Sponsored

What should I do to my JL that I didn’t know I should do?

OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
OP
OP
Par-T-Rex

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
For anyone who is going to drive on dirt or gravel roads I suggest front mud flaps to keep the rocks off of the door hinges and rear fender. Well if you have JL you don't have to worry about rear door hinges but you'll still get a lot of rocks on the back fender.
I had never thought of mud flaps on a Wrangler. Sheesh, and I’ve gone through tons of mud. You’d think I’d have caught on after spend a week scrubbing mud out of my old one after each muddy adventure….

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Euro ends gone, but I only cut out the part I didn’t like.
I agree with the white wheels idea. Might get powder coated… but that’s for a later time.
This how mine turned out. It’s the first thing I modified.
Jeep Wrangler JL What should I do to my JL that I didn’t know I should do? 4C8AF29B-84A8-4DDA-BC8E-2B74BA72068D

Jeep Wrangler JL What should I do to my JL that I didn’t know I should do? 532FF2FD-B877-4A2B-BD0B-5102C291F246

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
I was quite impressed with the on road manners of the JL compared to my wandering JK so I was surprised you recommend the Fox steering stabilizer right away. Do you consider it future-proofing the Jeep so it never becomes wobbly like my older one? Or was your JL a wanderer from the get go? I am genuinely curious.
I’ve done a lot of the other suggestions this first week of ownership!
Well, to be fair….the on-road manners of my 2-door JLR were decent at the start. But as soon as I put 35’s on it that changed. It became more squirrely. When I added the MOPAR lift, even more. Putting on the Fox stabilizer returned me somewhere between factory feel and when I got 35’s.
I wager that putting on the Fox Stabilizer with only a factory setup would also make a difference as well. But I don’t personally know that.

I’m a betting man that you go bigger or lift it in the future though:)

Eischman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Well, to be fair….the on-road manners of my 2-door JLR were decent at the start. But as soon as I put 35’s on it that changed. It became more squirrely. When I added the MOPAR lift, even more. Putting on the Fox stabilizer returned me somewhere between factory feel and when I got 35’s.
I wager that putting on the Fox Stabilizer with only a factory setup would also make a difference as well. But I don’t personally know that.

I’m a betting man that you go bigger or lift it in the future though:)
You could check your castor angle to see if it is abnormally low. The Mopar lift should have helped with that. If castor is too low you could add adjustable LCA.
Sponsored