roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just fixed my passenger side. Went with the original @roaniecowpony version. Great write-up, even for an idiot like me.
I'm at about the 3 year mark since fixing both of mine. So far, they are holding up. I use them like a rental car.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
6 month update - my Taccom (2 screw version) are still going strong.
It's pretty substantial. That visor will still be solidly mounted long after the Jeep it's attached to disintegrates. :)

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Agreed. I don't think it was needed but I had it ordered and sitting around since I first got it ... but I did the "soft" thread locker addition to the screws last month. When I unscrewed the screws to add the locker, they were still in quite tight. Now Jeep seriously needs to pay attention to this thread.

willieself

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2006 TJ Sport
Occupation
Oil and Gas-Production Chemical
Guess I get to join the club..moved the passenger side visor and it popped right off. Thank goodness I came across this thread last night. Just ordered the HD version of the TACCOM item. Going to go ahead and install on the driver side as well and be done with it.

Sponsored

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
27 pages on this subject - wow.

Ok; I'm convinced. Mine haven't broke, but I'm proactively ordering a pair of the TACCOM single-screw hook thingies for my new 23 JLU. Cheap insurance.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

Ok; I'm convinced. Mine haven't broke, but I'm proactively ordering a pair of the TACCOM single-screw hook thingies for my new 23 JLU. Cheap insurance.
As long as you are doing it, you may want to consider the stronger two-screw version.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Wise move...

As long as your visor has not broken the single screw TACCOM is the way to go. Even TACCOM has mentioned that his two screw offering is overkill if your visor has not been broken. Ofcourse, if you want to spend more $ have at it.. 8-)

willieself

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2006 TJ Sport
Occupation
Oil and Gas-Production Chemical
Received and installed the TACCOM 2 screw equipment yesterday. Broken passenger side visor is back in working order and rock steady. I went ahead and installed the driver side hook as well, figured might as well get ahead of what we know will eventually happen.

Strongly recommend the TACCOM product!!!

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I didn't see this mentioned previously in the thread: has anyone with a Sky One-Touch roof done this repair? There's one torx bolt that's impossible to get to (without roof removal) for the wiring harness to be disconnected.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Fix 20230421_093931

Sponsored

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
Wise move...

As long as your visor has not broken the single screw TACCOM is the way to go. Even TACCOM has mentioned that his two screw offering is overkill if your visor has not been broken. Ofcourse, if you want to spend more $ have at it.. 8-)
The single screw TACCOM thingies came in the mail today. Probably took longer to go out to the shop and get the torx bit and screwdriver than to install it. I should be good to go now - preventative maintenance.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the single TACCOM clips on my visors as a preventative measure, and it reminded me of another odd issue I'm experiencing with the visor design.

Although the two screws holding the visor into the rectangular-ish plastic base (photo below) are tight, the whole thing is wobbly and loose. Frankly, I was never that concerned about the visor breaking off, because the base is so much looser and flimsy. Same goes for the clip that holds the other end of the visor in place. I thought about removing both assemblies to figure out what's going on, but then I thought it might just make things worse. Before I decide to do any exploratory surgery, does anyone else have this issue too? Is it easily repairable or is this just another damn "Jeep Thing" we have to live with? Appreciate any recommendations and happy Jeepin' all!

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Fix IMG_5875.JPG

Last edited:

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I didn't see this mentioned previously in the thread: has anyone with a Sky One-Touch roof done this repair? There's one torx bolt that's impossible to get to (without roof removal) for the wiring harness to be disconnected.

In for anybodys thoughts on this

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Been watching these to see if they would have a price drop and they dropped off my radar. Thanks for the reminder. I had to repair my driver's side already but used the metal "push-on" retainer with a groove cut into the rod. If it fails, I now have the "real" fix.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara