Sponsored

Keyless Enter-N-Go - Passive Entry

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Yes, please share! I'll be happy to test a fuse pull to "reset the system" but I find it hard to believe thats the solution.
Sorry for late response, it is fuse F10
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
My system works great

jdthird

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I have the same issues. Opening usually isn't my problem, but locking. If I open and close the rear drivers side door before I lock that seems to help. Otherwise it can be 10 to 15 seconds before the lock button responds. I had similar issues with my '14 KL and my '15 KL... Seems to be a few annoyances from the KL's that have come forward to my new JL...

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
came out of 16 srt to my wrangler....the keyless entry does not work that well....delayed, or have to regrab to engage or make sure key is in better proximity, hard to say which helps out more so....but it does have an issue....
I came from a 2014 SRT also. The passive entry was mediocre on my SRT...seemed to be worse when it was really cold out. Haven't had any issues with the Rubicon yet.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I have had no issues. I place my hand in the door, wait till I hear the click and enter. When closing, I make sure all the doors are closed, then push the button, hear the beep and off I go. It works as well as our subaru system.

Sponsored

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Let's remember, if you've not read the whole thread, that this was originally caused by the use of Uconnect to unlock your Jeep. The system worked just perfectly as long as you didn't use the app. It may have changed since then, or new symptoms have started, but that was the early diagnosis. Mine works perfectly, otherwise.

Solution found starting here.

Killians42

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Let's remember, if you've not read the whole thread, that this was originally caused by the use of Uconnect to unlock your Jeep. The system worked just perfectly as long as you didn't use the app. It may have changed since then, or new symptoms have started, but that was the early diagnosis. Mine works perfectly, otherwise.

Solution found starting here.
I still experience Passive Entry lag after using remote start on the fob. Passive entry goes back to normal after about 24-36 hours.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Mine works fine every time. Dont know how screw this up...

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Ugh, mine worked flawlessly for 8k miles. Now I have to sit there and mess with it to work. Like others, I used the app to start my Jeep about a week ago and that's when the issues started, never thought about that until reading all this.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still experience Passive Entry lag after using remote start on the fob. Passive entry goes back to normal after about 24-36 hours.
Thanks for posting your experience. I was wondering if it still exists. I can't check myself as I've already traded my December 17 build date Rubi for a September 18 build date one with the new sky one touch...and I've not tried the new one yet to see if the problem still exists.

I'm actually a bit apprehensive to try...it might never go back to normal...who knows.

Sponsored

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you used the Uconnect app to start the vehicle yet...and still no problems?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Ugh, mine worked flawlessly for 8k miles. Now I have to sit there and mess with it to work. Like others, I used the app to start my Jeep about a week ago and that's when the issues started, never thought about that until reading all this.
Without going through all 19 pages of this, does anyone know if @JeepCares has addressed this issue at all? Has anyone from jeep linked the app with the poor passive entry?

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Without going through all 19 pages of this, does anyone know if @JeepCares has addressed this issue at all? Has anyone from jeep linked the app with the poor passive entry?
To my knowledge, no to both questions. Seems like I remember they may have asked us to contact our local dealer for diagnosis...but I can't recall if that advice was for this issue or some other.

That option would be moot for me, anyway. I seem to know bucket loads more than my dealer!

We crowd source the issue and work through them, collectively, way faster than a dealer can hunt and peck for answers...especially when it comes to electronic issues.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
To my knowledge, no to both questions. Seems like I remember they may have asked us to contact our local dealer for diagnosis...but I can't recall if that advice was for this issue or some other.

That option would be moot for me, anyway. I seem to know bucket loads more than my dealer!

We crowd source the issue and work through them, collectively, way faster than a dealer can hunt and peck for answers...especially when it comes to electronic issues.
Exactly, that's why I was wondering if this was recognized by someone higher than the dealer. I don't feel like leaving my jeep at the dealer for a week only for them to say they can't find anything.

For now, I'm hoping that not using the app will restore it back to how it was sooner than later.