OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Mine pretty much sits on the garage unless the wife goes to the store. I daily drive my 500HP AWD sleeper. I make Audi and WRX drivers say WTF just happened???!!! LOL. I have a 13 mile total commute with one busy 4 lane highway stop light. I do drive the Jeep to work at least once a week. It’s really enjoyable to drive and I love the HOT heated seats in the mornings now.

516AE0D4-99F9-4725-83BA-B0680B84C590.jpeg
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I drive about 50 a day and it’s my daily driver. I want it that way. I find it relaxing and it’s nice to pop the top and enjoy the commute vs just cursing at cars the whole time...

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
You’re probably having just as much fun in your Jeep. I’ve owned the other cars mentioned, and you wouldn’t believe the amount of additional stress you feel when driving pristine sports cars (as long as you like to keep them pristine). To be honest, it’s not worth it unless you can get away with low mileage leases. At least that way you don’t own any potential headaches.
I couldn't agree more. This is my first Jeep and I see how I've been missing out. What I've been enjoying is the freedom of modifications, especially without having to pay someone. The others are nice rides and great to drive, but the Jeep is FUN to drive. Maintenance is much less expensive. Driving the others, I typically get Fast & Furious mobiles with fat tires & giant rear wings wanting to race on I-485. I get antsy if someone is following too closely... and narrow parking spaces... ugh. I find myself driving the JL more often because I tend to be worry-free and I like the feeling of being in it... high up, top off, doors off, etc.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Daily driver here. Weekend car in the foreground. Commute is only 6-7 miles each way so no biggie.

ED8A54E1-9EFA-4A08-AC67-E1A1B5767652.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Mine pretty much sits on the garage unless the wife goes to the store. I daily drive my 500HP AWD sleeper. I make Audi and WRX drivers say WTF just happened???!!! LOL. I have a 13 mile total commute with one busy 4 lane highway stop light. I do drive the Jeep to work at least once a week. It’s really enjoyable to drive and I love the HOT heated seats in the mornings now.

516AE0D4-99F9-4725-83BA-B0680B84C590.jpeg
:cwl:

I find the Jeep to be so much more comfortable and less stressful, so I drive it most days. If I feel the need for speed, it's not the STI I get out. :giggle:

I'm looking forward to see which will be my winter favorite. I just love the Subaru with snow tires though.

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I couldn't agree more. This is my first Jeep and I see how I've been missing out. What I've been enjoying is the freedom of modifications, especially without having to pay someone. The others are nice rides and great to drive, but the Jeep is FUN to drive. Maintenance is much less expensive. Driving the others, I typically get Fast & Furious mobiles with fat tires & giant rear wings wanting to race on I-485. I get antsy if someone is following too closely... and narrow parking spaces... ugh. I find myself driving the JL more often because I tend to be worry-free and I like the feeling of being in it... high up, top off, doors off, etc.
Maintenace.. good point. A scheduled maintenance visit on a 911 (a glorified oil change) is going to run you as much as $500 depending on the dealership. Every other visit will require a brake fluid flush and air filter, in addition to motor oil, so figure about $800 for that visit. And spark plugs... you don’t even want to know. A good indie shop might charge you less, but it’s still extremely costly vs. a Wrangler.

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
It would be my daily driver. However, the train station is only 5 minutes (walking) from my townhouse. So it’s my weekend vehicle.

Jepstr67

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Jeepster, 1982 J-10, 2018JLU 2005 Dodge Magnum, 1970 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
CEO
I'm planning to use my JL daily for a 55 mile commute. I'll alternate with classic vehicles as weather permits. I sold an 83 Scrambler and and 06 Commander, and am replacing the 2 with the new Wrangler. Mainly because it was too difficult to add a snow blade to a Commander.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
20B88735-79C6-4EE9-8852-81CFD4F95869.jpeg
2DR JL is my daily driver and my Jeep TJ is my alternate. Since I drive both regularly, I appreciate each ones differences. The only thing better on the TJ is the motor has more power. The JL is luxury and great handling and the TJ is not even in the same league with it. Love my TJ..... but I love my JL more.

Dantmcb26

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I have a Yukon XL for my family and use this to tool around town. I work from home. Not very fiscally responsible.

Sponsored

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Daily driver for me and loving it!

Mousehunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
My wife and I have a small fleet of vehicles it seems. While I intended the JLUR to be a fun vehicle, due to fleet issues it has become my wife’s DD. We took it on a 3k and 2k mile vacations this summer. It turned out more useful than expected. That said, I think we have run down the issue in her regular DD, so it might get used a bit less going forward. Minivan does have its advantages sometimes.

My wife also has a Mustang (rarely used), I have a 3/4 ton work truck and a sub compact commuter. Then there are the kids vehicles...

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
Drive a Danali truck a little bit around town, wife drives a new XT5 Caddy daily, I drive a 94 Ranger daily with a 4 liter V6 and great air with 380,000 miles on it. We tow the JL behind our 16, 45 foot Entegra coach with a 600 HP Cummings diesel for vacation travel 7 months a year.The JL is then driven all over at every stop.

RI Music Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6-spd manual
Occupation
Daddy/Pipe Organ Tech/Musician
Drive it every day for everything...including some work. Sometimes I work from home, but weekday highway commute is about 20 miles (one way). Weekend non-highway commute to job #2 is 11 miles (one way). Like others have said, it's just fun to drive!