Pick one.

• Total voters

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm sorry, but if you think Jeep can not engineer a cooling package for a 2.0T in a Gladiator you are mistaken. There is absolutely nothing hard or unusual about fooling 4 cyl turbos for trucks. E.g. Ranger.
Here is one article of many. There are others. Some with a lot more details. There was/is a great technical sheet out there explaining the limitations of the 2.0T for the Gladiator. It had the engineers explaining everything they tried and why it was not feasible. They left nothing on the table. The 2.0T is a excellent motor but not for the Gladiator's towing requirements. And I am not a hater. I loved the 2.0T in my old JLR. It is just what it is.

https://www.off-road.com/blog/2018/12/06/2020-jeep-gladiator-wont-offer-2-0l-four-cylinder-engine/

Last edited:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
And what do the 3.0 diesel & 2.0 have in common?
Nothing really. The 2.0T has a very sophisticated integrated exhaust gas cooler pre-turbo and integrated (in the intake) charge air intercooler post turbo. It also has very sophisticated spark ignition timing controls not available on the diesel.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I'm sorry, but if you think Jeep can not engineer a cooling package for a 2.0T in a Gladiator you are mistaken. There is absolutely nothing hard or unusual about fooling 4 cyl turbos for trucks. E.g. Ranger.
One my favorite things about the internet, is reading someone make a baseless claim, be proven wrong quickly and naturally it's never acknowledged. Zero accountability.

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I appear to be running into late-week retardation.
Me too.

On that note, I'm opening up the poll to unlimited choices... because it's possible to buy more than one Jeep.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Poll needs more LSX

and not even a Hellaphant option?!

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
On that note, I'm opening up the poll to unlimited choices... because it's possible to buy more than one Jeep.
Was nice to see what the stats were when one vote per person. I mean if I bought a second Jeep it would be the 3.6 again because I like it that much. But I understand some may not feel the same about their first choice or wanted a change the second go around for another reason.

Hands down all the motors make their owners happy. But definitely more votes for the 3.6 as a motor alone and just barely more for the 3.6 as a powertrain (as you put it earlier)... I didn't expect to see that for some reason.

Pretty good poll for a meaningless poll as you put it...

Jeep Wrangler JL The great meaningless engine poll 1642178518292

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Poll needs more LSX
I guess I was trying to keep it relevant to something that could be offered in the JL. Unless GM buys Jeep or Jeep buys the tooling for the LS... I don't see that happening from the factory. Of course I used to own a Jeep with a factory installed Buick V6, so who knows what could happen.

and not even a Hellaphant option?!
Hmmm... good point. Granted.

Was nice to see what the stats were when one vote per person. I mean if I bought a second Jeep it would be the 3.6 again because I like it that much. But I understand some may not feel the same about their first choice or wanted a change the second go around for another reason.

Hands down all the motors make their owners happy. But definitely more votes for the 3.6 as a motor alone and just barely more for the 3.6 as a powertrain (as you put it earlier)... I didn't expect to see that for some reason.

Pretty good poll for a meaningless poll as you put it...

Jeep Wrangler JL The great meaningless engine poll 1642178518292
People are still going to vote for what they're interested in. I would never consider a 4-door, but I'm still interested in the 392.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Of course I used to own a Jeep with a factory installed Buick V6, so who knows what could happen.
Hi,

Back in AMC days they also put the Buick 350 in Waggoners and all AMC V8's used the lousy Buick oil pump/front cover....

Regards,
Jim

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I currently have the 3.0 diesel and would buy another if I was to replace my current one. But I'd think about the 392 or similar V8 if I was to get a second Jeep. I'm also curious about the new I6, turbo, no turbo, eboost.
I'd also think about the 4xe, if someone else would agree to pay for replacement batteries when needed. It's a Jeep so more than likely I'd have it long enough to need to replace the battery pack.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD