Tazer (Programmer) for the JL

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
thanks because I've yet to get it change
I have a 2020 JLUR with the 3.6. When I got my Tazer mini I updated it (11.1.5) before using it. It would not change my tire size, no matter what I changed it to. I sent it back to Zautomotive, and they sent another one. Same result. I rolled the firmware back to 11.1.4 and it works fine. I dont know what is up with 11.1.5 and the 2020.

I also bought an AEV procal snap, it worked fine to change tire size.

I went back to the Tazer because I have the front camera. I have since updated it to 11.1.8, but haven't monkeyed with the tire size settings, so I dont know if it will have any effect.

Try 11.1.4 with your diesel.

Advertisement

roll

First Name
lance
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I have a 2020 JLUR with the 3.6. When I got my Tazer mini I updated it (11.1.5) before using it. It would not change my tire size, no matter what I changed it to. I sent it back to Zautomotive, and they sent another one. Same result. I rolled the firmware back to 11.1.4 and it works fine. I dont know what is up with 11.1.5 and the 2020.

I also bought an AEV procal snap, it worked fine to change tire size.

I went back to the Tazer because I have the front camera. I have since updated it to 11.1.8, but haven't monkeyed with the tire size settings, so I dont know if it will have any effect.

Try 11.1.4 with your diesel.
I’ve yet to get mine to change. In fact I was going to show someone the light show and couldn’t it to come up.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve yet to get mine to change. In fact I was going to show someone the light show and couldn’t it to come up.
Did you change your firmware?

I would love to know if it works with 11.1.4 firmware

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like the live features but once I opened the hood with it parked, off and locked and the light show started by its self. I messaged Joe at Z automotive and he told me that that is the hood alarm.

Funny

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
OK question? I have a 2019 JLU with sport option. NoT originally equipped with LED'S I added the switchback leds to front turn signals so now at night they light up white, until turn signal is turned on it will flash yellow. Is there any way to have them stay on white during the day. I enabled led for front turn signal. I enabled DRL and USA, but if I use turn signal the light yellow not white.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I like the live features but once I opened the hood with it parked, off and locked and the light show started by its self. I messaged Joe at Z automotive and he told me that that is the hood alarm.

Funny
Same thing happened to me on Sunday. I had the hood open doing the wiring on my ARB twin compressor install and the light show was going. No horn beep or anything like an alarm; just the lights flashing in sequence. I just locked (or unlocked...can't remember which) the jeep from the key fob and it stopped. I only knew what it was because I read your post about it that morning.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Same thing happened to me on Sunday. I had the hood open doing the wiring on my ARB twin compressor install and the light show was going. No horn beep or anything like an alarm; just the lights flashing in sequence. I just locked (or unlocked...can't remember which) the jeep from the key fob and it stopped. I only knew what it was because I read your post about it that morning.
I didn't even notice mine until I was in the house and looking outside.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does someone know if it is possible to change the speed setting on when the swaybar will reconnect? Or the shortcut on how to disconnect it?

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You can map it to the cruise control buttons, and I think that will let you engage/disengage it going faster. From the instructions "disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph or at any speed if mapped to a button"

The instructions are here. https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1120.pdf
Thanks, I noticed on the version I am running now the swaybar wont disconnect in 2WD most of the times. Says must be in 4Hi/LO etc.. Ill give this a shot. I have to admit the live functions and the short cuts should be drawn up on a quick reference card haha

jludave

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
OK question? I have a 2019 JLU with sport option. NoT originally equipped with LED'S I added the switchback leds to front turn signals so now at night they light up white, until turn signal is turned on it will flash yellow. Is there any way to have them stay on white during the day. I enabled led for front turn signal. I enabled DRL and USA, but if I use turn signal the light yellow not white.
Short answer is no. When enabling turn signal DRLs on a Sport, the turn signal circuit is activated - not the parking light circuit. This is why the DRLs are amber and not white. I went through the same thing when I installed my switchbacks. There's currently no way around this. And, the turn signals will always be yellow when activated. That's the point of the switchbacks.

Sergio671980

First Name
Sergio
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hi..
I purchased a set of color matched rubicon fneder flairs with LED light in them.. i have a sport and was wondering what i have to do with my tazer to have them on when ignition is on..
I will also be doing led headlight and fogs but for now just need to know what to do as far as setting to run the DRLs properly.
Thank you

Halstem1

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have some questions on the Tazer JL for anyone that can answer...

This weekend I'm installing my mopar aux switches. I can activate them with a Tazer. Is there any benefit of having the dealer activate over the Tazer? For example, if I had to unmarry my tazer some day (say it quits updating or something) would I lose the function of my aux switches??? I'm likely re-gearing soon so will probably need a Tazer anyway. But curious if there would be any reason to have the dealer activate my switches first.

Second, are all tazer JLs the same? If you order from the ZAutomotive site, it has you input your vehicle specifics. But if you order from Northridge, it doesn't look like it requires any of that info.

Is there anywhere to purchase for a discount?

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2021 JLR, 2018 Range Rover, 2021 Range Rover
I have a 2020 3.0 diesel Rubi. I installed the Tazer mini no problem last night. I have only adjusted the tire pressure so far, but today after a short drive I noticed the cooling fan at a higher rev & a smell of a heated engine that I have not noticed before. I Checked afterwards and made sure I had not changed any other settings and none were changed.

I’m not sure if anyone else has run into this with the diesel or not, so I’m looking for a reason for the elevated cooling fan rev/noise.

mallratt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I cannot get my DRL to stop activating the turn signal light out warning. It worked perfectly until I had my radio software updated by the dealership (which basically reset all my tazer settings). I’ve got all the other settings to work again except the DRL/turn signals.
Setting:
DRLtype: USA DRL loc: dedica DRL DROP: NO LED FTrn: Yes.

software TZ JL: 11.1.8

I have toggled each setting individually off/on and did a full reboot each time. No matter how many 5 min sleep cycles I give it, it still displays the message on start up. Sometime during my drive it will act normal for 2-3 sweeps when the signal is on, but then it gives me the error again and begins to hyperflash. Does this for both signals individually and sometimes will display that both are out at the same time. I have had my tazer for a year or so and never had any issue until now.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Teraflex

Advertisement