First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Just curious how many people care about scratching up their new (or newish) JL? I care less. 🤙🏼 I would take a picture of the scratches to prove it, but the paint has been buried under a few layers of mud for quite awhile. 🤣.

In all honesty, I am scared of dents.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Just curious how many people care about scratching up their new (or newish) JL? I care less. 🤙🏼 I would take a picture of the scratches to prove it, but the paint has been buried under a few layers of mud for quite awhile. 🤣.

In all honesty, I am scared of dents.
I’m the same. It doesn’t even have 3k on it but it’s all ripped up. I had it on the trails within 1k miles.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Are we talking about scratches and dents on the paint or undercarriage? Paint I prefer to try and keep it to a minimum and no dents, but paint scratches happen. They can mostly be buffed out and are also the reason I did not go with a darker color. Undercarriage has some dings and scratches. Nothing too bad thanks to mostly good lines.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's meant to look swirly and scratched up. If you live around British Columbia, Canada this is unavoidable given the narrow trails with branches scraping the entire side of the Jeep. You feel bad the first time.. Then it's just fine, you should be happy that you are protected by the hard top 🙂

Sponsored

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
First application of “desert pinstriping” was within my first two weeks of ownership. Just part of the territory in my neighborhood. No soft and fluffy vegetation. Bright white tends to hide them pretty well. I even managed to pinstripe the hard top a few weeks ago. Thankfully I didn’t kiss the rock wall any harder.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do You Mind Getting Trail Scratches? 04DA608F-E4D7-4DF9-9684-283B4A713907

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
I don't go out of my way on the trail or wherever we are off-roading to get the most scratches possible lmao. However, they do happen, will happen and I just do my best to use a nice wax/polish/scratch removal treatment once or twice a year. It happens and it's part of the adventure. I live in British Columbia Canada and we call it BCpinstripes. It's a badge of honor. Now dents on the other hand, dents to the body would hurt me a lot. To the front/rear bumpers or rock sliders, meh but anywhere else on the body, I would feel that and be upset by it.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I don't fit into any of the categories lol. I hate the idea of scratches but it doesn't stop me from running trails. I invested a decent amount into protecting the paint and when something happens I do what I can to make it look good.

So where's the "it hurts my soul but I won't stop" option?

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
So where's the "it hurts my soul but I won't stop" option?
Right? This is probably the most common attitude among off-roading JL owners.
I'll do whatever I can to avoid scratches at all times. I won't be happy if I get one. Then I'll get over it because it's a Jeep and scratches comes with the territory. I might try to fix it, or I might not.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I don’t mind trail scratches or pinstripes which I consider a permanent memory of the trails I’ve been on.

But I do mind the assmunch at my work who used my painted fender as a table for their backpack and left some hellacious scratches in their wake. I now park as remotely as possible.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Scratches…. What scratches are you talking about, mine came from the factory that way…. 🤣🤣🤣

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
There's a reason I drive a Jeep and well some racing stripes just come with the program-it's called an off-road vehicle and the fun is to enjoy it-life is short and the paint is pretty good. I would drive an X5 if I worried about racing stripes and a few dents. Keep the Jeep wave going.
Sponsored