Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

AT least the 2.0 still has a engine cover. 3.6 owners won't have to worry about that. As a cost cutting measure no more engine covers for the 3.6 as of late 2021. :LOL:
Why would anyone want an engine cover?
Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
If it's important to you that other people know what you have, then go for it. I personally doubt most folks care, and I dont care if they know, so it doesnt do anything for me. In fact, I'm a little confused when someone's doing ANYTHING to make other people look at them. But so what?

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Another thought, most regular folks don't really know anything about vehicles. Instead of putting badging on that only vehicle people would know what it means, why not just use words the general public understands? Something like:

Double bonus extreme

or

Super extra maximum

Then if anyone ever asks you about it, just laugh and say "what? You never heard of super extra maximum?" And continue to laugh, but the key here is to make sure you continue answering their questions with a question, even if yours doesn't make any sense and don't actually answer their question with a reasonable answer. Makes em feel stupid 😉

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

If it's important to you that other people know what you have, then go for it. I personally doubt most folks care, and I dont care if they know, so it doesnt do anything for me. In fact, I'm a little confused when someone's doing ANYTHING to make other people look at them. But so what?
You must absolutely love Tuscadero! ;)

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Put your badging on who cares what someone thinks!

Or take all of them off and be clean!

What do I think? No one cares :LOL:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
AT least the 2.0 still has a engine cover. 3.6 owners won't have to worry about that. As a cost cutting measure no more engine covers for the 3.6 as of late 2021. :LOL:
So now we know which one is really the base engine.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
You must absolutely love Tuscadero! ;)
Not what I would want for myself...maybe other people like it...I dunno.

Unless...are you inferring that some people choose the color of their jeep based on what they think will get attention from others?

Wow. Do they do other stuff just so other people will look at them?

Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I'm for de-badging of any kind, actually I removed most of the tacky badges on my Jeep.

I'm comfortable with what I drive, don't need all that pretentious flare.
Me too. Only thing left is the 392 badge due to the holes it would leave and I blacked it out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Engine badging? Thoughts? 20211215_153232

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
A V6 with a 6 speed was the no-cost option for me. Choosing the 2.0T makes the 8-speed auto compulsory, which added $1.5K to my configuration cost*. The four cylinder gets observably better fuel mileage than its larger gas sibling, and has a higher torque rating to boot. Subjectively, the
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am just going to put 392 on the back and now people will think I have the most expensive biggest engine!
poseur

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I propose that we just put a badge on the back of our Wranglers that says how much we paid for it. That's really what this whole thing is about, right?

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I propose that we just put a badge on the back of our Wranglers that says how much we paid for it. That's really what this whole thing is about, right?
Can I use the msrp price if I picked mine up under invoice? I'd hate to have a mall crawler who paid full msrp feel superior to my offroad dedicated rig because I got it at a discount.
Sponsored