Sponsored

Proximity Entry (Keyless Entry N Go?) ?? on a sport?

musicman72

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I was under the impression you couldn't get the Proximity Entry (keyless entry N Go?) on a Sport. Look at this window sticker. Am I confusing my options, or is this the option that allows you to walk up and unlock the doors without getting the key out. Is that a special order configuration that isn't in the builder?

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXDG2JW105377
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity Entry (Keyless Entry N Go?) ?? on a sport? {filename}
Key less entry allows you to unlock the doors by pressing the FOB. Proximity key less just by grabbing the door handle. Proximity is not available on the sport.

Sponsored

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Key less entry allows you to unlock the doors by pressing the FOB. Proximity key less just by grabbing the door handle. Proximity is not available on the sport.
It's not the best feature anyway. (see my other thread) It's very slow to react and not instant at all. My Toyota has it and it's super quick, walk right up and grab the handle and it's unlocked. The Jeep seems to be slow to recognize that there is a key present.

Rainuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, previously 2007 Wrangler, 97 TJ
yikes, if it's that slow I may skip the option...seems odd to have to wait that long

Sponsored

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Keyless entry is NOT close proximity entry. As others have mention, itā€™s not worth it for $499. Itā€™s the only option I left off of my ordered.
My wife have that on her Honda Odyssey, itā€™s slow. I have to pull the door handle once for it to unlock and pull it again to open the door. Taking out the key fob and pushing unlock is faster.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
And hereā€™s the video I just posted.

Thatā€™s horrible.

Does it work better if you grab the handle and wait a second before pulling on the handle? Iā€™m guessing touching the handle unlocks the door and pulling releases the door latch.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The keyless enter-n-go is only referring to the push start ignition.

The 24S package (Sport S) gives you keyless remote entry. Unlock/lock remote buttons on key fob. Not passive entry.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Then shouldn't it be called "Keyless Go" since there is no keyless entry without power door locks???

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I had the proximity entry on my ā€˜15 Challenger R/T. Itā€™s not instantaneous, it takes maybe a second. It took a week or two to build the muscle memory to reach under the handle, wait for the click, then open. After I was used to it it was an awesome feature (standard on the R/T).

Not having it on the JL feels like a hassle by comparison. Especially with having to get out the cell phone sized fob to lock or unlock the doors. I was so pampered with just being able to walk up and get in, and then get out, tap the handle to lock, then walk away. Having to use a fob feels like the dark ages! lol

Though.....my JK just had a key. A plain old stick-it-in-the-door key I had to duplicate and buy a quick detach keychain for so I could access the tailgate when the engine was running.
Sponsored