Sponsored

Exact Center

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If I attempt to do the LCAs myself, how do you get the front axle to move forward since the new ones are 1/4" longer? From a video I watched, it doesnt look overly difficult considering you dont have to even jack it up. Looks like basically four bolts. Thanks for the advise.
Some use ratchet straps or you can try jacking up the frame to see if that lines up the holes. Just remember when torquing you have to have to sitting on flat ground. Also, using a floor jack helps to get to 190#s.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Some use ratchet straps or you can try jacking up the frame to see if that lines up the holes. Just remember when torquing you have to have to sitting on flat ground. Also, using a floor jack helps to get to 190#s.
In what manner do you mean use the straps? I do have some cargo straps from when I had the truck. I also could jack it up as I have a floor jack. I just need to see if it will reach the bottom of the Jeep.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
In what manner do you mean use the straps? I do have some cargo straps from when I had the truck. I also could jack it up as I have a floor jack. I just need to see if it will reach the bottom of the Jeep.
You attach them in a way that they pull the axle in the direction that you need your holes to line up. Use jack to lift the frame first to see how off you are. It might do it. If not, attach strap and ratchet into position. Put bolt in and remove strap and lower vehicle. Tighten when on ground.

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill try that. Id save a few dollars on mine if I can get it and about 170 on the wife's vs taking it to someone to do. Not to mention, Ill know it was done right lol.

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Ill try that. Id save a few dollars on mine if I can get it and about 170 on the wife's vs taking it to someone to do. Not to mention, Ill know it was done right lol.
They are only 1/4" longer, I was actually able to get the bolt started in mine without doing anything. After the first side was done, the 2nd side was no problem either. I installed mine just crawling under it on my driveway in 15 mins. I didn't jack it up or anything special.

I will mention though, since the Mopar LCAs are only 1/4" longer, they definitely help, but they are still not really quite enough. I would bet your XR came stock with 2-3° of castor, and the Mopar arms might get you to 4-5° max, where ideally you will wan to be at 6-7° for it to really track straight and snap back to center after turning. Hopefully they will get you close enough to satisfy what you want, but you still may want to consider some adjustable ones long term. I bought some used Mopar arms for $40 to get by until I do a full RK lift in the spring.

Just my opinion, but if you have all of your suspension dialed in without any play and proper alignment, you wouldn't even need a steering stabilizer at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the ground is flat, she will track straight as an arrow. Her steering is just way too touchy and will follow the road like nobody's business. If you go to close to the edge of the road to catch the corner, it will pull bad. Of course in that situation the overly touchy steering compounds the issue when you hurry to correct lol.

Even if it isnt perfect, I am hoping for much better. I thought about adjustable but they were a lot more expensive and there was other things I wanted to get also. I got the set on order for about $80.

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
If the ground is flat, she will track straight as an arrow. Her steering is just way too touchy and will follow the road like nobody's business. If you go to close to the edge of the road to catch the corner, it will pull bad. Of course in that situation the overly touchy steering compounds the issue when you hurry to correct lol.

Even if it isnt perfect, I am hoping for much better. I thought about adjustable but they were a lot more expensive and there was other things I wanted to get also. I got the set on order for about $80.
They will be better no doubt, I just wanted to point out that they still may not quite get you where you ideally want to be, so adjustable may still be in your future. I wouldn't go straight for a stabilizer as next step if it still isn't good enough with the mopar arms.

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it wasnt enough, would you just wait and do the adjustable?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about adjustable but they were a lot more expensive and there was other things I wanted to get also. I got the set on order for about $80.
If you’re air pressure is at 37 psi, that’s still to high, put them at 32 warmed up which means around 30 cold….. the lcas you got coming are effective up to 2” of lift over stock, after that they’re useless, you will notice a significant improvement at XR height……..

OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’re air pressure is at 37 psi, that’s still to high, put them at 32 warmed up which means around 30 cold….. the lcas you got coming are effective up to 2” of lift over stock, after that they’re useless, you will notice a significant improvement at XR height……..
Pressure is about 35 when cold ATM. Ill see about dropping them lower. Its just weird going that low...even on 33s in the truck I ran about 37.

On a different note, how you guys doing Roky?

Sponsored

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
What is the part number for Mopar LCA for stock JLUR XR, please?

I don't mind spending the extra money for adjustable LCA, if they would provide any improvement over Mopar. For me, steering is very important.

I think this the first mod I will do when I get my first Jeep.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pressure is about 35 when cold ATM. Ill see about dropping them lower. Its just weird going that low...even on 33s in the truck I ran about 37.

On a different note, how you guys doing Roky?
Yeah the air pressure is key to get right, before you move on to other fixes, because if it’s to high it’s still gonna be squirrelly…… you won’t hurt anything by running them at 32 or even 30….. I run my 37s at 30 warm……also, never compare what you did with other vehicles, this Jeep JL is a one of a kind, it’s not apples to apples…. With IFS vehicles the tire pressure isn’t as involved with the steering as it is with SFA.

We’re gonna be ok, only cat 1 winds to deal with, thanks for asking…….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Byrds8

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the air pressure is key to get right, before you move on to other fixes, because if it’s to high it’s still gonna be squirrelly…… you won’t hurt anything by running them at 32 or even 30….. I run my 37s at 30 warm……also, never compare what you did with other vehicles, this Jeep JL is a one of a kind, it’s not apples to apples…. With IFS vehicles the tire pressure isn’t as involved with the steering as it is with SFA.

We’re gonna be ok, only cat 1 winds to deal with, thanks for asking…….
Gotcha. Didnt know if it would cause excessive tire wear etc running them that low.

Glad you guys are going to be ok. Least you arent in the area that is about to get hammered. This is gonna give FPL another reason to raise our rates :/

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. Didnt know if it would cause excessive tire wear etc running them that low.

Glad you guys are going to be ok. Least you arent in the area that is about to get hammered. This is gonna give FPL another reason to raise our rates :/
Thanks….. yeah, unfortunately… 🤬

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’d echo everything roky says. Lower pressure a bit and add the LCA’s.
I just did this for my buddy’s eco diesel that has a 2” spacer lift and 37’s.

on the ground, I zapped out one side, added the new CA, which fit in without doing anything. The bolts lined up perfectly. Repeat on the other side.
torque to spec and try it out.
This method also worked for mine when it was stock.
GL!

Gl to you guys over in Florida!!!
I intend to transplant there from CA in a couple years.
Sponsored