What were they thinking?

ITGuy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
My drivers seat is blue now. It’s not the seats fault so much as it was the dark jeans.
I have not had this issue yet but my Jeep is only 6 months old. Can I ask how old your jeep is, and if it was cheap blue jeans or Levi’s? I would like to avoid this.
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Have to disagree with anyone who thinks the taillights are difficult or time consuming to remove.

due to the back & forth in this thread, i just went to my garage with a stopwatch.

start
Open tailgate
Remove toolset from cargo bin
Remove tailight “bolt” cover
Remove taillight white plastic retaining “bolt”
Drop bolt & wrench in cargo area
Grab taillight & yank firmly backwards
Stop

this took a total of 31 seconds

I have probably done this 5 or 6 times, so it was not my first time.
I may be handy this type stuff, but anyone who says it takes more than a couple minutes doesn’t know how to do this, or simply should not be doing this.

now, i do agree that i am not a fan of the engineering of how the taillights are mounted. The ability to steal taillight by simply grabbing them and ripping them off sucks for anyone who parks in higher crime areas.

But, i do not have a better idea, as i can see the value of the plastic bolt breaking first to save the taillight if it is caught by a rock or tree branch on the trail.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have not had this issue yet but my Jeep is only 6 months old. Can I ask how old your jeep is, and if it was cheap blue jeans or Levi’s? I would like to avoid this.
lucky brand jeans, very dark. My Jeep is 3 years old.
Sponsored