First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I thought someone said there was a TSB about this, but I did not see it in the TSB section. Can anyone provide if there is?

Thanks!

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
So they tell dealership to sand it then paint it and we get to sit and wait to see how long takes to come back. Will do it that way till it’s on our dime then maybe fix it right. Sounds like a great solution to a big problem. Been doing to me for 3 years on 2 Jeeps with electrical stuff. Getting ready to go through 2nd buy back now cause don’t fix anything just make go away for few months. Why I’m leaving for more than couple months. Sad stuff

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
So I was told wrong by service guy that called and said they were replacing my hood. They are repainting it, and waiting for approval to do the door as well.
The main body shop guy explained why this is happening and the process Chrysler uses to mate body parts and the way they are dipped.

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I “unknowingly” joined the bubbling paint club recently. While my 18 JL was at the dealer for a turbo repair, the service advisor told me the tech noticed some bubbling on the hood, and that they wanted to go ahead and make the repair. I hadn’t even noticed it, but agreed. I’ve already had one hood paint repair (wet sand blemishes) and also a fender repaint (yellowing paint).

Anyway, my Jeep came back to me in the below state. I’m not sure if they missed this corrosion, or simply painted over it. And my decals are now bubbled too (I tried to fix myself to no avail - I think they may have replaced after paint job - fail).

After reading this thread, I checked my door hinges and no issues there so far.

5478BF12-6AD7-46DD-9A1B-6E422B93DFEA.jpeg
9BDC9F53-40E1-4148-8893-CEC7394D3DEF.jpeg

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Wait... that is after the dealer addressed your paint issues on the hood? Mine goes in for all 8 door hinges and one hood hinge next week. They have to replace my hood stickers also and they better do a better job then that.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Wait... that is after the dealer addressed your paint issues on the hood? Mine goes in for all 8 door hinges and one hood hinge next week. They have to replace my hood stickers also and they better do a better job then that.
Yes - they have some explaining to do. Generally, they’ve been good to work with so I’m hopeful they’ll make it right.

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Geez - why did you accept it back in that condition...that horrible.
I didn’t notice it until I got home. I was holding a
flashlight while I was trying to get the bubbles out of the hood decals, hoping I would not have to go back to the dealer again - and then I saw it - and then my neighbors heard an assortment of expletives coming from my driveway.

Anyway, actually hard to see it the sun. I didn’t even know it was there in the first place - they told me about it when my Jeep was there for other warranty repairs. So now they are saying they must have missed that spot...hmm. I wish I had asked to see pictures before I agreed to the repairs - but I imagine they must have sent photos to regional office per the TSB for approval. I plan to run that down. Taking it back next week.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I didn’t notice it until I got home. I was holding a
flashlight while I was trying to get the bubbles out of the hood decals, hoping I would not have to go back to the dealer again - and then I saw it - and then my neighbors heard an assortment of expletives coming from my driveway.

Anyway, actually hard to see it the sun. I didn’t even know it was there in the first place - they told me about it when my Jeep was there for other warranty repairs. So now they are saying they must have missed that spot...hmm. I wish I had asked to see pictures before I agreed to the repairs - but I imagine they must have sent photos to regional office per the TSB for approval. I plan to run that down. Taking it back next week.
I would ask for the pictures also. Something feels off with how that went down and also what you were left with.

Outsider87

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stinggray 2018 JLUR 3.6
Occupation
IT
So I just noticed the corner/edge of my hood bubbling on my sting gray 8 JLUR. I only have 24,000 miles on it, but it's out of warranty by now. This situation seems pretty disappointing. I don't mind earning some trail rash but this is something else. should I be ready to empty my pockets since its already out of warranty or is this something jeep may still cover?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
So I just noticed the corner/edge of my hood bubbling on my sting gray 8 JLUR. I only have 24,000 miles on it, but it's out of warranty by now. This situation seems pretty disappointing. I don't mind earning some trail rash but this is something else. should I be ready to empty my pockets since its already out of warranty or is this something jeep may still cover?
5 year/100k warranty on body, it's covered.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Unfortunately since you are beyond the 3 year / 36 bumper to bumper warranty, the 5 year / unlimited mile corrosion warranty only covers if there are holes, see attached. Others have had some success, seems to depend on the dealer.

Warranty Page 8.jpg
Sponsored