Sponsored

Marco corsa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon ‘22 4xe
Lol, I'm the opposite of you guys, I like the stubby. Just put on another on my JLR, JT kept the orig. I don't notice much signal loss but I'm not in BFE, nor do I really listen to the radio. The whip 1 is just annoying.
Yup have a stubby on mine, no going back and haven’t noticed change in signal acquisition 😎
Sponsored

AOBE

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR 2.0L
Occupation
Self Employed
If it makes you feel any better, I installed the Quadratec sill guards and they are creating a gap in my door seal. Now I have to pull them off and clean up 8 strips of VRB tape from my brand new JLU and find another alternative. So I don't recommend these.
Thanks for the heads-up, I was planning on getting these.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I will never again Dynamat an entire wrangler, worst idea ever. The added weight was never a pre thought. That 2013 JK Sahara was a rolling vacuum sealed box of insanity. A 12 piece Mariachi band could play in the back seat and you’d never heard a thing in the front lol.

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
1. Metalcloak integrated Armor System for JL 4xe. Why? With a 3.5 lift and 37's, there's not a whole lot of benefit compared with the amount of rock crawling I have done thus far. I've just cruised over obstacles with only scraping on the rear bumper and tailpipe. Since I daily my baby, the weight of the under armor system compromises electric range from 26 miles per charge to 19 miles per charge.

2. Bodyguard Jeep JL Stubby Front Bumper - with Baja Bar and Stubby Rear Bumper. Why? While they look great, they are super heavy, a birch to put together (directions are horrible), and since it's modular, there's a bunch of small parts and components to mess with. Installing the Rigid D-series Pro Flood lights was miserable. Let's just say, inside the frame where one of the bumper bolts are located, is a piece of painters tape used to afix a nut into place so a bolt could be inserted to secure the bumper to the frame. Three people took 2.5 days to install these birches. PITA.

3. Armorlite Front & Rear Flooring for JL 4xe. Why? It doesn't sit in place well/install a birch. Flooring is not insulated so you can feel warmth from engine compartment when ICE is running. Overall cost for what you get... MEH.
1. Does this mean the weight of the average girlfriend, purse, and water bottle will scrub off 33% of the 4xe’s miles?

j7mm9

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
1. Does this mean the weight of the average girlfriend, purse, and water bottle will scrub off 33% of the 4xe’s miles?
Ha! Should have said “contributed to the decline in range.”

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I am a fickle one.
When I bought my 2019, I had the dealership put on 315s at delivery. I put on a Skyjacker lift, then took that off and put on the Mopar lift. I swapped to 37s. FYI, with the Mopar lift, you'll need a few things to complete the kit. ie trackbars and RK correction pads. Then I swapped in some Rock Jock control arms to replace the OEM ones, then swapped out the Mopar Springs for the Synergy 4in ones. I just put on 39s KM3 shoes and have a semi float rear 60 being built. I ordered the Metalcloak long arm kit and most likely will pair them to a King coilover kit from Accutune. It doesnt end.
I have no regrets.
I could have saved a few bucks along the way, but you dont know what you'll need until you push your Jeep to the limits. My $.02.

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
Door sills, I would go the clear protection film next time.
Put the Rugged Ridge sill guards in our 2023 JLU and they fit perfectly. Made of a more pliable thick plastic and cover the entire sill area and don't stick out from under the door. Stick very well if applied correctly.

IMG_4138.JPG

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Great thread!

Thankfully due to constrained budget and a tendency to over-analyze everything, I haven't been bit by anything really.

Maybe instead of the TF spacer kit I'd go with a Rubicon take-off kit, but I kept getting lost/frustrated trying to figure out which springs I needed.

Mgirls

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4XE
2.25 or 4.75 in RC? I have a 2.25 (but waiting a BO part before install) after reading member reports of no sensor issues. Did you have to otherwise relocate or did the 35 fit with stock carrier?
My 35s were setting off my sensors. I went with the shorter, 2.25 and the sensors work perfect now. Window is blocked a little more, obviously, but couldn’t imagine doing the 4.75…

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My 35s were setting off my sensors. I went with the shorter, 2.25 and the sensors work perfect now. Window is blocked a little more, obviously, but couldn’t imagine doing the 4.75…
15 lb. RC plate was wasted money and in the garage. Went with the featherweight aluminum Teraflex plates. Total extra weight of tire and relocation is the same as factory Falken MT option. No gate worries.

Mgirls

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4XE
15 lb. RC plate was wasted money and in the garage. Went with the featherweight aluminum Teraflex plates. Total extra weight of tire and relocation is the same as factory Falken MT option. No gate worries.
Great info…. Wish I knew this a month ago. Lol

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Great info…. Wish I knew this a month ago. Lol
About $150 and a little time to eliminate gate worries is cheap. Swap heavy RC plate to the garage. 🤔

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Road Armor bumpers, Diabolical Slipstream and just about any of those fancy instagram photo worthy lifestyle mods are all things that will not make it on my incoming 23.
Why not the Slipstream?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...just about any of those fancy instagram photo worthy lifestyle mods are all things that will not make it on my incoming 23.
One of the lifestyle items that appears in such photos received a proper bollocking here.
Sponsored