Sponsored

What option do you regret not getting? By popularity!

Top 3 options you regret not ordering?

• Total voters

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
My last car, a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, had the "Keyless Enter n' Go" or something to that effect. Very nice... basically walk up to the car, it auto unlocks when I grab the handle, and press to start... never had to fumble with the key fob... actually useful. After having that for feature years now... I miss it terribly. Really bad... really.
What you're looking for is called "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry", and Jeep DOES offer it, but I just checked the website and it's not listed for the Sport OR Sport S. THAT SUCKS!!

Keyless entry is simply entry without a key. Usually a FOB or Keypad on the door is used in its place. It literally just means "no key required to unlock the door". Proximity entry is what you wanted. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get it!
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
What you're looking for is called "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry", and Jeep DOES offer it, but I just checked the website and it's not listed for the Sport OR Sport S. THAT SUCKS!!

Keyless entry is simply entry without a key. Usually a FOB or Keypad on the door is used in its place. It literally just means "no key required to unlock the door". Proximity entry is what you wanted. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get it!
@TrailJoy, hi. I'm looking for a MOPAR purchasable option to open the doors without reaching for the fob, i.e. the "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry" ----

that one can acquire AFTER vehicle purchase, when the owner regrets they didn't get this feature at the point of purchase.

Just to keep things clear, do you have a link to such product (perhaps available in Canada)?

Thanks

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
We bought our Jeep off the lot... a nicely optioned Sport. The only option I wish it had was the proximity locks. I have the "Keyless" entry FOB and even Remote Start.... but I still have to fumble for the FOB to unlock the door. Say what?
I was actually shocked my Jeep didn’t have proximity locks when I brought it home. I thought it was standard in all cars! I thought it was included in one of the packages I purchased. I thought keyless entry and remote start included proximity locks. Digging my keys out of my purse is such a pain. I don’t understand why it isn’t offered in the Sport S. I get that it’s not offered in the Sport but it really should be offered with all automatic power locks.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
@TrailJoy, hi. I'm looking for a MOPAR purchasable option to open the doors without reaching for the fob, i.e. the "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry" ----

that one can acquire AFTER vehicle purchase, when the owner regrets they didn't get this feature at the point of purchase.

Just to keep things clear, do you have a link to such product (perhaps available in Canada)?

Thanks
I watch a lot of videos to kill the time while waiting for my Jeep to arrive, and there are a few "now or never" features, and I fear this might be one of them. I hope I'm wrong!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I was actually shocked my Jeep didn’t have proximity locks when I brought it home. I thought it was standard in all cars! I thought it was included in one of the packages I purchased. I thought keyless entry and remote start included proximity locks. Digging my keys out of my purse is such a pain. I don’t understand why it isn’t offered in the Sport S. I get that it’s not offered in the Sport but it really should be offered with all automatic power locks.
I hear your valid criticism @Jennalee and agree with it--as much as I love my Wrangler.

For argument sake and example, electric windows that go up with one button push and immediate release, also commonplace in even some of the most low-end vehicles, aren't available in the Wrangler---although in this latter example I will somewhat forgive FCA because with this feature comes the "keeping out of court" requirement to add sensors to the windows to stop upward movement should, say, a finger get in the way--and that tech takes door internal real estate from what otherwise is a removable and designed to be light (yet strong) door.

(P.S. people have devised the tech aftermarket, but minus the safety sensors)

Here's the reality as I see it. Rarely has a brand come along so loved and with so little competition, let alone in its price range. For as expensive as a JL can become, it pails in comparison to a Range Rover or Mecedes G Wagon in price (and often features.) And with the lack of similar substitute vehicles in the product space, the balance of power between supplier and purchaser tips in favor of the former to offer some of the most basic items standard in other vehicles, as ala carte optional purchases, if available at all from FCA.

This is why I am thrilled to hear of the Ford Bronco--not because I intend on buying it, but because nothing holds companies like FCA (and Ford) beholden to consumers like marketplace alternatives.

There may be two other factors as well. One is that with ever feature added to the Wrangler, even as an option, there is that hard core group of owners who (I say tongue-in-cheek) wonder why the door even has manual window cranks when that door is yanked upon driving it home from the dealer to collect dust in the garage. The second factor is the love hate relationship FCA and the aftermarket has of providing stuff either not offered at purchase, or if available, apt to be higher priced and less quality as MOPAR product, than that produced by 3rd party manufacturers (who MOPAR often buys it from and slaps their name and markup on anyway.)

