Tazer (Programmer) for the JL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Would it be possible to have the front windows auto down if you press remote unlock twice quickly, thus would be great in the south and south west in the summer.
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have had my stereo stop communicating with my iPhone, thus carplay wont work. I do the full reboot and voila' it is fixed...

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993
just installed the Tazer Mini in our JLURD and have read the last twenty pages, still havenā€™t found an answer to this question;

ā€˜What exactly does a partial reboot do/accomplish and why/when is it necessary to perform?ā€

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
+1
same question for me

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my stereo stop communicating with my iPhone, thus carplay wont work. I do the full reboot and voila' it is fixed...
For me it's my rear view camera (the original one) which was no longer working after I took over my Jeep.

A complete reboot and my camera works again, i.e. the image is displayed again on the screen

Sponsored

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
just installed the Tazer Mini in our JLURD and have read the last twenty pages, still havenā€™t found an answer to this question;

ā€˜What exactly does a partial reboot do/accomplish and why/when is it necessary to perform?ā€
Itā€™s pairs Your Taser with your Jeep. Think of Bluetooth pairing your phone with a device. When? Every time you make a change

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993
Itā€™s pairs Your Taser with your Jeep. Think of Bluetooth pairing your phone with a device. When? Every time you make a change

Per the instructions, it actually resets certain dash startup items.....the question is why is that function available, and why/when is it needed.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There is a separate marrying procedure (and un-marrying), this is not when it pairs.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Are there any current known issues with the Tazer mini and the JL Wrangler? Looking at picking up one of these for my new Sahara. I looked at the seller's website for a known bug list but don't see anything mentioned.

Is it safe to assume that there are no longer any known bugs?

TIA

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any current known issues with the Tazer mini and the JL Wrangler? Looking at picking up one of these for my new Sahara. I looked at the seller's website for a known bug list but don't see anything mentioned.

TIA
I have a regular Tazer and really have no issues with it at this point. I mainly use it to shut down the ESS, adjust for tire size, and keep fog lights on when the bright headlights are on. I also use it to reboot the Uconnect when it goes wonky. Fortunately, after the latest update, the Uconnect hasn't been requiring it. (knock on wood.) Works great!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase

TIA
It really depends who you talk to. some have issues, some don't. Only issues I have with mine is if I leave it connected for more then a week my electrical system seems to go on a fritz. I've had anything from Uconnect constantly restarting to most recent I had the service ESS light come on(no issues with the system). I purchased this system for mainly tire size/TPMS sensors. so I really have no reason to keep it connected. I had left it connected this last time to utilize the constant ESS off and 2wd disconnect features. but after this last issue, I will only be using it for the "non-live" features and keeping it disconnected.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It really depends who you talk to. some have issues, some don't. Only issues I have with mine is if I leave it connected for more then a week my electrical system seems to go on a fritz. I've had anything from Uconnect constantly restarting to most recent I had the service ESS light come on(no issues with the system). I purchased this system for mainly tire size/TPMS sensors. so I really have no reason to keep it connected. I had left it connected this last time to utilize the constant ESS off and 2wd disconnect features. but after this last issue, I will only be using it for the "non-live" features and keeping it disconnected.
I have the JL Mini. Personally, I think the directions suck. But you once you become familiar with navigating through the menu and understand what each function does, itā€™s not so bad. Just be sure to full reboot and sleep after you make changes.
Knock on wood... I have not had any issues leaving it connected.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had a couple of small uconnect "things" that happened so I also just leave mine disconnected and use the non-live functions. Nothing major but the radio would remain black for a minute or 2 after starting or one time the reverse camera took a while to turn off after putting in drive. I don't really have a need for the live functions so I just remove and put in the glove box. If I ever have a situation I need it, I can just intall quick.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Hope to find a decent price from a Canadian retailer.

Regards!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The only problem I have is the light show randomly turns while driving. It usually happens when I am off roading. It very well could be that bouncing around, I hit the correct button combination on the steering wheel.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.