Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE, Tesla M3LR, Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Management Consultant/Small Business Owner
Mine has nothing - that's the problem. I added the receiver but have no plug in at the moment. So can use it for a bike rack, not much else. Seems like towing is coming standard on most 2024's which is a good thing.
In my experience on several vehicles, believe it or don't but U-haul installs wiring at reasonable cost with full warranty. I did it myself before but for what they charge its almost a no brainer to have them do it.
Sponsored

Reactions: LCW

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
In my experience on several vehicles, believe it or don't but U-haul installs wiring at reasonable cost with full warranty. I did it myself before but for what they charge its almost a no brainer to have them do it.
They will do the 4 pin and tap into your brake lights. The 7 requires a harness install and I don’t think they do that. But if your trailer is 4 pin, that’s all you need.

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE, Tesla M3LR, Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Management Consultant/Small Business Owner
They will do the 4 pin and tap into your brake lights. The 7 requires a harness install and I don’t think they do that. But if your trailer is 4 pin, that’s all you need.
They installed a 7 pin for me and it required wiring all the way to the battery. You could be right on the Wrangler as to what they will or will not do.

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
On my Sport S Unlimited - I wish I would've gotten the 7" or 8" stereo. Android Auto is SO NICE once I started using it in the unit vehicles at work. I also would've liked the dual climate - even though I don't use it that much.

Zuni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JLR
Clubs

4.88 differentials instead of the stock 4.10s on my 23 JLR. I didn't realize they upped all but the 1st gears ratios in the 6 speed manual tranny so I can't use 6th gear. Not quite 2000Who wants an off-road vehicle that can hit 100mph?
Jeep Wrangler JL After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting? IMG_20230415_053645

Sponsored

Zuni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JLR
Clubs

4.88 differentials instead of the stock 4.10s on my 23 JLR. I didn't realize they upped all but the 1st gears ratios in the 6 speed manual tranny so I can't use 6th gear. Not quite 2000Who wants an off-road vehicle that can hit 100mph?
Jeep Wrangler JL After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting? IMG_20230415_053645
Sorry. Not quite 2000 rpm at 70 mph.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Homelink

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
ordered mine, got everything i wanted on this one. only thing i wish, is that i didnt have to have the red stitching in the interior. It just doesnt look right with the Punkn

Rublelvr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I bought my Jeep from dealer and did not have the luxury to add options. Miss LED headlights and would have loved a set of half doors.
Sponsored