Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
And here's the response from jeepcares

I do see the pictures submitted and Warranty Department advised that it was rejected and referred the dealership to their resources. What I can do is escalate the case up to our Case management Team. The Case Manager will review further and work one on one with yourself and the dealership. The Case Manager will contact you back in 1-2 business days.
Yea thatā€™s not right! This is a widely known issue. They act like they ā€œneed to examine the picsā€? As if they are hearing about this for the first time!?
this is not a customer user errordefect.

this is a manufacturer Defect that they donā€™t even attempt to do anything about! SMH

Hopefully when the case manager gets back to you it will be with an acceptable/professional and frankly the RIGHT response.

good luck!
Sponsored

Ward

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Hi. Second post here, have been lurking in the forum for a bit now. I am currently in the process of having all 4 of my doors painted, brought this exact issue to my local dealer, I got word the same day that the warranty would cover it and I got my jeep in about 4 days later. I did get the "well this is kinda a jeep thing" and even after the repair they said more than likely it would probably happen again. They are going to be priming and painting under the hinges so I hope it's not true. I asked if it does happen again after the warranty is up what would it cost to get the repair and was told $800-$900 bucks per door. Ive owned many cars, never have I seen paint do this on any car. I'm greatful it's being taken care of hassle free, but I'm thinking about ditching this thing ASAP.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges Screenshot_20201016-110904

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have this issue on my 2020 JLUR. I purchased it on June 23, 2020. The spots arenā€™t bad on mine but I had my local dealer look at it and take pics a couple months ago.

Itā€™s not at a point that I want mine fixed yet, but Iā€™m highly disturbed that my $56k vehicle has corrosion issues before going through one winter. Iā€™m a mechanical engineer and understand dissimilar metals being in contact can have issues if not correctly prevented.

If FCA doesnā€™t do something proactive to correct this there will be a class action lawsuit. Thereā€™s simply no excuse for this in todayā€™s day and age.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Got mine back. The repair just isn't good enough for me to keep. I'm moving on.
If mine starts bubbling it's gone . End of subject !

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Thereā€™s simply no excuse for this in todayā€™s day and age.
This is just my opinion, but I think the excuse is cost savings. I think Toledo North saved a lot of money by not using an epoxy primer on the doors. However, if Jeep decides to issue a "special policy" for this issue, where's their cost savings now?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This thread gave me the heebie jeebies!
I own a three-week old firecracker red 2021 JLUR with less than 300mi on the odo. It is my first ever Jeep and Iā€™m truly in love with this car. Although the overall pain job looks amazing to me, I havenā€™t yet fully inspected every inch of the body. But I now have a very strong urge to go to my car right now and inspect all my hinges for any corrosion under the paint and have it documented by @JeepCares !
I really hope FCA finds a solution for this as it really is terrible to see so many new Jeeps corroding away:(
Hi @DavidArmen,

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Jeep Wrangler, please feel free to reach out to our team via messages.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
2019 Granite Crustal JLUR. Noticed spots around hinges after a few months, bubbling is spreading around hinges on drivers side doors. I will wait until nearing end of warranty to hopefully buy me more time and to avoid multiple repaints. Hopefully FCA comes out with a real solution in the mean time. I also have the clicking doors issue (internal door support beams coming unglued). Many/most of you also probably have this but may not notice it (doors click when opening and closing). I also had my hard top painted after delivery due to it showing white fiberglass through the factory black textured paint.

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Took mine in and the lady at the body shop said it was the 8th one they have done this year. She noticed more spots than I did. She also noticed dirt under my paint by my VIN and paint code, texturing under my paint from them not sanding out marks from the plastic molds as well as poor body sealer on my tailgate. I also got a quote to have my PPF and ceramic coating redone for $3,500 so we will see if Jeep Cares will step up and cover it.

