johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
So I want to start with in the 35+ years I have been playing with modified cars,trucks,and Jeeps,I have probably made 3-4 reviews on things. A little bit of background on myself, I have been doing high end collision and restoration work for 30+ years. I have been building high end drag cars on the side for 15-20 years.

I have built a few 4000+ HP outlaw drag cars, countless street cars, and quite a few Jeeps over the years. My current JLUR has had a shimmy in the steering since I did the lift well over a year ago and 15,000 miles ago. I have had several posts on here over the last year on things I have done to try to fix it. I have probably spent 10k chasing it.

I have replaced the following trying to correct it.
Springs x2
Shocks x3
Ball joints x3
Steering knuckles
Hub bearings
Wheels and tires x3
Steering tie rods x2
Track bars x2
Steering gear box x3
Track bar braces x2
Steering stabilizer x3

Not to mention changing alignment specs a million times

I did the new stabilizer last night and took it for a quick ride, I was somewhat happy with it. Today I made a few more adjustments on it and I actually ended up driving it about 130 miles today. After getting it out on the highway and the typical roads that I know would duplicate the shimmy I had I can say this is the best it has driven since I have lifted it.

There was probably a 25-30 mph crosswind on one of the 4 lane open roads out here. Itā€™s pretty much all open corn fields so it really has nothing to block the road from the wind. At 70 I could take my hands off the wheel and the Jeep would stay in its lane for as long as I wanted. I shot a video but I need to figure out how to post it. šŸ˜Ž

The more I drive it the more impressed I am with it. I really like the size, I didnā€™t realize it until I pulled it off to install this but my Fox was actually hitting in a few places on full travel of the suspension. This thing is 1/2 the size in diameter and easily clears everything. The wheel return is excellent.

If I could change anything I would give it a little firmer hold on center, and possibly a little firmer through the travel but a firmer center hold might be all thatā€™s needed. Keep in mind I am VERY picky on the way my vehicles drive and handle, I have had several people drive my Jeep and never noticed the shimmy I have been chasing, so thereā€™s that.

It takes a bit to make sure itā€™s centered, once it is itā€™s worth the effort. I donā€™t think I will be putting the Fox ATS back on anytime soon.

Agin Iā€™m not really big on reviews and I feel like Iā€™m kinda rambling but I really do think this setup is completely different from anything out there and I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see this on the Jeeps at some point from the factory.
Jim
Did you ever get your upgrader units? Can you tell us what you have learned as it has been a long time since we have seen your comments.
Tony For info on EC contact [email protected] or call 8-4 EST 1-989-448-2501 Tony.
Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Like you Iā€™m running my Falcon stabilizer on the firm setting. This cured my small shimmy, and I can drive most roads with just 2 fingers but really miss the return to center. Iā€™ll be waiting for the final review from you and roky once youā€™ve tried a couple different pressures before making my order.
Hucke
It has been a long time since you posted. Did you get a replacement? Can you comment on EC? Do you need anything from Tony?
Tony For info on EC contact [email protected] or call 8-4 EST 1-989-448-2501 Tony.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
All the interest in this died because it does not work.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Hucke
It has been a long time since you posted. Did you get a replacement? Can you comment on EC? Do you need anything from Tony?
Thanks for asking. I received the 140 unit in exchange for the 110. Nothing but 2 finger driving for the majority of my daily commutes thanks to the EC.

Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for asking. I received the 140 unit in exchange for the 110. Nothing but 2 finger driving for the majority of my daily commutes thanks to the EC.
Hucke
Any chance you might do a short video telling likes and dislikes? Just sharing the experience.
If not a video maybe a few more comments on the forum, kind of what it was like before and what it is like now. If you have any issues do share those too.
Questions do contact us at [email protected] or call 8-4 EST 1-989-448-2501 Tony.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Hmm seems interesting. May want to add this to my 392 XR or my wifeā€™s 4XE rubicon.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm seems interesting. May want to add this to my 392 XR or my wifeā€™s 4XE rubicon.
Questions do contact us at [email protected] or call 8-4 EST 1-989-448-2501 Tony.
I have a 2021 392 XR on 35's with the EC, mine now is 135 lb, we have tried about 5-6 different pressures on mine. 135-140 seems perfect.
Sponsored