Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Okay, I am in the middle of this install on a steel bumper. I chose to take the bumper apart previously since I was considering the rigid lights so I got to play around with the best install. Here is what I believe would be the easiest install...

1. Remove bumper.
2. Remove license plate trim. Just a few plastic tabs.

62CF267F-1BBF-4507-BF63-C4361BEA70FE.jpeg

3. Remove 7mm screw on the inside of the bumper holding in the reflectors.
4. Remove the plastic tab on that same bracket holding in the reflectors.

1EEC4FB5-5B05-45C1-9F23-4EF013A06288.jpeg

5. Steps 3 & 4 will allow you to pop off the bracket enough to remove the reflectors from inside the bumper.
6. Feed wiring through hole and install Oracle lights the same way you removed the reflectors. Note removing the license plate trim gives good access to the driver’s side now.
7. Reinstall bracket, reinstall screw, and reinstall the tab.
8. Reinstall license plate trim.
9. Reinstall bumper.

Steps 2-8 took 30 to 40 minutes.

Now I still have connect everything but I didn’t have to trim or modify the lights (or bumper). Like everyone has noted the driver’s side light wouldn’t fit from the outside of the bumper without modifications.
Nice solution!

-Steven
Sponsored

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Nice solution!

-Steven
Nice work. One question, why remove the license plate trim if you remove the bumper? Once I had mine off I had good access. Not saying not needed just wondering why.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my light. Minor inside crack. Really hard to see. I angle the camera for the best view. Not worried about it. Light works great. I assume it will not crack more but maybe Oracle would known better. I assume no issues grinding the light seeing we have different metals. For anyone wondering the lights do make a huge difference at night.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 7B5580F2-012C-41A8-B415-C8FC4B9C3193

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Nice work. One question, why remove the license plate trim if you remove the bumper? Once I had mine off I had good access. Not saying not needed just wondering why.
If look at that picture it is pretty close to the driver side light. And because it is just a few tabs, it came off in a couple minutes and it provides a little more access to slide the light in.

Rubifan

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I just installed mine on a 2021 Rubicon with steel bumper. I did NOT remove the bumper, I used a long extension with a 1/4” socket running over the top of the bumper assembly with near straight access to both screws, and turned the screws out by hand.
I used a magnetic work light to illuminate the screws from below. I also used a flexible magnetic wand (as recommended in an earlier post) to remove each screw once loosened. It took about five minutes per side, quite easy, the reflectors removed easily, actually the passenger side fell out once the screw was removed, I had to pry the drivers side out with gentle, undamaging force...leading me to believe Oracle’s observation, that the drivers side opening is slightly different/tighter than the passenger side.
Installation was also quite easy, passenger side snapped in after pushing the wiring through the round access hole, drivers side is very tight...I smeared some bearing grease on the side of the light, and the bumper opening. I then pushed it into position as far as I could get it to go, then covered it with two folded shop rags, and gave it a couple direct smacks with a rubber mallet...popped right in with no cracks.
I was able to install the retaining screws in each light housing, in the same fashion as I removed the screws from the reflectors. I did however turn both screws in each light housing before installation, as they are pretty tight, then removed them. This allowed them to turn in easier after the lights were installed.

Tomorrow I’ll finish it by grounding at the rear, and running the power wire in a loom to the underhood auxiliary switches wiring harness using Auxiliary 4, as I’m using Auxiliary 3 for my KC A-pillar auxiliary lights.
They look extremely nice, I’m very pleased, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them powered on!

Last edited:

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@99wishes Any problem with driver side fitament? I wonder if this could have anything to do with model year. It's a stretch, I know.

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
@99wishes Any problem with driver side fitament? I wonder if this could have anything to do with model year. It's a stretch, I know.
It definitely doesn’t fit as nice as the passenger side. Passenger side fits perfectly. It looks like it wants to fit but I am afraid I will break it or the bracket holding it in place. Don’t think anyone will notice but me. If it bothers me later, I will take it all apart and try something else. Once I get it installed I will take some pictures.

It would be better if Oracle would make adjustments to the light. We know FCA isn’t going to modify the bumper.

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Started raining on me, but here are the lights installed. If you look closely, the driver’s side isn’t as flush. Around an 1/8” difference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 483FB5A7-7E7B-475B-959A-818C90E5CD0F

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just installed mine, so no, is the lens cracked?
No, not all. Usually park it in the garage overnight so never noticed it before yesterday. It was only the passenger side one too??? Good news is it still works.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else having condensation on the inside of the lense?
No condensation here and I did crack one of mine, granted it is an interior crack. Mine sleeps under the stars too.

Rubifan

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Finished them last night, took awhile to route the power wire to the auxiliary switches harness under hood, as I’m anal, and was very careful how I routed it using flexi tubing. Looks very nice, too bad it’s not visible...lol.

So, connected solely to Aux4, and they are bright! The backup camera photo is just the lights, a little blotchy as it’s parked in the garage, but illuminated the front of the neighbors house cross the street!
They look really nice, looks OEM to me, very pleased.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights C4965831-D708-4722-A476-20E75D92CBBB
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 6371F1F0-9E98-42B1-A91E-DD60A29080FF
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights FC5CA107-6642-4688-AFA9-BA9586266764
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights DD8A956A-6BAA-4753-BC4B-01C88FB603F3
Sponsored