Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Will do. Also i noticed some abnormal tire wear last night. Almost like a cupping issue. On the BFG KO every other tread is worn. Need to get this fixed or it is going to be expensive.
How often are you rotating and are you doing all 5? Also, what's your current tire pressure?
Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
How often are you rotating and are you doing all 5? Also, what's your current tire pressure?
I only have 4500 miles. Installed the new 315/70 at a tick over 1000 miles. Pressure set at 33 all around. Fronts only have the cupping issue, rears are perfect.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I only have 4500 miles. Installed the new 315/70 at a tick over 1000 miles. Pressure set at 33 all around. Fronts only have the cupping issue, rears are perfect.
Same size ko2's here and also noticed the same cupping on just the fronts. Not yet enough miles since reducing the toe-in to gauge any difference in wear. I would assume the great improvement in ride quality should also help with tread life.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Same size ko2's here and also noticed the same cupping on just the fronts. Not yet enough miles since reducing the toe-in to gauge any difference in wear. I would assume the great improvement in ride quality should also help with tread life.
I'll change the toe a bit and rotate and keep updated here.

OP
OP
spurly

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Dang, I need to check this thread a bit more. Glad to see (in an unfortunate way) that there's a several others working through the same issues.

I'm hoping Synergy's production is ahead of schedule and I'll get my tie rod before 5/22. Fortunately, going back to the stock set up should get me by until then and I won't be affected by having the stock SS setup. If I end up taking any trips, there won't be any major crawling involved so I shouldn't have to worry about the SS getting damaged. But I'll definitely be doing my own alignment once the tie rod shows up because I think I have to much toe the way it is now. My alignment specs show .05° on the right and .10° on the left which I think is 3/16ths of an inch total toe. I'll have to remeasure and adjust once I get home but hopefully the new tie rod is the last piece to the puzzle because work just issued a 25% pay cut so things are going to be tight for the next few months. If this doesn't totally eliminate it, I'm still going to try and reach out the dealer about new ball joints.

View attachment 311083

Last edited:

Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, I need to check this thread a bit more. Glad to see (in an unfortunate way) that there's a several others working through the same issues.

I'm hoping Synergy's production is ahead of schedule and I'll get my tie rod before 5/22. Fortunately, going back to the stock set up should get me by until then and I won't be affected by having the stock SS setup. If I end up taking any trips, there won't be any major crawling involved so I shouldn't have to worry about the SS getting damaged. But I'll definitely be doing my own alignment once the tie rod shows up because I think I have to much toe the way it is now. My alignment specs show .05° on the right and .10° on the left which I think is 3/16ths of an inch total toe. I'll have to remeasure and adjust once I get home but hopefully the new tie rod is the last piece to the puzzle because work just issued a 25% pay cut so things are going to be tight for the next few months. If this doesn't totally eliminate it, I'm still going to try and reach out the dealer about new ball joints.

View attachment 311083

I experienced this same issue...I had a stock setup with roughly 2,000 miles on the Jeep. Some say shimmy, some say death whobble. On the interstate, I would hit a bump and my Jeep would act as if it were death whobble. The only way to stop the Jeep from shaking violently was to slow down to 45 mph....once that didn't help and I had to pull over completely. I took it to the dealership and of course "Nothing is wrong and they couldn't replicate it". I left the dealership and jumped on the hightway...boom happened again. I turned right around and took the tech for a ride. As soon as it happened again the tech said "Ya that's not right". FCA recommended they replace the steering dampener.....yet their was a three month waiting list. I immediately ordered a Fox dampener and problem solved. I've been driving on this dampener since March of 2018 with zero issues. I will say that I have a problem and replaced everything in the front end lol. The deadzone in the steering wheel is still an issue. The last item I installed was the Synergy front track bar sector brace. Before I purchased it, I noticed even with the steering box bolts tightened to spec, the steering box still moved...which in turn made me think WTF. Needless to say, it doesn't move now. If anyone has any questions about any of these products, please let me know. I can give you my real world opinion on them since my family is my number one concern when on or off road.

Parts installed.

Evo upper and lower control arms
Dynatrac 2" lift.
Synergy tie rod and dag link
Yetti front track bar (Synergy hadn't released theirs yet)
Synergy rear track bar.
Synergy front track bar sector brace.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I experienced this same issue...I had a stock setup with roughly 2,000 miles on the Jeep. Some say shimmy, some say death whobble. On the interstate, I would hit a bump and my Jeep would act as if it were death whobble. The only way to stop the Jeep from shaking violently was to slow down to 45 mph....once that didn't help and I had to pull over completely. I took it to the dealership and of course "Nothing is wrong and they couldn't replicate it". I left the dealership and jumped on the hightway...boom happened again. I turned right around and took the tech for a ride. As soon as it happened again the tech said "Ya that's not right". FCA recommended they replace the steering dampener.....yet their was a three month waiting list. I immediately ordered a Fox dampener and problem solved. I've been driving on this dampener since March of 2018 with zero issues. I will say that I have a problem and replaced everything in the front end lol. The deadzone in the steering wheel is still an issue. The last item I installed was the Synergy front track bar sector brace. Before I purchased it, I noticed even with the steering box bolts tightened to spec, the steering box still moved...which in turn made me think WTF. Needless to say, it doesn't move now. If anyone has any questions about any of these products, please let me know. I can give you my real world opinion on them since my family is my number one concern when on or off road.

