Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Sahara turned three years old last November. It only has 16,300 miles. It has Mopar lift, 35-inch tires, 4.88 gears, is fully equipped and has given me very few problems.

I’ve owned Wranglers for 14 years. But I barely drive this Jeep any more. Every time I get a chance, I hop in the Fiat Spider instead. I prefer the maneuverability, the precise steering, the fuel economy.

I don’t off-road like I used to anymore; I think I have developed a mental blockage towards bashing such a beautiful —and expensive— Jeep against the rocks. Driving the Jeep around town and on the freeway seems to have become a chore for some reason.

But I don’t know what else to get. Ideally, I’d want something a little nimbler, with AWD/4WD, that is comfortable, with room for four, is easy on gas, fun to drive, and doesn’t cost an arm an a leg. Body-on-frame preferred, but not required.

A few months back I placed an order for a 2023 Mini Clubman John Cooper Works. After waiting eight months, when the vehicle finally arrived I couldn’t pull the trigger. Paying $51,000 for a Mini was one of my holdbacks; another was my lack of trust in German/British durability. Otherwise, I think the vehicle would have fit the bill.

I don’t know what else get, though. I owned a Tacoma before: loved the solidity but hated the power train and the seats; I kind of like GMC Canyon AT4 but the interior is just old. I’m not considering Broncos. Grand Cherokee is out of the question: I’m not spending that kind of money, and I am pretty much done with Jeep dealers. I don’t like Subarus; they look like shit. But I’m open to Toyotas, Mazdas, GMs, and to some Hondas.

Any other thoughts? Suggestions? Keep the Jeep and suck it up...?
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You're the only common denominator with every perceived problem in your vehicle choices.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
But I don’t know what else to get. Ideally, I’d want something a little nimbler, with AWD/4WD, that is comfortable, with room for four, is easy on gas, fun to drive, and doesn’t cost an arm an a leg. Body-on-frame preferred, but not required.

Yea what you want doesnt exist in the new market, and very little in the used. Youre best bet is building the vehicle of your dreams cause it doesnt exist to buy.

If I had to name a vehicle that would be close it would be a 4Runner but you already said you didnt want a Taco so it is kinda ruled out.

Sponsored

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
My 2018 Sahara turned three years old last November. It only has 16,300 miles. It has Mopar lift, 35-inch tires, 4.88 gears, is fully equipped and has given me very few problems.

I’ve owned Wranglers for 14 years. But I barely drive this Jeep any more. Every time I get a chance, I hop in the Fiat Spider instead. I prefer the maneuverability, the precise steering, the fuel economy.

I don’t off-road like I used to anymore; I think I have developed a mental blockage towards bashing such a beautiful —and expensive— Jeep against the rocks. Driving the Jeep around town and on the freeway seems to have become a chore for some reason.

A few months back I placed an order for a 2023 Mini Clubman John Cooper Works. After waiting eight months, when the vehicle finally arrived I couldn’t pull the trigger. Paying $51,000 for a Mini was one of my holdbacks; another was my lack of trust in German/British durability. Otherwise, I think the vehicle would have fit the bill.

I don’t know what else get, though. I owned a Tacoma before: loved the solidity but hated the power train and the seats; I kind of like GMC Canyon AT4 but the interior is just old. I’m not considering Broncos. Grand Cherokee is out of the question: I’m not spending that kind of money, and I am pretty much done with Jeep dealers. I don’t like Subarus; they look like shit. But I’m open to Toyotas, Mazdas, GMs, and to some Hondas.

Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness. Subaru has the best AWD out, great fuel economy and aftermarket including Bumpers, winch mounts, light mounts, lift kits. Add all of the above and still enjoy 27MPG combined. Quite reliable too.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Easy.............. find someone who wants to trade a two door ruby for your 4 door.....many folks out there needing to upgrade to a 4 door.
Yes. Downsizing to a 2-door Wrangler has crossed my mind!

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I would check out the 2023 Colorado. They will probably be scarce for a while. But being all new no telling what problems might have. But look awesome on paper and under 40k for Trailboss version.

Otherwise 4Runner.

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When I raced, I had race cars. When I hauled stuff, I had (and still have) trucks.

Now, if I didn’t drive offroad, why in the world would I have a Jeep or be looking at other offroad oriented vehicles?

Sell your Jeep. Then go rent a bunch of other vehicles on Turo and find your next car.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Yes. Downsizing to a 2-door Wrangler has crossed my mind!
See you said room for 4 and while the JL can fit 4 adults its not really fun to get back there and unless both people in the front are short its not the best for comfort. But really the best answer to which Jeep should I get is always the 2-door and figure out how to make it work.
Sponsored