and Rock Krawler both are very good track bars. I also like the Johnny Joint equipped track bars, IMO it is one of the best joints for track bars and control arms.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Yup, I think heim's are the best bet for articulation and still being compact packaging.

Look at your picture - it fits inside the trackbar pocket with room to spare.

The only downsides:

- Usually a jam nut to keep tight which means not a maintenance free joint.
- Can transfer more NVH as it's not a bushing.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I think heim's are the best bet for articulation and still being compact packaging.

Look at your picture - it fits inside the trackbar pocket with room to spare.

The only downsides:

- Usually a jam nut to keep tight which means not a maintenance free joint.
- Can transfer more NVH as it's not a bushing.
Yeah..... I knew the downside going in when deciding to go with RK. For me personally, it was a no brainer, lol. I’m a hands on, fix it myself, kinda guy. So the maintenance was a non issue.

As you can see In pic, I mark all my jam nuts, make sure I torque to spec plus, and I use goop. Been using jam nuts for years, and never had one come loose, ever, and we’re talking about more years than I care to say, lol.

As to NVH, well..... lets just say that’s a non issue with me. For me personally, even though it’s a real thing, it doesn’t even exist in a lifted 5000 lb concrete block on 37 inch off-road tires. My old half deaf, hard ass wouldn’t hear/ feel it if my life depended on it......:giggle:

I drive my buddies rig with the MC game changer, with the state of the art bushings, and to be honest, it rides a little rougher than mine, and he finally admitted it, lol. But to be clear, they both ride amazing, we’re just talking fine hair stuff here. This is all subjective, and only my opinion ( and his) of course. FWIW , I think the GC is one of the best kits out there.......;).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for the replies and great discussion. My truck has all modified johnny joint type bushings (shown below) and I was hoping to find something similar for the jeep. They're quieter than a true heim but yes, I agree a true heim is hard to beat!

2500_rr_tb_2.jpg

I'll probably just go synergy. I like that they produce a front AND rear replacement bar.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks everyone for the replies and great discussion. My truck has all modified johnny joint type bushings (shown below) and I was hoping to find something similar for the jeep. They're quieter than a true heim but yes, I agree a true heim is hard to beat!

2500_rr_tb_2.jpg

I'll probably just go synergy. I like that they produce a front AND rear replacement bar.

I think Currie and Clayton offer Johnny Joint arms and track bars.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
have a clayton kit, got it a year and a half ago front and rear are johnny on the frame side and dual durometer on the axle side

looks like @Clayton Off Road may have updated the front frame side to be be dual durometer but rear is still johnnyjoint

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-adjustable-front-track-bar-2018-jl-jt
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-adjustable-rear-track-bar-2018-jl
Exactly right!

All of our Premium Adjustable Track Bars come with both a Johnny Joint on one end to allow for more misalignment and a dual durometer Giiro joint on the other to help with road noise and vibrations.

All of our Track Bars come with our Lifetime Guarantee against bending or breaking, and are 100% Made-In-The-USA right here in our shop :flag:

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

How much is the other end of the track bar articulating? Is it really being twisted, or is the whole bar just rotated?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How much is the other end of the track bar articulating? Is it really being twisted, or is the whole bar just rotated?
The bar is straight, that’s just how much the axle moves when drooped

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
RANCHO
Sponsored