Parts installed.

Evo upper and lower control arms
Dynatrac 2" lift.
Synergy tie rod and dag link
Yetti front track bar (Synergy hadn't released theirs yet)
Synergy rear track bar.
Synergy front track bar sector brace.
This is great news. Please share (in pm) with me the items that your Synergy brace fixed. I finally got mine in the mail this weekend.

Spencer

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Been reading numerous threads trying to figure out how to cure the wobbles and I have found this thread to have a lot of great information.

The suggestion to have the toe settings at near zero for 37" helped out a lot and after installing the Fox ATS steering stabilizer my wobbles are gone now.

Let me back up and give a little history in order of progression.
-New 2021 JLUR
-Mopar lift
-37's
-Metal Cloak front and rear track bars
-Synergy Tie rod
-Steering stabilizer relocation kit by Synergy. Still using the stock stabilizer.
-3/4" coil spacers on the front to compensate for the added weight of the winch and bumper to level out the Jeep

(THIS IS WHEN MY WOBBLES STARTED BEING MORE PRONOUNCED)

-Clayton upper and lower control arms installed. Caster set to 7 degrees. (steering wheel tries to straighten out after a turn more so than before and the Jeep tracks better going down the road, but still have the wobbles)
-Synergy Drag link. Since there was a little play between the pitman arm and stock drag link. (no change in wobbles)
-Rancho track bar bracket reinforcement. Cheap $90 mod for insurance and stronger foundation for the steering box even though no movement was coming from the steering box or the track bar.(no change in wobbles)
-checked torque on axle/steering components multiple times. (no change in wobbles)
-used the method shared on this thread to set the toe and noticed the toe was set (by me) to about 3/4" toe in. BAD! Changed the toe to 1/32" toe in and most of the wobbles were gone.
-Installed the Fox ATS steering stabilizer and set it to 17 out of 24 soft to firm settings. WOBBLES are all gone!

Thanks to those that contributed to this thread!

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Been reading numerous threads trying to figure out how to cure the wobbles and I have found this thread to have a lot of great information.

The suggestion to have the toe settings at near zero for 37" helped out a lot and after installing the Fox ATS steering stabilizer my wobbles are gone now.

Let me back up and give a little history in order of progression.
-New 2021 JLUR
-Mopar lift
-37's
-Metal Cloak front and rear track bars
-Synergy Tie rod
-Steering stabilizer relocation kit by Synergy. Still using the stock stabilizer.
-3/4" coil spacers on the front to compensate for the added weight of the winch and bumper to level out the Jeep

(THIS IS WHEN MY WOBBLES STARTED BEING MORE PRONOUNCED)

-Clayton upper and lower control arms installed. Caster set to 7 degrees. (steering wheel tries to straighten out after a turn more so than before and the Jeep tracks better going down the road, but still have the wobbles)
-Synergy Drag link. Since there was a little play between the pitman arm and stock drag link. (no change in wobbles)
-Rancho track bar bracket reinforcement. Cheap $90 mod for insurance and stronger foundation for the steering box even though no movement was coming from the steering box or the track bar.(no change in wobbles)
-checked torque on axle/steering components multiple times. (no change in wobbles)
-used the method shared on this thread to set the toe and noticed the toe was set (by me) to about 3/4" toe in. BAD! Changed the toe to 1/32" toe in and most of the wobbles were gone.
-Installed the Fox ATS steering stabilizer and set it to 17 out of 24 soft to firm settings. WOBBLES are all gone!

Thanks to those that contributed to this thread!
If they show back up, I suggest ball joints next. I've talked to a couple others that swear that was their issue the whole time. I wish I had tried that first. I just hadn't talked to anyone that had done them and truly resolved their wobble issues. Personal opinion, I think the stock joints are junk with any tire above 35". I'll never know because I traded it after 9 months of frustration. Just personal opinion after living it, but I think toe, caster, and stabilizers are all just band-aids on the problem.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If they show back up, I suggest ball joints next. I've talked to a couple others that swear that was their issue the whole time. I wish I had tried that first. I just hadn't talked to anyone that had done them and truly resolved their wobble issues. Personal opinion, I think the stock joints are junk with any tire above 35". I'll never know because I traded it after 9 months of frustration. Just personal opinion after living it, but I think toe, caster, and stabilizers are all just band-aids on the problem.
Hey Mike, did you trade it for another Jeep?

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey Mike, did you trade it for another Jeep?
I didn't. Since I never found the cause of mine and a new one would be the same... I couldn't do it. Just leased a truck while I wait for the Bronco to maybe come out someday in 2025. Might look at old JKUs at some point. I needed a break.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Stock ball joints are my issue! They are terrible. Dana HD is only solution.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yeah, I don't understand why Jeep thinks it's still okay to put plastic inside a fucking balljoint.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Add $250 and get the in-vehicle rebuildable Dynatracs.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don't understand why Jeep thinks it's still okay to put plastic inside a fucking balljoint.
Amen to that. Plastics do have their use cases--live load bearing suspension components "ain't it"!
Sponsored