Searching for better articulation

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I currently have the Mopar 2" lift. Im wanting to get more wheel travel without necessarily buying a whole new suspension, right now. Im looking at getting some better control arms but don't know if I can get by with buying the 4 lower control arms or do I need to upgrade all 8?
Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Is your jeep bumped out properly? By that I mean, do you have just enough bump stop to prevent your tires from rubbing, and nothing more?

If so, what is the distance between your upper and lower shock mounts at full bump? Do your shocks have a compressed length that is equal to (or slightly less than) that measurement?

If that is the case then you already have a properly set up jeep. If that is not the case, then address those issues first because I really doubt control arms will do anything for you.

Reactions: D60
OP
OP
Aspaztikcolon

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The up travel is fine. Aren't the stock bushings preventing me from more droop?

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Disconnect the bottom of the shock on the side you wanna droop and ramp it or flex it out however you can.

Does the lower shock mount drop out of reach of the shock before the coil comes away from its mount? (the coil may not do this anyway)

But if so, you know your arms are allowing travel but your shock length is the limiting factor.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
I don’t know, did you check? Put your frame up on jack stands, take the springs out, and cycle the suspension with a floor jack.
Sponsored