Sponsored

Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Sure feels like Oracle bought the idea from the member who was making the connectors. Pretty odd for him to go silent on us and Oracle to show up with one.
If that’s the case, I don’t know why either party wouldn’t have said anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Sure feels like Oracle bought the idea from the member who was making the connectors. Pretty odd for him to go silent on us and Oracle to show up with one.
It's a jumper harness, not exactly a novel idea. This type of harness is already made by other companies, we built this because it was requested for a similar product we make for the Gladiator. It happens to work for the JL as well so we can offer it to you guys also. Not sure why the other person went silent, we have no affiliation with anyone else when it comes to this harness.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
@tatarin I copied you and put the same tint film on, created a design on my plotter and cut them to shape to make the install easier

It every so slightly reduces the light output, but not noticeable in the backup camera and hardly noticeable if you really look when putting the tint on/off the light from the back of the Jeep

If anyone needs a set of pre-cut tint films shoot me a PM if you need a set cut! It definitely makes the lights more stealth and removes any of the yellowish look the LEDs they have to them when off/in the daytime.

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.09.07 PM.png
Looks awesome!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
@mnjeeper Not sure why the quote is messed up, but you asked:

"Not sure I am reading this correctly. I want to have the same end result. But...you used an AUX with the SPDT? Wouldn't that make it "Reverse Lights", "Off", or "when I push the aux button"? "

And my answer is no. In the passenger footwell are 6 wires. 4 are outputs of the switches, then you have a Constant and an Ignition switched wire. The Constant is 10amp. I have my CB, GMRS radio on the constant wire, and added the Oracle lights to the same wire/circuit.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
@mnjeeper Not sure why the quote is messed up, but you asked:

"Not sure I am reading this correctly. I want to have the same end result. But...you used an AUX with the SPDT? Wouldn't that make it "Reverse Lights", "Off", or "when I push the aux button"? "

And my answer is no. In the passenger footwell are 6 wires. 4 are outputs of the switches, then you have a Constant and an Ignition switched wire. The Constant is 10amp. I have my CB, GMRS radio on the constant wire, and added the Oracle lights to the same wire/circuit.

Hope this helps!
I screwed up the quote trying to clarify only the question. I did great :LOL:

So, you tapped the power, not used one of the AUX buttons. That makes much more sense, and it what I plan to do although I didn't realize there was power for me there.

Bass Fisher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Ok so I installed the Oracle backup lights. Work great, but I can’t get the little 7mm screw into the back of the lights, no matter what I try. The only thing I haven’t tried is to remove the bumper! Can’t tell you how many thousand times I fished the little screw and washer out of the back of the bumper with a magnet. I dont trust these will stay in place without the screws. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ok so I installed the Oracle backup lights. Work great, but I can’t get the little 7mm screw into the back of the lights, no matter what I try. The only thing I haven’t tried is to remove the bumper! Can’t tell you how many thousand times I fished the little screw and washer out of the back of the bumper with a magnet. I dont trust these will stay in place without the screws. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.
I didn’t bother with those screws - used double-sided tape instead. Perfect fit, snapped in place, (plastic bumper) and they seem very secure.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
We do not have it live on the site yet, however if you would like to purchase you can call in or I can send you a pay pal invoice for this! Please just direct message me.
What is this additional part for? A basic install? Or is for something more complex?

Sponsored

Bass Fisher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Sent some time last evening and pulled the bumper. Now to decide what to replace that junk splice kit with. solder will be involved. And connectors.

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
It's a jumper harness, not exactly a novel idea. This type of harness is already made by other companies, we built this because it was requested for a similar product we make for the Gladiator. It happens to work for the JL as well so we can offer it to you guys also. Not sure why the other person went silent, we have no affiliation with anyone else when it comes to this harness.
Any updates on when the new harness starts shipping?

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
So if I get the oracle harness can I plug it in and the reverse light come on but I can splice into and and run a wide to my auxiliary switch so I can turn it on whenever I want and if so which wire on the oracle harness

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Any updates on when the new harness starts shipping?
Was supposed to start shipping April 10th. I know some people preordered. Anyone get one yet? I don't see them up on Oracle's website.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk