First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
(satire)

...and here again fellow board members my urban modded no tires Wrangler saves the day.

notires.jpg

No tires, no flats. No flats, no need for spares. No need for spares, no need for tailgate reinforcement.

And when there's traffic I just take this bad boy on nearby uncongested rail road tracks to quickly get where I'm going.;)
I really like that tucked in look. What's the offset and backspacing of those hubs? Also, any rubbing at full flex?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There was a recent thread about the long term affects of roof racks that are mounted to the body on the front and the frame mounted bumper on the rear. Both move independently of each other resulting in unwanted flex across the rack structure. But at least it has the length of the truck to absorb and spread out that added stress.

My point is, could there be more stress put on the tailgate because the body mounted tire is contacting the unstationary bumper? Coz unlike the rack that spans the length of the vehicle, the same bumper movement would have a way more focused affect on the tailgate.

tiltz

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI
Spend the same money on something that moves the weight of the tire off of the tailgate. The evo, rugged ridge, teraflex all replace the stock hinges and are better choices.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Resting the spare on the BUMPER takes all the major WEIGHT OFF THE TAILGATE and is usually very (outta sight/cheap)-

SUNP0238_zpsccrjbuit.jpg

SUNP0237_zps4krkvqzy.jpg

JIMBO
My not so bulky, compact, nearly invisible solution. Works perfect. Oh, and it was free!
20181220_092547.jpg

Sponsored

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket.

I know it's overpriced for what it is, but I like the OEM look. I haven't read anything negative about it regarding its quality, only the price until a vendor recently told me his rattles and pops.

What do owners think?

I sent mine back and went with EVO.
I also did a write up about it.
There are better choices I think.

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Granite Crystal Metalic, 2013 Harley Davidson FXDF
When I picked up my JLUSport from Criswell last week, they had a modded 2 door Sport with 35's and the Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket. First thing I did was open and close the tailgate on it; while closing, the tailgate hit and rubbed the bottom of the rear door frame. Far as I can tell it does nothing for reinforcing the hinge, where I would expect you would want the reinforcement. YMMV.

caitlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had mine dealer installed before purchase but now wondering if in fact it is a Mopar or not....

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I hate mine! With my 37" tire on the back Im pushing 115lbs. Everytime I hit a bump I here it rattle. Ive tried many different things to get it to stop but Ive come to the conclusion that its just too much torque on that door.

Eventually Im going to figure out bumper mounted tire carrier. I love my Rubicon Steel bumper and do not want a mismatched OEM front and aftermarket rear. Hopefully Mopar will reproduce a similar bumper to the Hardrock JK that had an integrated tire carrier.
What did you do about the rubber stops on the tailgate? With those wheels, they do not contact the tire. Mine squeaks a bit over speed bumps as well because of this.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket.

I know it's overpriced for what it is, but I like the OEM look. I haven't read anything negative about it regarding its quality, only the price until a vendor recently told me his rattles and pops.

What do owners think?
Best one out there . it was made for the jeep by Mopar this time/ last year on the JKs Tera flex made them but not now

Sponsored

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ-5/2015 JKURHR
I've not seen anything that beat the AEV carrier and that's why I bought one for my JKUR. Granted I drive a little more pre-runner sometimes than rock crawling. But..if you actually go off-roading much at all in any capacity I can't imagine putting the weight stock or otherwise on the tailgate and not the frame. It ain't gonna last long without issues. Just depends on how you use it.
Cheers

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Best one out there . it was made for the jeep by Mopar this time/ last year on the JKs Tera flex made them but not now
Lol. Surely you're kidding. There are much better products available in the aftermarket.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
Even at 75lbs you're looking at too much weight over time. Don't forget, that engineering only has to last as long as the warranty.
that is why I got the lifetime warranty ;)

Tailgate and reinforcement kit is covered...

so far so good on my setup with 37's... mine prob way about 100 lbs (Maxxis trepadors M8090 and beadlocks)

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
There's no way I'm hanging a 37" tire on the tailgate. I don't care what anyone says, cantilevering that much weight on the tailgate will eventually cause major issues. Bumper or frame-mounted is the only way to go. It's really pretty simple physics.
False information. Opinion stated as fact.
Sponsored