First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stinggray 2018 JLUR 3.6
Occupation
IT
Unfortunately since you are beyond the 3 year / 36 bumper to bumper warranty, the 5 year / unlimited mile corrosion warranty only covers if there are holes, see attached. Others have had some success, seems to depend on the dealer.

Warranty Page 8.jpg
Thank you for the clarification, Much appreciated. I'll have to cross my fingers and see how good my local Dealer is.
Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Thank you for the clarification, Much appreciated. I'll have to cross my fingers and see how good my local Dealer is.
Def take it to the dealer. My dealer told me it was a 5 year/100k, that obviously states differently. I am out of the 36 mos period as well on my 18, but they approved everything to be fixed.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Unfortunately since you are beyond the 3 year / 36 bumper to bumper warranty, the 5 year / unlimited mile corrosion warranty only covers if there are holes, see attached. Others have had some success, seems to depend on the dealer.

Warranty Page 8.jpg
That is not correct from what I have seen and how fca is dealing with it. I just dropped my Jeep off to get $3,200 worth of work done to it that was approved by fca. I have a 2018 with 48k miles and I am the second owner. Go to your dealer and get the service manger to take pictures and send them to fca for approval.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
That is not correct from what I have seen and how fca is dealing with it. I just dropped my Jeep off to get $3,200 worth of work done to it that was approved by fca. I have a 2018 with 48k miles and I am the second owner. Go to your dealer and get the service manger to take pictures and send them to fca for approval.
I was merely sharing what is in writing from FCA. Some people have had their claims approved and some have had them denied.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I was merely sharing what is in writing from FCA. Some people have had their claims approved and some have had them denied.
Sorry if that came off rude. I called FCA and reached out to Jeep cares. Both said this should be covered under the 5 year corrosion warranty. That being said it took me 3 dealers before I found one willing to put in the effort to help. Even if they have a body shop the rates are so low they don’t want the work. The dealer I found has no body shop and will get no money from FCA for taking the time to create a case and set me up with the body shop they use for repairs. I would hate for someone to read the warranty above and give up when it can and will be covered. One thing to be crystal clear on is that it has to be on the panel not just the hinge. They will not cover the hinges

Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2018 with 38k second owner. Goes in to paint shop soon for the SECOND time since ive owned it. This time it started inside the door seam and came around under the new paint and is now flaking that off. It’s becoming a real pain but my dealer or FCA has never gave me a issue with taking it in yet. Twice now. Maybe they can blend it right and the doors paint shade will actually match the rest of the jeep this time? Only time will tell

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The bottom line is what is written in the warranty is what FCA is legally bound to do.

They are approving cases of bubbling for PR/customer relations reasons, but are not required to.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Sorry if that came off rude. I called FCA and reached out to Jeep cares. Both said this should be covered under the 5 year corrosion warranty. That being said it took me 3 dealers before I found one willing to put in the effort to help. Even if they have a body shop the rates are so low they don’t want the work. The dealer I found has no body shop and will get no money from FCA for taking the time to create a case and set me up with the body shop they use for repairs. I would hate for someone to read the warranty above and give up when it can and will be covered. One thing to be crystal clear on is that it has to be on the panel not just the hinge. They will not cover the hinges
No problem, I didn't take it as rude and I didn't mean to sound defensive. It can be difficult to convey meaning in a quick post. I also should have said something in my post about definitely going to to the dealer, or multiple dealers if that's what it takes.

I've got a few small bubbles on only one hinge. I'm going to hold off until I get close to the 5 years to give the rest of the vehicle time to start bubbling, then we'll see where it goes.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
One thing to be crystal clear on is that it has to be on the panel not just the hinge. They will not cover the hinges
That is what my dealer told me also, although I do not understand why, the hinges are only covered under the 3 year warranty, after that to the fifth year only the panels are covered. On the other hand, the hinges are not expensive and are easy to replace.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
That is what my dealer told me also, although I do not understand why, the hinges are only covered under the 3 year warranty, after that to the fifth year only the panels are covered. On the other hand, the hinges are not expensive and are easy to replace.
And they don’t look bad black so can always buy them and use a rattle can. The place where my Jeep is at quoted the replacement hinges as cost affective and fca did not change it so I am getting all 8 replaced. My JK had bad hinges but it never affected the panel just the hinge so I did not care.

Sponsored

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My journey started 3 months ago with a service advisor that blew smoke up my ass for 2 months and never filed any paperwork. He was canned and had to go to the dealer and talk to the service manager to find out what was going on. New service advisor and another month in and they finally took it in for repair. They told me 5 days and guess what…. On day 5 they tell me it is gonna take another week, because heat and humidity is causing problems. Now I’ve done paint and bodywork back in the day so that excuse makes me go hhhhmmm.

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The saga continues… it’s now a week later and guess what. Gonna be another week. Excuse this time is they broke the clips on the fender flare removing them and won’t get the parts until next Wednesday FML I just want my damn Jeep back!

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The saga continues… it’s now a week later and guess what. Gonna be another week. Excuse this time is they broke the clips on the fender flare removing them and won’t get the parts until next Wednesday FML I just want my damn Jeep back!
Why were your fenders removed??

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I was told 8 days for mine to get done which was yesterday. I called on wednesday and was told someone would call me Friday morning but no call yet so thinking it will be a no go for me having the jeep for a 90 degree weekend. The shop is painting the hood and all 4 doors but zero panel blending so praying it does not look like some of the horror body shop work in this thread.

Mjones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was told 8 days for mine to get done which was yesterday. I called on wednesday and was told someone would call me Friday morning but no call yet so thinking it will be a no go for me having the jeep for a 90 degree weekend. The shop is painting the hood and all 4 doors but zero panel blending so praying it does not look like some of the horror body shop work in this thread.
Don't they need to blend it in order for everything to match correctly? Mine has been in for almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting really nervous that there's going to be obvious paint spots where they fixed corrosion on four doors and hood
Sponsored