Vehicle(s)
Tacoma pro
Just looking for opinions
Jeep should be In this week
37’s inbound
Lift next week
Need to solve the spare issue
Normally I do aftermarket rear bumper
But I’m tempted to just do the mopar reinforcement since I ordered the steel bumpers

Anyone know of any aftermarket tire carriers that jive with the camera?
Or have a good experience with the mopar kit

Thanks
Sponsored

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The aftermarket is just starting to catch up here, but nothing is available yet. So far those who have previewed them have included camera solutions, and I would expect that trend to continue. Personally, I'm waiting to see what Teraflex comes up with. I had their HD Alpha reinforcement and carrier on my JKU and loved it.

The MOPAR offering is rated for up to 37s, but so far I've been underwhelmed with everything MOPAR is offering for accessories. Plus the aftermarket will give more bang for your buck.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
It is crazy how Mopar does not complete better. They primarily use parts made from production tooling. The small companies that cater to this field use laser cut sheetmetal and hand welding processes. Mopar’s steel front bumper cost $200 max, even with tooling rolled in for a quick pay back.

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
Just looking for opinions
Jeep should be In this week
37’s inbound
Lift next week
Need to solve the spare issue
Normally I do aftermarket rear bumper
But I’m tempted to just do the mopar reinforcement since I ordered the steel bumpers

Anyone know of any aftermarket tire carriers that jive with the camera?
Or have a good experience with the mopar kit

Thanks
Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you so that's what I'm going to go with for the time being for my spare solution.

I've heard no complaints about the mopar offering. I'd be happy to follow up this weekend after I get everything installed.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you so that's what I'm going to go with for the time being for my spare solution.

I've heard no complaints about the mopar offering. I'd be happy to follow up this weekend after I get everything installed.
Yes that Mopar one is really good from the ones i have seen on.the jeeps. it 2 things you have to get. one is that hinge bracket that just goes over the hinges there already. but now after seeing the JCR one coming out soon that is going to be the better way to go
Sponsored

Last edited: