Keyless Enter-N-Go - Passive Entry

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Do you have remote start and use it frequently? This has been the common theme I have seen in regards to this issue. If you have it and are using it, stop using it and see if the response is better.
Hang on - why is this the case? I have remote start and use it maybe 80% of the time.
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Hang on - why is this the case? I have remote start and use it maybe 80% of the time.
First thing that ran thru my head also

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
We don't know why. But every time you use remote start it messes up proximity entry for a while.

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
We don't know why. But every time you use remote start it messes up proximity entry for a while.
I didn’t experience any issues until the last week. It was fine for nearly two months but now it is temperamental. I am not seeing any correlation with remote starting though

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I am not saying this is the case. I said this has been the common theme in the threads that have discussed this issue at length. One person noted that when they stopped using remote start the response time was back to what we would expect. Then others with the issue tried and noticed the same thing.

I am not saying this is a fix. I am saying try it, and if the problem goes away I would contact dealer or Uconnect or some support service to have a deeper look. You can read through this thread HERE.

Sponsored

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
FYI,
you can change whether to have all doors open, or just the drivers door using the door settings under setting app.
And this would work on both the Fob and the proximity entry.
but you cannot touch the handle twice to open four doors once the setting is set for drivers door only.

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I am not saying this is the case. I said this has been the common theme in the threads that have discussed this issue at length. One person noted that when they stopped using remote start the response time was back to what we would expect. Then others with the issue tried and noticed the same thing.

I am not saying this is a fix. I am saying try it, and if the problem goes away I would contact dealer or Uconnect or some support service to have a deeper look. You can read through this thread HERE.
It's definitely strange, but I can recreate it. If I use remote start, even once, the unlock is VERY delayed for the next 12-24 hours, then it goes back to normal as long as I don't use remote start. It doesn't matter if its Key Fob remote start or Uconnect App remote start, both create the same result.

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
It's definitely strange, but I can recreate it. If I use remote start, even once, the unlock is VERY delayed for the next 12-24 hours, then it goes back to normal as long as I don't use remote start. It doesn't matter if its Key Fob remote start or Uconnect App remote start, both create the same result.
Did you notice the car being slow to pick turn on the screens? What I am trying to say is what I have noticed on mine is not that it doesn’t necessarily not realize I am not holding the handle but just takes 3-4 seconds for the screens to come on and then open. I dont just keep pulling at the handle I just leave my hand on it and dont move. When it works it appears that the screens are all on immediately but when not it is like it all has to start up etc. I am not sure if this made sense but worst case is I am making more sense than what my Jeep is going with the passive entry...

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Did you notice the car being slow to pick turn on the screens? What I am trying to say is what I have noticed on mine is not that it doesn’t necessarily not realize I am not holding the handle but just takes 3-4 seconds for the screens to come on and then open. I dont just keep pulling at the handle I just leave my hand on it and dont move. When it works it appears that the screens are all on immediately but when not it is like it all has to start up etc. I am not sure if this made sense but worst case is I am making more sense than what my Jeep is going with the passive entry...
Yes, that is exactly what happens, but that delay only exists when you are using remote start. If you stop using remote start, that delay will go away.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I am seeing the delay when I don't use the remote start feature but when I remote start the Jeep the system seems very responsive when I enter the vehicle. Is this different from what others are seeing. If I do not remote start the vehicle the delay is significant, I will do some testing to try and determine the length of the delay. Like others I'm looking for a repeatable pattern, that I can report to my dealer.

I also noticed this morning that once I got to my office and went to lock the vehicle the system was non-responsive and it took 4 or 5 button pushing attempts before the doors finely locked.

I'm convinced this is just a software issue as there are times when the system works great. It's almost as if the system is in it's power saving sleep mode and isn't looking for the key as frequently as it needs to. Almost like it's only checking for a key every 30 seconds and it need to be doing it every 1 or 2 seconds.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I am seeing the delay when I don't use the remote start feature but when I remote start the Jeep the system seems very responsive when I enter the vehicle. Is this different from what others are seeing. If I do not remote start the vehicle the delay is significant, I will do some testing to try and determine the length of the delay. Like others I'm looking for a repeatable pattern, that I can report to my dealer.

I also noticed this morning that once I got to my office and went to lock the vehicle the system was non-responsive and it took 4 or 5 button pushing attempts before the doors finely locked.

I'm convinced this is just a software issue as there are times when the system works great. It's almost as if the system is in it's power saving sleep mode and isn't looking for the key as frequently as it needs to. Almost like it's only checking for a key every 30 seconds and it need to be doing it every 1 or 2 seconds.
Yes, if you remote start, the system is extremely responsive since the vehicle is running and all software is activated. The issue happens when you have been using remote start and then don’t. For the next day or so, it’s very slow to respond. But, if you continue to not use remote start, it’ll be very responsive again.

Yes, sleep mode definitely seems to be what’s happening.

davidh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon: Wrangler Sport S, JL
Picked up my JLUS yesterday and have no issues with the proximity sensor...except when I lock it from the outside it makes a short honk of the horn. Anyone know of a way to turn this off?

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Picked up my JLUS yesterday and have no issues with the proximity sensor...except when I lock it from the outside it makes a short honk of the horn. Anyone know of a way to turn this off?
Read the entire thread to truly understand the issue.

You can turn off the lock honk in the settings.

davidh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon: Wrangler Sport S, JL
"Settings"...duh - found it. Easy Peasy - thanks mergedown.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Had mine for nearly a week now. trying out remote start and passive entry. No issues yet.
Sponsored