Keyless Enter 'n go - 2018 JL Sport

tdog

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I just picked up a new 2018 Ocean Blue Sport JL on Saturday. The window sticker states that the vehicle is supposed to be equipped with Keyless Enter 'n Go. I place my hand, with the fob in my pocket, on the door handle and the door won't open. Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: JEEP HAS AGREED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT. I WILL POST THE RESOLUTION ONCE THE WORK IS FINISHED.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I just picked up a new 2018 Ocean Blue Sport JL on Saturday. The window sticker states that the vehicle is supposed to be equipped with Keyless Enter 'n Go. I place my hand, with the fob in my pocket, on the door handle and the door won't open. Am I doing something wrong?
Somebody may correct me here, but is sounds like you are talking about proximity entry. Keyless entry might be referring to pushing the button on the fob. On the window sticker, is it listed as a $495 option?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Somebody may correct me here, but is sounds like you are talking about proximity entry. Keyless entry might be referring to pushing the button on the fob.
Correct

Keyless and Go means you don't need to use a physical key to unlock the door or to start the vehicle. Pushing a button on a FOB is not considered using a key.

Remote Proximity option is where you grab the handle and the door unlocks without having to use a key or push a button.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Somebody may correct me here, but is sounds like you are talking about proximity entry. Keyless entry might be referring to pushing the button on the fob. On the window sticker is it listed as a $495 option.
If it doesn't have a button on the door handle you don't have it. It may be just keyless start ( push button ) not entry.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Correct

Keyless and Go means you don't need to use a physical key to unlock the door or to start the vehicle. Pushing a button on a FOB is not considered using a key.

Remote Proximity option is where you grab the handle and the door unlocks without having to use a key or push a button.
You are correct but Jeep chose poor wording for its push button start feature. “Keyless Enter ‘n Go” is even listed as a standard feature on the window sticker for the Sport with manual door locks. So I suppose it’s keyless providing your doors are unlocked!

Jeep...just call it what it is...push button start.

atvcrazed

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport, 2017 Kia Soul EV, 2015 Chrysler 200s AWD
Occupation
Land Surveyor
I’ve got manual locks, this quite confused me as well. It just refers to the push button start, poor wording is all. Although I do find it funny manual locks and windows but I still get push button start :rock:

OP
OP

tdog

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got manual locks, this quite confused me as well. It just refers to the push button start, poor wording is all. Although I do find it funny manual locks and windows but I still get push button start :rock:
I am going after Jeep on this. It states Keyless Enter n’ Go as standard equipment so they are going to make it right and put it in.

OP
OP

tdog

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be sure to let us know how it goes.
Will do. They won’t elevate my case until the dealer verifies that the doors won’t open without a key. Shouldn’t they know this?

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Be sure to let us know how it goes.
Per the other threads on this topic, they can't add it after the fact. Never say never, but that's what they said.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
From what I was told, the proximity entry was not available on Sport models. At least, that's the story I got from my dealer. Was a bit unclear in the marketing materials for sure.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
From what I was told, the proximity entry was not available on Sport models. At least, that's the story I got from my dealer. Was a bit unclear in the marketing materials for sure.
Check out the jeep.com build tool. I just tried it with a Sport S and I didn't see proximity entry as a selection, but you might want to double-check it to make sure. But that would be the way to find out.

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the jeep.com build tool. I just tried it with a Sport S and I didn't see proximity entry as a selection, but you might want to double-check it to make sure. But that would be the way to find out.
Yep, I noticed that was the case as well. But I've also seen reports on this forum of people claiming options on the Jeep website tend to change from time to time...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am going after Jeep on this. It states Keyless Enter n’ Go as standard equipment so they are going to make it right and put it in.
Sponsored