Sponsored

How much????? Insanity

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
thats why I lease. Pretty cheap monthly outlay, and after 3yrs/30k miles I can hand it back to Jeep. Never out of warranty. I work from home so I donā€™t drive that much anyways. Canā€™t go crazy with the mods but thatā€™s not really my style. And you get the new Jeep smell every 3 years.
Thank you. I've never considered the benefit of a lease.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Forbes was guessing $4000. I spent an evening doing a lot of number crunching against other vehicles that had both gas and PHEV versions. Considering the price of the battery and equipment, I came up with $4500. So I came pretty close to Forbes. I sort of expect $5500. But with the $7500 federal tax credit, it still comes out pretty descent.
I wonder if it will become a $20,000 tax credit under the new Harris administration?

:LOL::CWL::LOL::CWL::LOL:

I kill me. :CWL::LOL: Iā€˜ll be here all week!

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 sting gray
Just got call from my salesman at dealership with vin..... He said his inventory manager said that the msrp is showing up on a report to show what vehicles are coming in. He said the msrp on the 4xe we ordered on this list is a little over $83k!!!!!
He said it must be a glitch as they won't sell any at this price! Definitely not to mešŸ˜‚

Sponsored

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
I was intent on buying a JLUR4XE because it'll save a good $300/mo on gas but because of all the delays and such I went with a JLUR3.6MT and trade it 1-1.5 yrs later.

For better or worse there will be those "unicorn" customers will not flinch to purchase vehicles at full MSRP, or even MSRP plus insane margin... So it makes sense to mark up the vehicles. But like all new car intros... my guess is, once supply issues are resolved, the price will come back down to earth... just like when the JT's first came out.. they were all FULLY LOADED Rubi's.

In the meantime, its definitely popcorn season, knowing that these crazy window stickers will be posted soon ;)

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I was intent on buying a JLUR4XE because it'll save a good $300/mo on gas but because of all the delays and such I went with a JLUR3.6MT and trade it 1-1.5 yrs later.

For better or worse there will be those "unicorn" customers will not flinch to purchase vehicles at full MSRP, or even MSRP plus insane margin... So it makes sense to mark up the vehicles. But like all new car intros... my guess is, once supply issues are resolved, the price will come back down to earth... just like when the JT's first came out.. they were all FULLY LOADED Rubi's.

In the meantime, its definitely popcorn season, knowing that these crazy window stickers will be posted soon ;)
Yup. And if this goes the way of Gladiator, the time window between limited availability with HUGE ADMs and hybrid and hemi Wranglers, thick as fleas, on every lot will be less than six months.

Last edited:

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I canā€™t vouch for this, but someone posted on a JL Wrangler FB group that they had 2 on order, Rubicon 4xeā€™s, lots of options but not loaded (no skyroof I think) and they were $82-84k. That...canā€™t be right? Can it?
E507C11C-0F2D-4297-A66D-AD6EC35BE3FA.jpeg
read the bottom of it, it says they have 2 4xe rubi's on order

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I canā€™t vouch for this, but someone posted on a JL Wrangler FB group that they had 2 on order, Rubicon 4xeā€™s, lots of options but not loaded (no skyroof I think) and they were $82-84k. That...canā€™t be right? Can it?
E507C11C-0F2D-4297-A66D-AD6EC35BE3FA.jpeg
Sucker born every day ..he's in for two? reborn sucker

Sponsored

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Why is the thought of these Wrangler variants having a large sales price a shock or surprise? The tech, from concept to reality, is a very long and expensive endeavor. Money has to come from somewhere.
At $80k, Iā€™d rather get a fully electric Audi etron sportback.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
I don't believe those are final numbers, but sheesh, I'm over here debating if I'll buy if the config for my Rubicon is over 55k. :LOL:

Jeep really should get ahead of this, this is bad PR. :facepalm:
Sponsored