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon (replaced 2018 JLU Sport S)
Took mine in and the lady at the body shop said it was the 8th one they have done this year. She noticed more spots than I did. She also noticed dirt under my paint by my VIN and paint code, texturing under my paint from them not sanding out marks from the plastic molds as well as poor body sealer on my tailgate. I also got a quote to have my PPF and ceramic coating redone for $3,500 so we will see if Jeep Cares will step up and cover it.
I've dealt with this corrosion issue 3 separate times already on my vehicleā€”it still isn't right, but I do suggest you go through JeepCares so it can be properly "documented". My particular case was eventually escalated to Chrysler Corp and I am now working with them for future issues. I don't know how this ends yet, and my confidence is certainly shaken, but I'm hopeful it will all work out in the end. Best of luck.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just got my Jeep back after sending it in to fix the bubbles. They did a terrible job with painting and to top it off, they somehow broke the rear door handle... Iā€™m torn on whether I should go back to the dealership I had it done at or go to a different one...

Just got my Jeep back today for the 2nd time to fix the issues above. They only did the driver side even though the passenger's side is still sloppy with the 2 different colors. They even put too much paint in the T50 imprint on one of the hinges on the driver's door to the point where the imprint is almost gone. It looks terrible and I'm beyond pissed. I messaged @JeepCares about this but honestly, I'm not expecting much with my prior experience with them. Fingers crossed that they will actually be helpful this time around.

Sponsored

2020OceanBlue

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Oh boy! Reading all these posts is disheartening at best. We just bought our 2020 JLU on September 11th. We've wanted a Wrangler for some time now so we went ahead and bought it. The thing is, this is our 4th Jeep! (97 Cherokee Sport, 2000 Grand Cherokee, 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland, and now a 2020 JLU). We never experienced anything like this until we got into the JL world. With barely 1,200 miles on the new one, I'm watching these threads while holding my breath hoping nothing will happen! But i feel like I'm hoping against hope. Time will tell.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have this issue on my 2020 JLUR. I purchased it on June 23, 2020. The spots arenā€™t bad on mine but I had my local dealer look at it and take pics a couple months ago.

Itā€™s not at a point that I want mine fixed yet, but Iā€™m highly disturbed that my $56k vehicle has corrosion issues before going through one winter. Iā€™m a mechanical engineer and understand dissimilar metals being in contact can have issues if not correctly prevented.

If FCA doesnā€™t do something proactive to correct this there will be a class action lawsuit. Thereā€™s simply no excuse for this in todayā€™s day and age.
We understand how frustrated you must be. If visit your dealer for this concern in the future, please let us know beforehand. We would be happy to assist while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Tom Anderson

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep rubicon JL
If you read back some posts you will see how Jeep consulted with Audi who had consulted with NASA on handling aluminum on vehicles because it is problems they have run into and still have. Read the post from an Army helicopter mechanic and the problem they have with aluminum. Go google other car manufacturers that use aluminum like Ford F-150. Try researching an issue instead of just making dumb statements.

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
Boston MA. 18 months 2019 JLRU, 12,632 miles. Crap paint work to start with, and now the bubbling. Had a recent service at my dealer (Acton), pointed it out...sent to another dealer with a body shop (Natick)
Second dealer not pleased I was sent there, and was presented with ā€œitā€™s a Jeep, not a Lexusā€...to which my response was, ā€œThen donā€™t charge Lexus pricesā€.. reluctantly scheduled for January 11th 2021 as they are overloaded with warranty work....
Fingers crossed that with will be corrected with matching Mojito! Green...
2020...love it!

4039C865-C9C8-4C79-9882-A0361F452B8C.jpeg

C27D75A4-55B4-4114-943A-7AC1F5121BFE.jpeg

F3960251-FBCF-4B1A-A7AD-66F411A99361.jpeg

3190636F-03CA-42EA-AAD9-F960F4000DBA.jpeg

455B7A5C-6556-4B95-8EBD-EB65E2C4F69A.jpeg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Service advisor had one look and is scheduling some time with their body shop in south Denver. I'll get it in sometime in July depending on how busy they are. Enough time to research their work.
Hey man, which dealership do you like?
Sponsored