Daily driver or second vehicle

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
I live on the other side of the Delaware Bay, but I feel like NJ gets a really bad rap. Parts of NJ are gorgeous!
LOL I know. The beach areas are nice as is the northwestern part of the state. I was just havin fun. I'm about 30 mins northwest of NYC and love it!
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
DD for me. I have too many cars, all special to me in their own way. I donā€™t sell them because even though they are in mint condition the resale value sucks. So might as well keep them. I love driving and I want to enjoy what I drive. Interestingly the main competitor to the Rubi is my Sequoia Limited, most confortable car I ever driven. So I take the Sequoia for a couple of days but then get back to the Rubi because of the fun factor. If the Sequoia were manual transmission the Rubi would get fewer miles. Lol.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I use mine on weekends when possible. I may put about 5000 miles per year on it. Just using it for fun.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
Itā€™s my 2nd ride, but I choose it as my DD most days. I get to the garage every morning and itā€™s such a difficult decision, but the Jeep wins usually, unless Iā€™m running late, then I pick the X6M. Very different rides, but both are a lot of fun - especially since the bimmer is pushing close to 700hp.

Sponsored

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
DD here.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Just an expensive toy-fishing/camping/shooting/exploring--

W.E.

JIMBO

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
I split time between my 2 door rubi and Audi. Mainly drive the Audi when the weather is bad, need the room for the family or for long road trips. Also have an older truck I use for work and to haul my kayak.

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
Loving my daily driver!

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and I use our Jeeps as daily drivers.

She doesn't miss her Honda and I don't miss my Nissan.

:jk: :jk:

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I split my 80 round trip between my ā€˜15 ā€œadequate Cherokeeā€ (it is not a Grand Cherokee ) and my JLUR.

Once the diesel and the Adaptive Cruise control are avail on the ā€˜19, i will reorder and just go with the JLUR. adaptive has me spoiled for the commute.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I am curious how many owners drive their jeep everyday no matter long their commute is and how many owners have a second vehicle. I do drive my jeep pretty much everyday for non commute driving but i also do over 100 miles per day for work which i leave up to my 06 subaru impreza. I will drive the jeep once or twice a week to work also.
Mine is my daily driver. I do 44 miles 4x a week for work (22 to work, 22 home). So no where near 100 miles a day. Have had a variety of vehicles over the years and most were better mannered on the highway parts - but not night and day better. Overall i really like driving my Wrangler back and forth and for what i got if for the weekend!

OP
OP
kstjarre

kstjarre

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Sport S, 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
It seems like im not the only one who has a DD then haha. While talking to other people ive heard that a beater is a good idea and others have said that i bought it to drive it. As much as i love driving it i just dont want it to have 300k miles by the time it is 5 years old.
Sponsored