KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody tried to grind the opening on the metal bumper for the light to fit? I would rather open up the bumper instead of grind down the housing on the light.
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Has anybody tried to grind the opening on the metal bumper for the light to fit? I would rather open up the bumper instead of grind down the housing on the light.
Bad idea - bumper will rust...you can paint after grinding but it will likely scratch when fitting in the light. Light housing is aluminum = no rust.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Did a light tint film on the reverse lights.
@tatarin I copied you and put the same tint film on, created a design on my plotter and cut them to shape to make the install easier

It every so slightly reduces the light output, but not noticeable in the backup camera and hardly noticeable if you really look when putting the tint on/off the light from the back of the Jeep

If anyone needs a set of pre-cut tint films shoot me a PM if you need a set cut! It definitely makes the lights more stealth and removes any of the yellowish look the LEDs they have to them when off/in the daytime.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.09.07 PM

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Bad idea - bumper will rust...you can paint after grinding but it will likely scratch when fitting in the light. Light housing is aluminum = no rust.
Agree with this. The light edge is plastic and aluminum. A belt sander does wonders. Just go slow. 80 grit eats quickly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Agree with this. The light edge is plastic and aluminum. A belt sander does wonders. Just go slow. 80 grit eats quickly.
Something else to point out is that this highlighted clip is not used on the metal bumpers. If you remove it makes the edge easier to sand. Its cast aluminum so if you lock onto it with a pair of vise grips you can remove it right at the base.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.49.16 AM

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I really want to thank everyone in this post and @ORACLElights for keeping everyone posted on this products and workarounds. I have had these sitting in my garage just staring at me to get installed. I honestly am glad I didn't initially install as I was part of the initial group buy and anything electric worries me. I have a steel bumper and wanted to tint them as well, all of the individuals that have come before me are going to make this install a breeze when I eventually get around to it.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
For this Back-up light project on a 2021 JL, I decided against T-tapping into existing wire. Instead, I made a pigtail jumper (extension) to go between the left rear taillight assembly and the Jeep wiring harness. This way, I can remove this, put the original connectors back together, and it's in factory fresh condition.

That connection uses 12-pin MX-150 Molex connector. I am connecting my new LED backup lights to this pigtail using Anderson Powerpole connectors, but it's just as easy to use traditional butt connectors. Both are shown here. Also can use spade or bullet connectors.

When buying the supplies, I bought extra. And I’ve spent a lot of money on release tools and crimping tools for open barrel Molex connectors and release tools and crimpers for Anderson Powerpole connectors. And I’ve ruined a few connectors learning how to crimp them. Haha.

So if I can save others the expense and headaches of trying to do it themselves, and instead provide these to them, I can do that. (Notice the striped wiring I’m using to match the factory wire colors). Price would be $30 plus shipping.

Or I can point you to the components, tools and wire, and you can build it yourself. I have about $250 invested, $100 of that is for the Anderson Powerpole kit that I’ll be using for radio installations.

I would welcome your thoughts and comments.

ETA: I ordered more components because the demand was high, and I may be ordering more if demand continues.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 8.49.16 AM

The open-barrel crimp has to be perfect, or it won’t slide into the Molex connector.
so, having had no response by message, I'll throw it out here: what's the status of my 2 sets? you told me, 2 weeks ago that you had all the parts & that they'd be done that weekend. you even went so far as to get my paypal info and shipping address..that's the last time I"ve heard anything from you (despite several message to check status). You've been online, so it's doubtful that you didn't receive the messages; if you've changed your mind about selling these, a courtesy notice would be nice so that I'm not left waiting for something that isn't going to happen

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
so, having had no response by message, I'll throw it out here: what's the status of my 2 sets? you told me, 2 weeks ago that you had all the parts & that they'd be done that weekend. you even went so far as to get my paypal info and shipping address..that's the last time I"ve heard anything from you (despite several message to check status). You've been online, so it's doubtful that you didn't receive the messages; if you've changed your mind about selling these, a courtesy notice would be nice so that I'm not left waiting for something that isn't going to happen
Same here, had a few back and forth messages of what I wanted and then no reply at all. Not sure what happened. I sent a message asking if he is still doing this, if not no biggie just let me know and nothing at all. Strange.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@ORACLElights , would it be possible to make another version like the one for the Gladiator?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights jtoptions
Actually we have some information we can share with you now.

ORACLE Part #5879-504
MSRP: $29.95
Availability: April 10th 2021

5879-504_A.jpg

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Trash. Horrible customer service.
I am just making sure you do not think my above post is about Oracle because it was not at all. A forum member offered to make pigtails and that what it was in reference to. Actually Oracle replaced my light, no issues with this company at all on my end.

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Actually we have some information we can share with you now.

ORACLE Part #5879-504
MSRP: $29.95
Availability: April 10th 2021

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 5879-504_A
When will you start accepting orders for the JL harness?
Sponsored