Almost crashed my jeep..

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
Ohhhh man! Cruising down the highway cranking out some tunes in medium traffic. A song comes on I don't know who sings. So I get this smart idea to try and flip through the options on the steering while and put the radio output in the center part of the driver readout. So I can see who is singing. Pretty cool right? WRONG!!!! WRONG WRONG WRONG. I look up after not more than like 3 seconds and traffic was dead stop in front of me. Locked up the brakes and the tires screeched. Guess JL does not have ABS. I missed giving the guy in front of me a surprise up his tailpipe by not much. I almost got something inserted into my backside also. Guy behind me luckily for me was able to move into the next lane and got next to me and waved a one finger salute...

Be careful. Lesson learned. Hopefully someone else will learn from this post.
Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Cool story bro! Tires will screech no matter what if you hit the brakes that hard. Not sure what you were expecting OP? A gentle breeze across your brow and the flowing love song of swans while stomping on the brake pedal?!? Luckily getting the finger was the only outcome.

Then again maybe thats how it is on Mars? :giggle:

Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yeah, for those that don't have a big screen worth of infotainment please be careful. When my wife got that and I first tried driving that, it was easy to get distracted and realize I was staring at the screen to find something.

Just play with it in the garage.

:giggle:

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Well, you have now bedded in the brakes.

If you get bigger tires and lift you can just roll over the guy in front of you next time.

On a serious note, the new infotainment system can be quite distracting even though it’s designed not too. I found myself playing around with it today on my way home from the dealership.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
every single car in the world made after 1999 has abs brakes lol
Not true, I have a 2006 Impala that does not have abs. In fact, I thought the same thing when we bought it and never verified. First snow, and it was clear. We bought it as a spare, so not a big deal, but there are lots of cars out there without ABS. I double,check for sure now. (My sons 2004 Aveo also does not have it in fact)

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
ABS became standard on Wranglers with the JK in 2007. Optional for TJs. Mine doesn't have it.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
2008 Toyota Yaris did not come with abs. I believe 2009 did.
Sponsored