Sponsored

What should I do to my JL that I didn’t know I should do?

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Meh, 10 minutes with a chunk of scrap metal plate and a dremel - and done.
Any chance you'd show yours? I find it hard to believe ten minutes with scrap can come close to this. Maybe you have a different style and I might do it myself. Squared off is all I can see to save time and I am curious how it looks.

CodeRed

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 chevy pick up 4x4, '09 997.1 turbo MT coupe
There's a specific JL forum too. Tons of stuff.

To start tho I'd get the dual-top....that'll allow you to do road-trips when you don't know if it'll rain while having the top-down. The bag for the windows is pretty good.

Fox Steering stabilizer 2.0. Get it on Amazon for like $169 right now. Put it on in about 10 minutes, nothing special...level-1 install. Massive difference in wandering and steering-track.

Seatbelt keepers for the backseat for when you ride with the doors off and/or just top down. Huge difference.

Some velcro straps for the soft-top so it's not so bulky when all the way down.

Interior organizer bags. I got the Overland saddle bags....they are pretty awesome. They hold a tons of stuff.

Get some soft-top window cleaner. And some soft-top treatment to make it last longer/protect it. All this you can find on the forum here.

Good luck! Bet you are pretty excited.
Any link?

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Any link?
Not making a case for buying on Amazon, it's just where I'm looking this up at the moment....

Fox Stabilizer: https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Shox-Sta.../B07GNMCP95/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Overland Saddle Bags: https://www.quadratec.com/p/overlan...Oo6bextHVvqsSPgHbBly6iNLNYjuJ3BRoCY6gQAvD_BwE

Soft-Top protector: https://www.amazon.com/303-Fabric-U...locphy=9008145&hvtargid=pla-468461445318&th=1

Soft-Top window cleaner: https://www.amazon.com/Novus-7100-P...ocphy=9008145&hvtargid=pla-375316222542&psc=1

The Velcro and Seatbelt Keeper you can find almost anywhere....Just get the Velcro long enough to go around a collapsed soft-top. I use 5-6 of them, works very well.

Cheers--

OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
This thread begs the question.... What have you done so far???

It also leads to another question.... What is your intended use of the vehicle???
Well, I bought it and drove it home. Intention of this question is fixing/altering things that Jeep got wrong. Like the way my KJ rear door surrounds didn’t separate. That was a quick fix I wish I had know of right off the bat. My intended use is to drive it daily and as fast as safely possible over bumpy trails. I’m already thrilled with how easily I can go from top fully on to fully down. It is a massive improvement over my JK. Heck, I can flip the top down from the driver’s seat; super impressive.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I just got a 2Dr JL yesterday. I also have a 2008 4Dr JK that I modified in dozens of little ways to make everyday life better. Beyond the obvious lift tires, etc, what are the little things done to your JL to make life better?
My contribution, like anyone's, is limited by not knowing what you already know beyond that suggested here.

Accordingly, at the top of my list might be things anyone should do, but you'd be surprised how few people know about them.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-1826235

deference to @Heimkehr

OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I’m taking about. Thanks
Hey, how do I search for these other threads? I find typing into the search bar is a crap shoot of match or no match to my intention. Is there a directory of threads sorted by subject? I feel like I’m missing something rudimentary about poking around this forum.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
For anyone who is going to drive on dirt or gravel roads I suggest front mud flaps to keep the rocks off of the door hinges and rear fender. Well if you have JL you don't have to worry about rear door hinges but you'll still get a lot of rocks on the back fender.