Not open for further replies.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does someone know if it is possible to change the speed setting on when the swaybar will reconnect? Or the shortcut on how to disconnect it?
Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You can map it to the cruise control buttons, and I think that will let you engage/disengage it going faster. From the instructions "disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph or at any speed if mapped to a button"

The instructions are here. https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1120.pdf
Thanks, I noticed on the version I am running now the swaybar wont disconnect in 2WD most of the times. Says must be in 4Hi/LO etc.. Ill give this a shot. I have to admit the live functions and the short cuts should be drawn up on a quick reference card haha

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OK question? I have a 2019 JLU with sport option. NoT originally equipped with LED'S I added the switchback leds to front turn signals so now at night they light up white, until turn signal is turned on it will flash yellow. Is there any way to have them stay on white during the day. I enabled led for front turn signal. I enabled DRL and USA, but if I use turn signal the light yellow not white.
Short answer is no. When enabling turn signal DRLs on a Sport, the turn signal circuit is activated - not the parking light circuit. This is why the DRLs are amber and not white. I went through the same thing when I installed my switchbacks. There's currently no way around this. And, the turn signals will always be yellow when activated. That's the point of the switchbacks.

Sergio671980

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hi..
I purchased a set of color matched rubicon fneder flairs with LED light in them.. i have a sport and was wondering what i have to do with my tazer to have them on when ignition is on..
I will also be doing led headlight and fogs but for now just need to know what to do as far as setting to run the DRLs properly.
Thank you

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have some questions on the Tazer JL for anyone that can answer...

This weekend I'm installing my mopar aux switches. I can activate them with a Tazer. Is there any benefit of having the dealer activate over the Tazer? For example, if I had to unmarry my tazer some day (say it quits updating or something) would I lose the function of my aux switches??? I'm likely re-gearing soon so will probably need a Tazer anyway. But curious if there would be any reason to have the dealer activate my switches first.

Second, are all tazer JLs the same? If you order from the ZAutomotive site, it has you input your vehicle specifics. But if you order from Northridge, it doesn't look like it requires any of that info.

Is there anywhere to purchase for a discount?

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
I have a 2020 3.0 diesel Rubi. I installed the Tazer mini no problem last night. I have only adjusted the tire pressure so far, but today after a short drive I noticed the cooling fan at a higher rev & a smell of a heated engine that I have not noticed before. I Checked afterwards and made sure I had not changed any other settings and none were changed.

Iā€™m not sure if anyone else has run into this with the diesel or not, so Iā€™m looking for a reason for the elevated cooling fan rev/noise.

mallratt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I cannot get my DRL to stop activating the turn signal light out warning. It worked perfectly until I had my radio software updated by the dealership (which basically reset all my tazer settings). Iā€™ve got all the other settings to work again except the DRL/turn signals.
Setting:
DRLtype: USA DRL loc: dedica DRL DROP: NO LED FTrn: Yes.

software TZ JL: 11.1.8

I have toggled each setting individually off/on and did a full reboot each time. No matter how many 5 min sleep cycles I give it, it still displays the message on start up. Sometime during my drive it will act normal for 2-3 sweeps when the signal is on, but then it gives me the error again and begins to hyperflash. Does this for both signals individually and sometimes will display that both are out at the same time. I have had my tazer for a year or so and never had any issue until now.

Any suggestions?

Fuzzy Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2020 3.0 diesel Rubi. I installed the Tazer mini no problem last night. I have only adjusted the tire pressure so far, but today after a short drive I noticed the cooling fan at a higher rev & a smell of a heated engine that I have not noticed before. I Checked afterwards and made sure I had not changed any other settings and none were changed.

Iā€™m not sure if anyone else has run into this with the diesel or not, so Iā€™m looking for a reason for the elevated cooling fan rev/noise.
more than likely your jeep was going through a regen when you happened to shut it off

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot get my DRL to stop activating the turn signal light out warning. It worked perfectly until I had my radio software updated by the dealership (which basically reset all my tazer settings). Iā€™ve got all the other settings to work again except the DRL/turn signals.
Setting:
DRLtype: USA DRL loc: dedica DRL DROP: NO LED FTrn: Yes.

software TZ JL: 11.1.8

I have toggled each setting individually off/on and did a full reboot each time. No matter how many 5 min sleep cycles I give it, it still displays the message on start up. Sometime during my drive it will act normal for 2-3 sweeps when the signal is on, but then it gives me the error again and begins to hyperflash. Does this for both signals individually and sometimes will display that both are out at the same time. I have had my tazer for a year or so and never had any issue until now.

