Sponsored

Are there any options/specs that you regret getting OR not getting?

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
Hi guys,

Ordering a JLUR next week.

I have slaved over all the different options. I think I've finally got it ironed out.

But, change my mind...

Tell me what you wish you would have gotten or wish you didn't get.
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Wish I got the proximity door sensors. Always loved it on my Corvette's. I plan to add the entire setup this year when it warms up a bit.

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had a 2018 JL Sahara (hence the forum name) without the proximity sensors and I hated it. The JLUR has them.
I wish I would've gotten the tow package with aux switches, to answer your question.
I also wish I would've gotten the dual top group.

If I was ordering today, I would also get the dual door group, if its in the budget.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I do wish every option was made available for every trim level.

FCA/Stellantis requires the customer to purchase higher specification Wranglers in order to gain access to certain options, whether sold individually or as a "group". This is baldly a money-making proposition. That is to say, it forces the buyer to decide if he wants to pay for something he doesn't want, in order to equip his vehicle with something that is important to him.

While I can't fault a for-profit company for taking this approach, it doesn't prevent me from saying it's a damn annoying thing to do to the customer.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I love the proximity door/keyless locks. I run mine doors off/top down spring through fall and find it useful for locking the tailgate. I also love the bum warmers even though I don’t live in a cold environment because they’re nice when those doors are off and it’s a cool morning.

+1 for the tow package.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I was in NY when I decided to get a Wrangler. I'd be back home in Canada in 3 days. I found the Wrangler I wanted at my local dealer. Fully loaded Sahara with every option. I figured I'd call my contact at the dealer when I got home. Watched that Wrangler get sold the next day (listing disappeared).

So when I got home I took the next best one on the lot (I wanted to drive it that day lol) which had everything except the Aux switches.

Wish mine had come with Aux switches.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I wish I had skipped the steel bumper. It looks like I need to replace the rear one for a tire carrier when I go to 37’s. A front one would be easier to find to take a chosen winch without worrying about needing to trim things.

I know someone said don’t skip dual top, but I say get the hard then wait for someone here or on fb to sell their soft top. I did that and it worked well.

I didn’t have leather and am considering katskin with warmer/cooled seats. If you want aftermarket cooled seats, I think you’re only getting a heated steering wheel out of that factory upgrade.

edit: I found a good tire carrier that allows me to keep my rear bumper, regret is gone. DV8 TCJL-02 replaces tailgate door hinges and adds a latch plate on the driver tailight to allow me to keep my steel bumper (and sensors). Some drilling required, but appears worth it!

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Front trail camera was not available on 2019 when I purchased so I don’t have it but I really wish I did. I factory ordered and ticked almost every box. I don’t have any options that I wish I’d skipped or that I don’t get lots of use out of.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hi guys,

Ordering a JLUR next week.

I have slaved over all the different options. I think I've finally got it ironed out.

But, change my mind...

Tell me what you wish you would have gotten or wish you didn't get.
Prior questions like these on the forum have always found proximity entry as a top regretted item for not buying. Perhaps more important is why.

I suspect that it's multifactorial if not also somewhat ironic that for a fair number of owners, simplicity is preferred. After all, how many vehicles are available today with roll up windows like the JL?

Like technology or not, proximity is a feature ideally suited to Wranglers because we tend to hold a lot more items in our hands for them to haul than we might in our sedan, which BTW likely came with those proximity locks standard. Such purposes tend to make even the technologically adverse owner yield to this convenience feature

Do know that adding this feature after purchase though is a well documented forum item, and doable, as opposed to other features that are very tricky to add once purchased, like air conditioning.

Do accept the fact that your purchase won't be perfect. You may still ask yourself in a year why you paid for feature "X," which you ended up never using, but opted out of feature "Y" that would have proved awesome.

And that the only solution to this is to never buy, in which case you'll miss at on all that is awesome: to wit the majority of stuff it came with that you love.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Prior questions like these on the forum have always found proximity entry as a top regretted item for not buying. Perhaps more important is why.
I hate digging the huge giant brick out of my pocket. :CWL:

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I suppose I should also mention that I "could" list the adaptive cruise control as a regret. I initially bought it because it's a fantastic feature for long drives, like when going on wheeling trips far away. I still use it right now because I'm daily driving the Jeep on my 50 mile daily commute, but I'm only driving the Jeep until the new truck gets in. After that, the Jeep will go back to being trailered to the trail like it has been for the last year. The wife, who normally drives the Jeep, doesn't really use the adaptive cruise, so once the truck gets in, the adaptive cruise probably won't ever get used again.

if this will be your primary vehicle and you aren't afraid of adaptive cruise, i'd suggest getting it. It's wonderful to have on long boring drives.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Wish I got the proximity door sensors. Always loved it on my Corvette's. I plan to add the entire setup this year when it warms up a bit.
Agree with this 100%! I just overlooked it or didn’t immediately understand the description to know what it was. I would have done that for sure. I watched a video on how to install the kit and to me it looks involved. I would probably end up breaking a window 😂
Sponsored