Exact Center Stabilizer

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
So I want to start with in the 35+ years I have been playing with modified cars,trucks,and Jeeps,I have probably made 3-4 reviews on things. A little bit of background on myself, I have been doing high end collision and restoration work for 30+ years. I have been building high end drag cars on the side for 15-20 years.

I have built a few 4000+ HP outlaw drag cars, countless street cars, and quite a few Jeeps over the years. My current JLUR has had a shimmy in the steering since I did the lift well over a year ago and 15,000 miles ago. I have had several posts on here over the last year on things I have done to try to fix it. I have probably spent 10k chasing it.

I have replaced the following trying to correct it.
Springs x2
Shocks x3
Ball joints x3
Steering knuckles
Hub bearings
Wheels and tires x3
Steering tie rods x2
Track bars x2
Steering gear box x3
Track bar braces x2
Steering stabilizer x3

Not to mention changing alignment specs a million times

I did the new stabilizer last night and took it for a quick ride, I was somewhat happy with it. Today I made a few more adjustments on it and I actually ended up driving it about 130 miles today. After getting it out on the highway and the typical roads that I know would duplicate the shimmy I had I can say this is the best it has driven since I have lifted it.

There was probably a 25-30 mph crosswind on one of the 4 lane open roads out here. Itā€™s pretty much all open corn fields so it really has nothing to block the road from the wind. At 70 I could take my hands off the wheel and the Jeep would stay in its lane for as long as I wanted. I shot a video but I need to figure out how to post it. šŸ˜Ž

The more I drive it the more impressed I am with it. I really like the size, I didnā€™t realize it until I pulled it off to install this but my Fox was actually hitting in a few places on full travel of the suspension. This thing is 1/2 the size in diameter and easily clears everything. The wheel return is excellent.

If I could change anything I would give it a little firmer hold on center, and possibly a little firmer through the travel but a firmer center hold might be all thatā€™s needed. Keep in mind I am VERY picky on the way my vehicles drive and handle, I have had several people drive my Jeep and never noticed the shimmy I have been chasing, so thereā€™s that.

It takes a bit to make sure itā€™s centered, once it is itā€™s worth the effort. I donā€™t think I will be putting the Fox ATS back on anytime soon.

Agin Iā€™m not really big on reviews and I feel like Iā€™m kinda rambling but I really do think this setup is completely different from anything out there and I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see this on the Jeeps at some point from the factory.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Iā€™m glad this has helped out the small shimmy you had.
Is this the new stock 100 psi unit you are running? Any plans to test higher pressure units?
Last question, what is the weight or your wheel/tire setup?

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the new stock 100 psi unit you are running? Any plans to test higher pressure units?
Jeeps&dogs will want to answer, but I gave him the units and I am fairly sure I did not give him anything but two @ 75lb. I will give him what every pressure he wants later

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Can anyone point me where i can purchase? Went through the dealer network and could not find bracket with stabilizer. I have a 2021 JLUXR.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
itā€™s been a long road to get here to say the least. Iā€™m not 100% on the pressure I have one of the early ones and I think itā€™s 75? I would like to try some of the higher pressures but honestly the more I drive it the more I like it. I had the FOX ATS on the Jeep prior to this and I ran it on 17 so it was stiff! I liked the firmer feeling and I got used to it, but with that setup there was almost no wheel return.

The wheel return on this is absolutely perfect, letā€™s put it this way, I normally park the Jeep in November and it sits in my shop until April because of the snow and salt. Itā€™s currently covered in salt because I have been driving it everywhere the last two days because I like the way it drives that much.

Iā€™m running 35ā€ Toyo AT3ā€™s and AEV Borla with bead locks. I think the tire is 70 something and the rims are 30 something so the set up is 100+.

If the video goes through this was a 20-30 mph cross wind in a completely open area. I could basically let go of the wheel and it needed little to no correction. I went probably 2-3 miles like that.

Attachments

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for this. Iā€™ve been following the other mess of a thread and have decided Iā€™ll likely be getting this since Iā€™ll be towing a lightweight camper soon, and think this would make it much easier to deal with, especially in windy conditions.

are you running their stock location bracket, or a third party one?

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
we also canā€™t see your video. You canā€™t directly upload iPhone videos here. Upload it to YouTube first, then just post the link to the video.

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2020 Ram 5500 2020 Lincoln Aviato
Can anyone point me where i can purchase? Went through the dealer network and could not find bracket with stabilizer. I have a 2021 JLUXR.
We are the inventor and a dealer call Tony at PIW corp 9894482501
He understands and has used these for 5 years during devolvement.

Sponsored

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this. Iā€™ve been following the other mess of a thread and have decided Iā€™ll likely be getting this since Iā€™ll be towing a lightweight camper soon, and think this would make it much easier to deal with, especially in windy conditions.

are you running their stock location bracket, or a third party one?

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The EC will change how you our jeep reacts to the wind. Most people think side issues that get them sawing right and left are all the wind, but what is happening is the driver is over correcting. With EC steering wheel will not move in most wind conditions so you will not correct. I think this may be the same with trailer control. If you want a EC do call Tony he helped develope EC and he is a hard core Jeep guy. He is a dealer and can answer real questions.
Thanks
Johnd

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
itā€™s been a long road to get here to say the least. Iā€™m not 100% on the pressure I have one of the early ones and I think itā€™s 75? I would like to try some of the higher pressures but honestly the more I drive it the more I like it. I had the FOX ATS on the Jeep prior to this and I ran it on 17 so it was stiff! I liked the firmer feeling and I got used to it, but with that setup there was almost no wheel return.

The wheel return on this is absolutely perfect, letā€™s put it this way, I normally park the Jeep in November and it sits in my shop until April because of the snow and salt. Itā€™s currently covered in salt because I have been driving it everywhere the last two days because I like the way it drives that much.

Iā€™m running 35ā€ Toyo AT3ā€™s and AEV Borla with bead locks. I think the tire is 70 something and the rims are 30 something so the set up is 100+.

If the video goes through this was a 20-30 mph cross wind in a completely open area. I could basically let go of the wheel and it needed little to no correction. I went probably 2-3 miles like that.
Like you Iā€™m running my Falcon stabilizer on the firm setting. This cured my small shimmy, and I can drive most roads with just 2 fingers but really miss the return to center. Iā€™ll be waiting for the final review from you and roky once youā€™ve tried a couple different pressures before making my order.
Sponsored