Any suggestions?
Yes, try this. Go into your TazerJL settings with engine off, then two start button presses until the start button light is on Run.

Enter the TazerJL's Lighting settings and find the Front Led Trn option, which should currently be on. Turn that setting off, then on again and while on that screen, put your left blinker on and let it fast blink until it finally blinks at a normal rate. Reboot and power cycle.

Now repeat all of that, except put the right blinker on until the fast blink stops and the right blinker flashes at a normal rate. Reboot and Power Cycle.

If one gets out of line later, just repeat this for that side.

I think I'm describing this correctly, but let me know if it isn't working and I'll check it on mine again.

Hopefully that will take care of it.

Sponsored

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Short answer is no. When enabling turn signal DRLs on a Sport, the turn signal circuit is activated - not the parking light circuit. This is why the DRLs are amber and not white. I went through the same thing when I installed my switchbacks. There's currently no way around this. And, the turn signals will always be yellow when activated. That's the point of the switchbacks.
That sucks because it would have been nice to have the white stay on with the drls during the day as well. Sucks that it only turns on with the headlights.

mallratt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
That sucks because it would have been nice to have the white stay on with the drls during the day as well. Sucks that it only turns on with the headlights.
If using American adventure labs LED DRL kit, Did you try the setting ā€œDRL: dedicatedā€œ

I donā€™t know if Itā€™s different on the sport model but on my rubicon if the settings to ā€œDRL: turnā€œ it would stay on as amber. Dedicated was the only way to get it to stay white and then switch to amber when the signal is activated.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I donā€™t know if Itā€™s different on the sport model but on my rubicon if the settings to ā€œDRL: turnā€œ it would stay on as amber. Dedicated was the only way to get it to stay white and then switch to amber when the signal is activated.
DRL on a Sport/Sport S doesn't work this way for the reason explained above. Enabling DRL on a Sport/Sport S activates the turn signal circuit. Sahara and Rubicon models have separate DRL and turn signals.

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993
just installed the Tazer Mini in our JLURD and have read the last twenty pages, still havenā€™t found an answer to this question;

ā€˜What exactly does a partial reboot do/accomplish and why/when is it necessary to perform?ā€

Also, having read the instructions and watched the Quadratec install video, I donā€™t see where it says to turn the engine on when performing the two sleep cycles after a change to the settings. Does one have to turn the engine on or simply the ignition (two pushes of the start button)?

Thanks in advance,

@joe@zauto

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
just installed the Tazer Mini in our JLURD and have read the last twenty pages, still havenā€™t found an answer to this question;

ā€˜What exactly does a partial reboot do/accomplish and why/when is it necessary to perform?ā€

Also, having read the instructions and watched the Quadratec install video, I donā€™t see where it says to turn the engine on when performing the two sleep cycles after a change to the settings. Does one have to turn the engine on or simply the ignition (two pushes of the start button)?

Thanks in advance,

@joe@zauto
@oalvarez

Always do a FULL REBOOT after doing any Tazer JL settings/setting changes or risk your JL's battery(s) becoming depleted or partially depleted.

Some but not all Tazer JL settings require two sleep/wake cycles. For your sleep/wake cycles you do not need to start the JL's engine ..... Read instructions carefully so you know which features set require sleep/wake cycles.

The quickest way to do the sleep cycles thing, is to turn the ignition to off after doing your settings, etc.... Now, open the driver's door and then close the driver's door. Now, wait about 60 seconds and AFTER the dash goes dark, open the driver's door and then close the driver's door. Now, wait about 60 seconds til the dash goes dark, again ...... DONE, You have completed the two sleep cycles.

You never have the engine running, to answer your ?. Ignition ON but engine NOT running.

-By the way, I myself always would do a Full Reboot after do setting changes.. always..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.