Sponsored

Daily Driver Mods?

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
What modifications would you all recommend to increase the functionality of the JL as a daily? I was thinking of throwing on the synergy sector shaft brace for some road stability, anything else to recommend?
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Front trackbar, rear trackbar. Check/correct the steering box play. Keep the stock steering damper.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
What modifications would you all recommend to increase the functionality of the JL as a daily? I was thinking of throwing on the synergy sector shaft brace for some road stability, anything else to recommend?
Does your jeep drive poorly? Do you plan to off road it?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Install a dead pedal. Perhaps add some seat covers if you have kids or pets.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Mine is bone stock, daily driver. I havent seen or felt anything I thought I needed to fix.

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Unless you have steering issues, don't do the V41 recall. Keep it as is, some one of us did the swap and had wobble issues when otherwise we had none.

If you bike a lot, get a RoughCountry Spare Tire Relocation Bracket. You can skip the instruction to bring up the 3rd brake light and it won't obstruct your rear view as much. The relocation bracket will allow you to use a Thule bike rack on your hitch without blocking the rear swing gate by giving you necessary clearances.

I like the stiffer feel of the swapped Rubicon shocks and springs honestly.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I would not install any additional suspension on my Jeep. There is almost always some trade off of driveability when going aftermarket. For off road sure, I get you may need beefier parts. But I will never go off road so its not a concern.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
One member started a thread on soundproofing his JLU. He stripped out the seats and carpet and installed soundproofing on the floorpan. Then he installed a headliner panel kit. He gave some measured db readings, if I recall correctly. He was very pleased.

OP
OP

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Does your jeep drive poorly? Do you plan to off road it?
It drives just fine. I've had it for 9 months and the only issue I have with it is a dead spot and wandering steering. It's not a huge bother, it drives like a Jeep is suppose to but it;s annoying in high wind situations, but i know nothing will fix that

Sponsored

OP
OP

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
One member started a thread on soundproofing his JLU. He stripped out the seats and carpet and installed soundproofing on the floorpan. Then he installed a headliner panel kit. He gave some measured db readings, if I recall correctly. He was very pleased.
Seems like a time consuming venture lo. I wonder if a headliner would do anything to help with the wind noise when the hardtop is on

OP
OP

blkhawk_jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Unless you have steering issues, don't do the V41 recall. Keep it as is, some one of us did the swap and had wobble issues when otherwise we had none.

If you bike a lot, get a RoughCountry Spare Tire Relocation Bracket. You can skip the instruction to bring up the 3rd brake light and it won't obstruct your rear view as much. The relocation bracket will allow you to use a Thule bike rack on your hitch without blocking the rear swing gate by giving you necessary clearances.

I like the stiffer feel of the swapped Rubicon shocks and springs honestly.
I left my suspension stock but added 2.5'' spacer lift to fit my larger tires. I was thinking about doing a full suspension lift but for the time being dont want to void any suspension warranty

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I used to be of the mind set to keep it all stock. But a Jeep is for going anywhere you want within your on or off road driving skill limits. My off-roading skill is still pretty novice and may likely be that way for a while, because this is my daily driver and I'm not gonna go cliff climbing in it.

But, it is a Jeep and I bought it because I would like to go see more of my state of Colorado (or any state for that matter) other than just the freeways and well traveled concrete roads. Even though my Sport S is certainly no rock crawling, mud whomping, winch pulling Rubi (due to its open diffs), it is still a pretty decent vehicle that can take me anywhere I damn well may want to journey. My Jeep is both my real world commuter as well as my getaway rig that can take me to places I would otherwise never be able to even contemplate in any mere car.

So for me I'm looking for that fine line of compromise. Neither a lame commuter nor a full blown off-roading beast, rather a little of both. So I'm going for the conservative Mopar 2" lift with cross-functional 35" all terrain tires.

My Fuel Ammo 17" wheels are still on back order, and maybe for awhile due to the corona virus insanity, but I've just completed the lift. And no matter what anyone else thinks, I really do like it because this is the most capable vehicle I've ever owned. It gives me great joy in getting not only Jeep waves, but glances and stares from other ordinary drivers and passer-bys.

My lifted ride feels remarkably similar to stock suspension with the factory wheels and stock 245/75R17 Michelin tires. In fact, if I kept it this way I'd still likely be able to go most anywhere I want. Colorado snow storms would be even easier. Still my asperations are to make my Sport S as capable as I can make it without losing much of the daily driver I need it to be.

Before and after pics with the dealership installed Mopar lift:

P.S.
I apologize for the other forum members who may have seen these pics on other threeds, but I am really happy with my Jeep (my wife named him Snoopy). I'm just sharing a little of my Jeep joy...

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200320_175217_1.jpg

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I left my suspension stock but added 2.5'' spacer lift to fit my larger tires. I was thinking about doing a full suspension lift but for the time being dont want to void any suspension warranty
The Mopar lift will not void your warranty. This alone is the reason I went with it. I'm not certain what happens if you install it anywhere other than the dealership. However, included with the lift were the re-aiming of the headlights, centering of the steering wheel and verification of all suspension alignment.

Hope this helps with any future plans.

Jay
Sponsored