Keyless Enter 'n go - 2018 JL Sport

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Yes, I suppose it’s possible to have a fob with zero buttons on it that will trigger a proximity entry system.
But every proximity system must have power locks. There’s no way around that. Jeeps are amazing, but not magic.
If it’s doesn’t come with power locks, there’s no way for proximity entry to work.
A proof reading error was made, and people purchased and signed off on a vehicle they didn’t familiarize themselves with. Errors on both sides.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it’s just me, but there’s no way I would expect a lock, which has no source of power going to it, to open without manual manipulation, no matter what I read.
@BillG This is a good point!

@Everyone included in this thread: I also wanted to include a different perspective. My circumstance is different as I have not had the opportunity to go to the dealership, test drive, and inspect anything before I had my Jeep ordered. I was in a head on collision and my vehicle was totaled and this happened quickly. I did not have the time to search for months, making preparations and plans to customize my Jeep. One day I had a car and the next I did not. Two days later, I put in an order for a Jeep via text, at home while trying to recover.

Now having said this, if you were in my situation and you depend on things to be listed correctly, in writing, because you actually can't go and inspect anything (physically unable to), then yes there is going to be some disappointment when you see something listed on your sticker that constitutes one thing but means another. I can definitely relate to the OP's concerns. There is a reason why things are written. And it causes many problems when things written aren't correct or aren't fully explained.

Now in my case, idc about this keyless entry. I prefer to use a key to enter my vehicle and start my vehicle. I'm oldschool like that. My issue at this point is, I can't determine what I have by reading my sticker as there is some confusion on it with regards to items listed. This causes even more issues as now I can't even determine which alarm to have installed on this vehicle when it arrives, as I'm not sure if I have power locks or not, based on this "Keyless - GO" listed on my sticker.

Now, I'm not gonna lose sleep over this, as it is a trivial matter in my opinion, because of what I've been through this past couple of months. But it is definitely an inconvenience and a hassle that shouldn't exist because things aren't properly listed/explained. Again, we can't assume that people have test driven, inspected, and read the vehicle manual thoroughly with the intent of asking the dealer questions prior to purchasing the vehicle. And I'm not even being sarcastic about reading that manual, because I am one of those types of individuals, that under normal circumstances, would've read the manual prior to making any deal. However, as I stated, my situation unfortunately didn't allow me the time to do this.

My 2cents is: If something is listed on a sticker, it needs to be included, period. And all items need to be clearly explained in the manual, on the website, etc.; else why have it written and why have people refer to the item that is written? Having things in writing is a form of confirmation. There's no way there should be this much confusion regarding this Keyless-GO fob on a vehicle that states it has manual door locks, yet "keyless" indicates "powered".

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
There is Keyless Entry and Keyless Go. The sticker said Keyless Entry n' Go. That means you have Keyless Entry and Keyless Go. They only got Keyless Go, Jeep started to remove the Keyless Entry from the Window sticker because its wrong. End of the day Jeep messed up. It dosen't mater if they want to get something for free, when you are in the business like this you need to be extra careful how you advertise your stuff because you are liable to stand behind it. No one can vouch for what this person thought, we are not them so all we can do is assume.
100% in agreement!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TaiMc , I hope you are recovering well from your accident. I agree wording is important, but I believe a mistake was made, and not a deception.... unless it was on the dealers part... who knows what they promised!
Somewhere in this thread I posted rule number one: go over any major purchase to make sure it meets your expectations before signing off. The key is meets your expectations...unless you are paying extra for something you didn’t receive, that’s all that should matter... that your expectations are met. It seems like a lot of people are forgetting this rule, and complaining later.
Hope your new Jeep meets your expectations, and stay safe!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
@TaiMc , I hope you are recovering well from your accident. I agree wording is important, but I believe a mistake was made, and not a deception.... unless it was on the dealers part... who knows what they promised!
Somewhere in this thread I posted rule number one: go over any major purchase to make sure it meets your expectations before signing off. The key is meets your expectations...unless you are paying extra for something you didn’t receive, that’s all that should matter... that your expectations are met. It seems like a lot of people are forgetting this rule, and complaining later.
Hope your new Jeep meets your expectations, and stay safe!
Thank you! Yesss, I'm excited about my Jeep and tbh I don't see how it can't meet my expectations... I just wish things were clearly explained, so I wouldn't be spending half my days trying to figure out if I can use my key or not lol! :cwl:

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Yesss, I'm excited about my Jeep and tbh I don't see how it can't meet my expectations... I just wish things were clearly explained, so I wouldn't be spending half my days trying to figure out if I can use my key or not lol! :cwl:
Simple answer... for your doors you can always use your key. No matter what locks or entry system... the key should always work :)

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Simple answer... for your doors you can always use your key. No matter what locks or entry system... the key should always work :)
YAYYYYY! Thank you for the clarification! So, I can use the key to unlock/lock my doors; but I cant use the key to start the engine because it has a push button start...right?

This is what is confusing me a little bit: "The system uses a key fob, keyless push button ignition and a RF receiver to prevent unauthorized vehicle operation. Therefore, only key fobs that are programmed to the vehicle can be used to start and operate the vehicle. The system cannot reprogram a key fob obtained from another vehicle. After turning the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position,..."

So the use of the word "turning the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position", makes me think I am to insert a key in the ignition switch...but I read that the Sport has a push ignition. Again, it's not the end of the world at this point, but just trying to get an understanding lol.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YAYYYYY! Thank you for the clarification! So, I can use the key to unlock/lock my doors; but I cant use the key to start the engine because it has a push button start...right?

This is what is confusing me a little bit: "The system uses a key fob, keyless push button ignition and a RF receiver to prevent unauthorized vehicle operation. Therefore, only key fobs that are programmed to the vehicle can be used to start and operate the vehicle. The system cannot reprogram a key fob obtained from another vehicle. After turning the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position,..."

So the use of the word "turning the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position", makes me think I am to insert a key in the ignition switch...but I read that the Sport has a push ignition. Again, it's not the end of the world at this point, but just trying to get an understanding lol.
They are all, to my knowledge, push button start... no key slot at all on ignition. You either push it with your finger, or with the fob itself if the fob battery is dead.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
They are all, to my knowledge, push button start... no key slot at all on ignition. You either push it with your finger, or with the fob itself if the fob battery is dead.
YOU ARE AMAZING. ;) Thank you!!! You should write FCA's Jeep manuals! I'm good now lol! :giggle:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
YOU ARE AMAZING. ;) Thank you!!! You should write FCA's Jeep manuals! I'm good now lol! :giggle:
Tai, another thing to consider is what model you ordered as far as the "Entry" part. If you ordered the Sport, you'll have manual door locks. If you ordered a Sport S, Sahara or Rubicon they all come with power door locks and controls on the FOB as standard.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Tai, another thing to consider is what model you ordered as far as the "Entry" part. If you ordered the Sport, you'll have manual door locks. If you ordered a Sport S, Sahara or Rubicon they all come with power door locks and controls on the FOB as standard.
Thanks!

JlinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
If your window sticker list "Keyless Enter 'n Go" you should not have the ability to just walk up to the car, have it automatically unlock and then enter; that would be “Proximity Sensor.” However, you should have the ability to "Enter" without a key because it is "Keyless Enter."

If your window sticker list "Keyless Enter 'n Go" on it and you have to use a key to unlock your Wrangler then Jeep should correct it and stand behind the options they said your vehicle would have. It's that simple.