Such tech enhances Wrangler sales (good for FCA) as sure is it competes with MOPAR (bad for FCA, but far less so the vehcile sales benefits them.)

I collective sigh for you, me and the rest of us Jenna, outweighed by how most others drive vehicles to get places, while we also enjoy the trip itself. :)

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
The keyless entry option will be truly missed when I'm wheeling without the doors.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
100% keyless entry.. All our other cars have it and it’s a pain trying to fumble with keys.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
For me it's trailer tow package. That pre-wired switch bank is SWEET! The cost of ordering with compared to adding after the fact totally makes it worth getting. Not going to tow? Just take off the hitch! You still get the oversized alternator, battery and switch bank that makes wiring in new lights or whatever a snap.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
Proximity entry is what you wanted. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get it!
Friends visiting over holidays. Rented an eight passenger SUV. Computer suddenly did not recognize proximity key. Would not start. Rental company had to come get us. So, you want that feature 40 miles out from Moab, or at 12,700 feet up in the San Juans? Tell me, did you buy your JL only to get groceries?

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
it pails in comparison to a Range Rover or Mecedes G Wagon in price (and often features.
The reason I want a Jeep is because I don't want a Range Rover or a Mercedes. The kind of turf a Jeep is supposedly designed for is no place for girly options and Euro repair bills. I'm using political incorrectness here to 4 wheel a point. As I recently began to order a base 2 door Rubicon, my sales person just informed me I must buy the proximity ignition system which is no longer an option, requiring $500 more and worse yet an insult to my intelligence. I'm now waiting for the Bronco desperately hoping FMC doesn't copy FCJ. I can see that used buildable product is going to dry up pretty quickly. A genuine American Jeep manufacturer would offer a spartan base vehicle which one could truly build to order. I want the Rubicon drive train and suspension, good seats and nothing more. The after market aptly serves the lust for remaining features. Over the past 40 years I've been broken down too many times in remote, sometimes inaccessible areas to know that unnecessary garbage will prevent me from getting out compromising survival. Yeah, I've broken axles, fried ignition wiring, but my Jeep, due to its simplicity has always allowed me enough mechanical/electrical alternatives to work around a breakdown to get me and mine out of trouble. Yeah, I take a lot of tools. I regard wheeling as a SPORT meaning competition with the elements to enjoy otherwise inaccessible, enviable scenery. The new JLs are morphing into drop dead gorgeous high maintenance dates.

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
I've never had heated seats,
Got in the back seat (heated) of a GM crossover one very cold night after having an enchilada. Really felt good, then unexpectedly .... my pants.

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm guessing the only thing that makes a little sense to me now is not getting the proximity key. I do have it on my commuter car for work for over 5 years now, but didn't order it on the Sahara. I was trying to trim some fat since building can easily tag over $50K. I'm so use to just opening my door even if it's locked. Not spoiled, just accustomed to it now.

Although I also have heated seats in my car, I didn't care for it with the cloth interior. Nice feature for most, but for me, only necessary with leather interior.

My "Must haves" when I ordered the vehicle were: Remote Start, 8.4 NAV and Alpine radio, Hardtop, and LSD. Seems I got everything I really wanted. If I can only pick one, it would be the proximity key over the heated seats and steering wheel. The remote is the cold weather group. I'll add the LED lighting later for less than $500. Absolutely no regrets for leaving that out although I wanted it.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I'm guessing the only thing that makes a little sense to me now is not getting the proximity key. I do have it on my commuter car for work for over 5 years now, but didn't order it on the Sahara. I was trying to trim some fat since building can easily tag over $50K. I'm so use to just opening my door even if it's locked. Not spoiled, just accustomed to it now.

Although I also have heated seats in my car, I didn't care for it with the cloth interior. Nice feature for most, but for me, only necessary with leather interior.

My "Must haves" when I ordered the vehicle were: Remote Start, 8.4 NAV and Alpine radio, Hardtop, and LSD. Seems I got everything I really wanted. If I can only pick one, it would be the proximity key over the heated seats and steering wheel. The remote is the cold weather group. I'll add the LED lighting later for less than $500. Absolutely no regrets for leaving that out although I wanted it.
You can add proximity now with J-Scan app & parts.