Sponsored

Jeep crashed, what should I do?

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Sounds like their insurance is not even at legal minimums.

More than likely your mom's insurance company needs to take it from here. They'll invoke the uninsured/underinsured coverage and go after the other insurance company if needed.
This
Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Shockingly I found out 25K is the legal requirement in FL. Made me realize a lot of drivers don't have enough insurance to cover a full total. Led me to greatly increase uninsured/underinsured coverage. I'd be curious as to what the outcome was from the OP.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Yeah, 25k minimum is pretty stupid requirement given the number of $100k+ cars on the road today. As bad as it is a us Jeep folks, imagine if you were in a Mercedes GelandewagonšŸ˜³

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
MtP/Charleston is a fun place. It's grown a lot so it isn't the same place as when I moved here 20 years back. In some ways good, and in others bad (traffic).

Murrell's Inlet Marshfront is such a cool spot. A buddy of mine's family owns Kings Krest next door to it.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Vacatio..._Minutes_Away_by_Car_or_Boat-Murrells_In.html

I'm building a house in MtP right now. I feel what you are saying...

1659710843601.png
Thats probably $100,000 worth of wood just in framing the house...

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
OK, I gotta ask...what amount of coverage is NOT considered "shit insurance?" What's the justification for that amount?
I've seen 25/50/25 and I've seen 50/100/50 levels and up from there, it goes. I've only had 25/50/25 when I was a poor college student with a shit bucket car and no assets. I would not recommend anything below 50/100/50 full coverage or at least liability insurance for an older car.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

No my mom has geico. Just didnā€™t want to use ours because rates would go up, but itā€™s necessary if the other party at fault only covers 10k. We might have GAP insurance on the Jeep so will double check on that. Is there a chance that it can be marked off as totaled if itā€™s our insurance doing the fixing? Just donā€™t want them to start fixing them little by little how they did my first jeep and the total cost just kept rising. I think thatā€™s why they didnā€™t total it in the first place. I could be wrong. All I know is that the preliminary cost to fix was 4K and it turned to 16k on a 2016 and it wasnā€™t totaled.
let me start off with im glad your mom is ok. Let your insurance handle this. YOU pay them a premium to let them handle this. if there is a faulted party your insurance should not go up. YOUR insurance is there to cover them selves and YOU. Let them handle the court system and let them use their lawyer to get paid. Take your jeep to a local JEEP dealership or Trusted body shop for full inspection including frame rails. Let your insurance figure out if it is totaled and let them pay you out. They will get there money from the other guy. Best of luck! post up some pictures of the new ride when it all works out
Sponsored