Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
What I do expect is on the JL's midlife refresh (2023?) Jeep will up it's game
That's what I'm waiting for. More specifically, I'm waiting to see how further electrification/hybridity is gonna play out from both Bronco and Jeep. I'm kind of at the point where I think at least a hybrid is the way to go for a car purchase in a few years, but just gotta see it all play out.

I've actually been wanting to test drive a 2-door Defender (base trim obviously whatever they call it - I'm not made of money lol) just to see what that is like. I don't know if they've made the 2 doors yet.

Or maybe my next vehicle will just be a Corolla, who knows lol
Sponsored

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Each time I drive pass the local Ford dealership I see a couple of what I suspect are the entry level Broncos sitting out front. I got to say they look like every other small/mid-size SUV on the road except for the grille. I'll stick with my Jeep Wrangler, no matter what model of Wrangler you get it's unmistakably a Wrangler. Just my 2 cents.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Each time I drive pass the local Ford dealership I see a couple of what I suspect are the entry level Broncos sitting out front. I got to say they look like every other small/mid-size SUV on the road except for the grille. I'll stick with my Jeep Wrangler, no matter what model of Wrangler you get it's unmistakably a Wrangler. Just my 2 cents.

Those would be the Bronco Sports. Not the same as the Bronco. No dealership has the new Broncos yet that I'm aware of.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Those would be the Bronco Sports. Not the same as the Bronco. No dealership has the new Broncos yet that I'm aware of.
Thanks. Good thing for Ford. If these are the same Bronco line this thread is referring too it would be a short lived revival for Ford!! Can't see them as a mass market contender over the long haul which would be needed for Ford to maintain production of the higher end models that would steal Wrangler owners away.

Sponsored

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My wife decided to get the Bronco Sport when her lease is up in the fall. I really like the look of the full size Bronco and if it was available it would have been in the running.

I think Ford will do very well with it. I know my Ford Stock is finally moving up after 10+ years.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
The Bronco Sport is nice, for what it is, which appears to be a competitor to the likes of the Cherokee. Here's a look at my JL next to a Bronco Sport.

broncovsjeep.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think the Sport is really good for what it is. But i think the branding is a big mistake. It’s gonna cheapen the brand. And it’s confusing. But after the Mach-e it’s not surprising.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I think the Sport is really good for what it is. But i think the branding is a big mistake. It’s gonna cheapen the brand. And it’s confusing. But after the Mach-e it’s not surprising.
Completely agree. If it came after the actual Bronco, it would make more sense. For now, these are the Bronco to consumers and these aren't in the same class as a Wrangler. Unless you're an enthusiast or have a Bronco pre-order, that's likely your world view on the Bronco brand.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I can't really say I'm feeling to Bronco. They will fit a gap between the typical 4WD products out there and a Jeep Rubicon but we are still trying to compare apples to oranges. Honestly, I don't like the styling of the Bronco but I'm sure it will be a big seller with many happy customers. I know the street comfort level will be better on the Bronco so if it's an only vehicle, the off-road compromises may be worth it for it's other strong points.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The bronco sport(what is out now) is no more a Bronco than a Renegade is a JL.

I have not heard one person say they don’t want a JL because of how a Renegade looks.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I can't really say I'm feeling to Bronco. They will fit a gap between the typical 4WD products out there and a Jeep Rubicon but we are still trying to compare apples to oranges. Honestly, I don't like the styling of the Bronco but I'm sure it will be a big seller with many happy customers. I know the street comfort level will be better on the Bronco so if it's an only vehicle, the off-road compromises may be worth it for it's other strong points.
Considering 35 inch tires and 4.7 gears and up to a 95.1 crawl ratio oem it’s more than filling gaps.
On top of high speed off road runs it is a very worthy competitor.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

I have not heard one person say they don’t want a JL because of how a Renegade looks.
The problem with that is Jeep is not calling the Renegade a Wrangler Renegade. Everyone knows they are two separate models. Ford naming both Broncos confuses people and may potentially hurt the Bronco brand in the long run. The poster you quoted isn't the first to think that he's looking at the real Bronco and he won't be the last.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase

Why would you ? The Renegade doesn't carry the Wrangler brand on it. The Bronco (Sport or not) is branded as a Bronco. Your comparison is same as me saying I don't want an apple because I hate the way an orange looks.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
The Bronco Sport is nice, for what it is, which appears to be a competitor to the likes of the Cherokee. Here's a look at my JL next to a Bronco Sport.
It appears that the Bronco Sport is actually comparable to the Compass based on size. My wife has a Cherokee and the Bronco Sport is notably smaller.
Sponsored

Last edited: