Keyless Enter-N-Go - Passive Entry

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Has anyone figured out the sweet spot for grabbing the door handles and having it unlock? Sometimes mine works first try, others i feel like I have to readjust where I grab the handle in order for it to recognize me. I always carry my keys in my pocket, so they are consistently in the same place.

Anyone else noticing this? Just me?

Looking at the manual, it states that it can't be near a mobile phone, mine is not. I'm not wearing gloves. I'm within 5 feet. I'm grabbing the door handle as shown in the manual without pressing the lock button.
Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
I don't have mine yet, but on my challenger it sometimes takes me two grabs of the handle. It's a bit like the automatic sinks, where you wave your hands at it and it comes on when it pleases.

Reactions: N75

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Place FOB in front pocket when walking up to your Jeep then gently grind your pelvis on the driver door making two counter clockwise circles with both hands gripping the top edge of the roof. Keep pelvis pressed up against door and slowly pull on the door handle whilst making a loud grunt.

Works for me every time and Im used to people staring at me :like:

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I don't have mine yet, but on my challenger it sometimes takes me two grabs of the handle. It's a bit like the automatic sinks, where you wave your hands at it and it comes on when it pleases.
Yeah, I'm kinda of forced to do that now, but my 2016 Toyota Rav 4 works flawlessly!

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Place FOB in front pocket when walking up to your Jeep then gently grind your pelvis on the driver door making two counter clockwise circles with both hands gripping the top edge of the roof. Keep pelvis pressed up against door and slowly pull on the door handle whilst making a loud grunt.

LOL! Good one! LOL!

Sponsored

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
It seems as if it takes a second for the car to recognize the key and activate the system. I can't just walk up and grab the handle and have it unlock, it has a bit of a delay.

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot

Cannot stop laughing, have tears in my eyes.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
my 2016 Toyota Rav 4 works flawlessly!
It seems as if it takes a second for the car to recognize the key and activate the system. I can't just walk up and grab the handle and have it unlock, it has a bit of a delay.
Our Toyota also works flawlessly with zero delay. One of my biggest allures to the Rubicon is/was passive entry, but it's depressing to see that it is another typical FCA creation. Sad!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Our Toyota also works flawlessly with zero delay. One of my biggest allures to the Rubicon is/was passive entry, but it's depressing to see that it is another typical FCA creation. Sad!
Wait passive entry is the one of the biggest reason you are considering a Rubicon?

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
My wife's Honda take a second to recognize the keys - usually on the second pull of the handle. Most rental cars I get are the same way - including the ford I had a few weeks ago.

If this is really as described - it just takes a second or two - I don't think this is just a 'typical FCA creation. Sad!' type of thing, it's pretty normal.

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My wife's Honda take a second to recognize the keys - usually on the second pull of the handle. Most rental cars I get are the same way - including the ford I had a few weeks ago.

If this is really as described - it just takes a second or two - I don't think this is just a 'typical FCA creation. Sad!' type of thing, it's pretty normal.
I'd have to say it is slower than normal. I'll shoot a video and post it.

Last edited:

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps

So if something is normal that means you should just settle for abysmal? Toyota is the first and only passive entry I have ever used. Why have it if it doesn't always work at 100%. Clearly that is fine with you, but if I had to stand there and patiently wait for it to work akin to a motion sensing faucet (as another claimed) that has a decent delay, I would indeed be sad that I know it COULD work right, as compared to Toyota.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
So if something is normal that means you should just settle for abysmal?
No, what I think is that someone needs some perspective. And to learn the definition 'abysmal'. Look up 'catastrophization' while you're at it.

If it doesn't work, that's abysmal. If you simply have to pull the door handle twice, that *might* rise to the level of annoying.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
No, what I think is that someone needs some perspective. And to learn the definition 'abysmal'. Look up 'catastrophization' while you're at it.

If it doesn't work, that's abysmal. If you simply have to pull the door handle twice, that *might* rise to the level of annoying.
Yeah you do need perspective. You are so bothered by one word I typed that it's amusing. Guess what? I can make things fit how I prefer also. Have you heard of a synonym; A word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word? Here's a synonym of abysmal for you, lamentable. Of circumstances or conditions - unsatisfactory. Of an event, action, or attitude - unfortunate; regrettable. I would use all of those to describe exactly what I am hearing of the passive entry. This is purely MY OPINION, which you do not comprehend.. Who do you think you are to tell me what words I should be using? I still stand by my use of abysmal. The price jump from a Sport S to a Rubicon to get passive entry totally justifies this for ME. It does not rise to the level of just "annoying", however I would use that to describe this interaction with you.
Sponsored